You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

tippy

• "tippy" started this thread

Reg: Jul 20th 2007

Monday, August 13th 2007, 5:14pm

undescended Testis, oligospermia & azoospermia &

My husband had undescended Testis as a child and had the operation quite late when he was 5 to bring down the Testis.

After a lot of investigations, It has been confirmed that this is why we have had a problem conceiving.

Last year the Dr explained that he could not feel a VAS on the one side and after the op the one side had no mortile sperm at all. He explained that Epididymis was glued heavily and as a result a lot of damage and was very stuck (with no free movement of the testis). The Dr said he would have like to have a better result but we still have a chance with what have been stored.

My husband had TESA, through testicular biopsy (last year) and they had retrieved 2 ampoules which are now stored (we were told they were not swimming tho...but the is a test they can carry out on the day to see if they are viable?).

we have to go through ICSI treatment mid Sept. and my husband has been told he need to undergo a fresh TESA/PESA procedure on the day if the sperm don't survive.

We were under the impression tho, that the 4 small biobsy was going to be our only chance (by Dr). But now we are seeing a different Dr who explained that procedures have come on a lot in 1 year and that it is possible? My husbands 1st procedure was done privately as it was not available on the NHS last year but this time around it will be available.

Please let us know if you have been in a simular situation or any advice you can give.

Thanks Tippy.
ME 34 DH 42
TTC 6 and half Years
1ST ICSI Cycle Sept. 2007 (bfn) Swansea LWC
abandoned cycle July 2007
2nd ICSI Cycle Dec 2008 (bfn) Clinic Hauskin Norway

:rose: TIPPY :rose:

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Monday, August 13th 2007, 5:22pm

RE: undescended Testis, oligospermia & azoospermia &

Hi
Although we havnt been through the same, my DH has a undescended testicle, and we had to undergo ICSI a few years back. It is totally amazing what they can do now with sperm, it dosent seem to have to be motile. I watched an american programme last year and a doc took sperm from a man who was "Infetile" he found the few sprem within, not sure what they called it, but after a small op and the retreival of sperm they eventually got there baby..........
So dont you give up hope, science is amazing now and moving forward for the better for men and women.
Good luck with your journey, i wish you both well, and hope you are hearing the patter of little feet running around soon......

TTC - 12+ years
IVF/ICSI - May 05 BFN
IVF/ICSI - Sept 05 Very Very long awaited for BFP!!!!(Had Acupuncture & Took Baby Asprin)

Sadly Lost our Beautiful Baby Boy SAM 21 wks Gest - 12th January 2006, and he was truly my miracle....
I Love You Sam xxx

tippy

• "tippy" started this thread

Reg: Jul 20th 2007

Monday, August 13th 2007, 5:28pm

Thank you lovely

Tippy x
ME 34 DH 42
TTC 6 and half Years
1ST ICSI Cycle Sept. 2007 (bfn) Swansea LWC
abandoned cycle July 2007
2nd ICSI Cycle Dec 2008 (bfn) Clinic Hauskin Norway

:rose: TIPPY :rose:

Reg: Apr 4th 2007

Monday, August 13th 2007, 6:32pm

My husband had bilateral undescended testes which were not operated on until he was about 7.

He has severe oligospermia (thats the right word for very few isn't it?).

he's seen a urologist and is undergoing an operation in a weeks time to see if they can remove any blockages caused by scar tissue caused by the operation to make his testes drop.

we don't hold out too much hope of this working and if it doesn't we are hoping to start IVF with ICSI by the end of the year.

Goodluck honey
xxxxx
Me 28 DH 28.
DH=v.low sperm count, Me=endo. laparoscopy 10/1/08.
ES/ICSI starts soon :pray:

chalmers206

Superstar

Reg: Feb 5th 2007

Children: my beatufil boy born on 22/4/10

Thursday, August 16th 2007, 11:34pm

RE: undescended Testis, oligospermia & azoospermia &

hi Tippy,

If you dont mind me asking what hospital did you go to?.

We are sort of similar circumstances, my dh had a failed vasectomy reversal 5 years ago, we have had to go private and the urologist advised re-doing the reversal or going for tese with icsi. It would be interesting to find out if we would be eligible for nhs funding for tese as our doc said we werent.

We live in lanarkshire and are going for the treatment at the Glasgow Nuffield.

How long can they store the sperm for after tese?, as we are trying to save for tese/icsi, maybe we could go for tese the now then start icsi next year.

look forward to hearing from you.

kat x
2ND ES/ICSI AUG 09 = :BFP
THOMAS JOHN (TJ) BORN 22/4/10
DEC 2012 :BFP:
ONE BEAUTIFUL [zx076] SEEN 9/1/13

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE