You are not logged in.

Unread posts

chavi

• "chavi" started this thread

Reg: Nov 26th 2007

Monday, November 26th 2007, 2:24pm

the strangest thing (iui)...

hi e/o
im in my 2nd round of iui after 6 days of hormone (gonal f) shots and last nite went to the doc w/ that mornings bloodtest results and my numbers had not moved at all! it was if i had received injections of air! i was stunned to say the least. my ultrasound showed no follicles at all. a few weeks ago in our 1st iui attempt my numbers were sky high with multiple follicles.
anyone with any answers??
confused and frustrated,
chavi

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2006

Location: depend's which room my twins have decided to vanish to!

Children: We have two VERY precious miracles! Twin girl/boy!

Monday, November 26th 2007, 2:29pm

:wave:Hiay Chavi

Welcome to :FZ: hun, I hope you soon feel at home here.
Sorry I don't have any info or answers re: IUI, but I'm sure one of the more experienced ladies who has or is going through IUI will be able to answer you sweetie.

:goodluck: with your journey, I will keep everything crossed for an outstanding result for you xfingers [zx189]

babydust

All the best, take care smile2

X

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

chavi

Monday, November 26th 2007, 2:52pm

thanks..
of course i am disappointed to have to cancel this months chances especially after being such a "good girl" and doing exactly what i was told to do (in the mad rat race that my life is) but what bothers me MOST is not understanding what the h happened as to avoid it happening again.
could the hormone batch have been defected or ineffective?
maybe it was the nurse's fault when she originally set my injection pen it didnt seem like she really had much experience with it.
?????????????????

by the way how do u add those really cool signatures, does it have to be put in my profile or added each time to a post? :innocent:

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Monday, November 26th 2007, 2:52pm

hiya and welcome to fz

what dose were you on first go? and second go?

maybe they lowered your drugs to much
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

Reg: Jul 19th 2007

Children: 1 lovely Step Son aged 17

Monday, November 26th 2007, 2:58pm

:hi: Chavi just wanted to pop in and say :goodluck: with your treatment

ME 32
DH 38
TTC 4.5yrs
Lap & Dye 07 very mild endo
6 clomid cycle's 100mg all :BFN:

fairy

Superstar

United Kingdom

Reg: Oct 16th 2006

Location: depend's which room my twins have decided to vanish to!

Children: We have two VERY precious miracles! Twin girl/boy!

Monday, November 26th 2007, 3:02pm

Quoted

Originally posted by chavi

by the way how do u add those really cool signatures, does it have to be put in my profile or added each time to a post? :innocent:

Click on 'profile' at the top of the page, then click on 'signature' then type what you want to add about your self in there.
If you're wanting to add pics or anything else like that to your sig, then you need to upload some pics from your PC onto 'photobucket' here is a link - Photobucket ... Click here ... - or any other similar site and 'copy' the 'BBCODE' off of there and 'paste'' it into your sig.

HTH?

X

Me 30, DF 36
Ella-Louise and Ayden were born 24th December 2008 (11 weeks early) - Our family is now complete ... So we thought! A new bundle is on it's way! EDD 27th August 2012!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "fairy" (Nov 26th 2007, 3:05pm)

Flossy.

Superstar

Reg: Jan 2nd 2007

Monday, November 26th 2007, 4:17pm

RE: the strangest thing (iui)...

:wave: Chavi,
Welcome hun to :FZ: everyone on here are really nice friendly and very supportive you will soon settle in here hun. Like Kara has said what was the dosage that you took on your 1st and 2nd attempt it might have been a lower dosage, Apart from that i really dont no the answer to your question i am sorry even though we have had 6 funded iuis the consultant nore the nurses knew why they all were :BFN: So sorry i was'nt much [zx120] i am wishing you :goodluck: and i hope that you get that :BFP: soon take care and keep us all posted nicky xxxx

:rose: Me 34 DH 30 :rose:
6 IUI'S :BFN: :sniff:
Hoping for a baby 2009:pray:
Was classed as "Unexplained Infertility"
On 9th Jan 2 Fibroids.
Having a break for a while

babydust babydust

chavi

Monday, November 26th 2007, 4:23pm

wow, thanks for all the attention, gals! :smile: :smile: :smile:
my dosage on both attempts is 150
its like something was wrong with the injection pen. i pulled it out all the way each time and pushed it all the way back in during injections, let it stay in for at least 10 secs after to make sure i get the whole dose. i even checked each time to see a drop come out before taking the shot. i just cant figure it out.

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Monday, November 26th 2007, 4:26pm

chavi, I am having similar problems...

How long have you been stimming for?

I have had 4 days of 225 gonal-f and one day of 150 and nothing is happening!! nada!

The last time I responded instantly!??

I used normal syringes the last time and am terrified that I am doing something wrong with the pen!
(I do get some drops from it afterwards...)

Will they let you continue on a larger dose?
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Flossy.

Superstar

Reg: Jan 2nd 2007

Monday, November 26th 2007, 4:33pm

Me neither but then i got my DH to do mine but he was as bad as me alittle scared :scared:, Its horrilbe when you dont know the answers to why these things happen we are classed as " Unexplained Infertility" and it gets soo frustrating every month as we aint got pregnant yet and its like you keep on asking yourself why is it not happening what is the reason but nobody knows. The consultant told us that couples go on and on with treatment after treatment for years and years and spend thousands of pounds but still dont get pregnant its just something they cant answer :hairout
I just keep my fingers crossed and hope and :pray: that it will happen one day but that day seems like forever.

babydust babydust babydust

:rose: Me 34 DH 30 :rose:
6 IUI'S :BFN: :sniff:
Hoping for a baby 2009:pray:
Was classed as "Unexplained Infertility"
On 9th Jan 2 Fibroids.
Having a break for a while

babydust babydust

• "SingingNun" is no longer a member of FZ
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Feb 8th 2006

Children: Rebecca, born 12th March 2008

Monday, November 26th 2007, 6:12pm

I never used the injection pen so have no experience of it to be able to help but it does seem strange that another person using the pen also has had problems. We used needles/syringes and Menogon so mixed the powder into the liquid to it and then DH injected into alternate bum cheeks. Do you know if Cons monitored each blood result? I wish I could be more help as I can understand how confusing it must be - could you ask for an important with the Cons to go through your questions as I am sure he/she would like to go through it and closer monitor you next time. If the Cons not fully aware of results, he may not know the outcome.

xxx Lorraine xxx

Me: 39 & DH: 42 ~ TTC: 5yrs; M/c@7.5wks (20/1/03) & became a mum after our 2nd IUI attempt in June 2007 to 6lbs 4ozs baby girl called Rebecca after an emergency caesarean section at 6.29am on 12th March 2008

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "SingingNun" (Nov 26th 2007, 6:14pm)

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Monday, November 26th 2007, 6:27pm

Hi, Chavi
And welcome to FZ
Unfortunately one does not always respond predictably to the medication each time. On my first cycle I used Clomid only - no effect so abandoned, second cycle Clomid and Menagon got one follicle and IUI on day 23, third cycle Clomid and Gonal F 75mg got 2 follicles and IUI on day 18, 4th cycle increased Gonal F to 150mg per dose and got no follicles at all on day 22 so cycle abandoned!

You do not mention if you have any underlying contributing factors like PCOS which can inhibit your response to the medication you are on...

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

chavi

Monday, November 26th 2007, 6:35pm

by the way, i didnt mean that "nothing happened" that i didnt have success at getting pregnant. that happened in round one when e/t went "perfect" but didnt end up getting pregnant.
THIS TIME there was no reaction at all, my body did not react to the hormones as if i didnt take shots at all, the weirdest thing...

Torisen

Monday, November 26th 2007, 7:05pm

chavi, we understand. I am trying to understand since the same is happening to me too.
Had my scan today and it was just that. Ovaries doing absolutely nothing!!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Monday, November 26th 2007, 7:06pm

Chavi that is what it was like for me on cycle 4. I was taking the drugs as I was supposed to but my ovaries did not respond at all - as if I had not taken anything. That is what I was trying to explain in my previous post.
This is also why I asked if you had any other problems like PCOS. In my case PCOS is the reason my body did not respond the way it should have. I went on the have ovarian drilling and then resumed treatment at lower doses and, on round 7, got my BFP...

chavi

Monday, November 26th 2007, 7:12pm

what's PCOS?
what's ovarian drilling?
why was a lower dose more effective?
so happy it worked out for you!! :smile:
can i have (PCOS) a condition and have responded the 1st time but not the second?
my doc acted like he has never encountered such a situation before, he didnt have any explanation, i felt like a martian! :whoops:

Torisen

Monday, November 26th 2007, 7:17pm

poly cystic ovaries... I have got them :(

Bit of reading here:
What is PCOS?
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Tuesday, November 27th 2007, 2:27pm

Quoted

Originally posted by chavi
what's PCOS?
what's ovarian drilling?
why was a lower dose more effective?
so happy it worked out for you!! :smile:
can i have (PCOS) a condition and have responded the 1st time but not the second?
my doc acted like he has never encountered such a situation before, he didnt have any explanation, i felt like a martian! :whoops:

Ovarian Drilling: THe doc does a laparoscopy and basically uses a laser to make 5-15 holes in each ovary (in my case 10 each side). Not too sure how it works but it helps to normalise your own hormone levels and makes you respond better to drugs. For some women it will even help them to ovulate without drugs when they do not normally ovulate.

Why the lower dose was more effective: It is due to the surgery above.

As for your last question: yes it can as I used Gonal F at 75mg per day and got 2 eggs on one cycle and NONE on the next even though my dosage was increased when it was noted that I was not responding to the same dose as before.
It may be that you have PCOS, it may be that you have another condition, or it may just be that you simply did not respond as well for no particular reason at all. It really is not unheard of as there are a number of women here who have not responded as well on subsequent cycles as they did on earlier ones...

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Rene" (Nov 27th 2007, 2:27pm)

chavi

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 3:59pm

hi torison,
what do u mean by normal syringes? i am using the pen and every evening i use a new disposable needle "head" and attach it to the pen. my doc didnt even talk about changing my dose. he reacted as if he has never had a patient not respond to injections (as if i injected myself with water!) anyway, i had a rough 24 hrs, felt really thrown off and unstable as if someone had tilted the laws of nature. doing much better now, optimistic again. will do what it takes just afraid that it might happen again, don't know if something might have been wrong with the pen.
with all our past treatments and failed pregnancies, both my "angels" came along naturally....so u never know.
by the way where do u insert personal history at the end after your signature?

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental

Thursday, November 29th 2007, 7:57pm

Chavi - go to the top of the page and click on Profile
On the page that then opens click on Edit Signature
From there you can add the info you want displayed at the end of each message...

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE