Me 39+3 ok
DH 39 Azoospermia
3xDIUI all BFN
Plan B AI known donor, 4 x BFN :tears:
:BFP: 22 March 2008! happydance :sticky:please

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Friday, November 16th 2007, 9:57am

I really would not reccomend sleeping with a stranger without protection or to use his sperm in an unregulated manner...

It takes HIV 6 months to be present in a blood test (or at least so it used to) so you should know your donor for 6 months and trust them not to sleep with someone else for another 6 months to do a second test.

If a man is willing to sleep with a woman without protection then he must like living a risky life and me personally I would never trust him!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

• "SusieWinwood" started this thread

Reg: Jul 4th 2006

Friday, November 16th 2007, 10:08am

I think there has to be a lot of trust on both sides. I know I am clean and have the paperwork to prove it.

Bear in mind that a lot of the donors are married men who s wives/girlfriends do not know that are donating. They wouldn't risk their partners health to do this so are clean anyway. I've found this out along the way.

The donors I've made contact with have regular 6 month check ups and some are ex HFEA donors so again clean.

Susie x

Me 39+3 ok
DH 39 Azoospermia
3xDIUI all BFN
Plan B AI known donor, 4 x BFN :tears:
:BFP: 22 March 2008! happydance :sticky:please

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Friday, November 16th 2007, 10:50am

So do they then never start new sexual relations during the 6 months between the tests?
I also have paperst to show that I am clean but iff I would have sex with someone today then it would take around 6 months to show up on any tests... This is quite a long period...
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Friday, November 16th 2007, 10:53am

Quoted

Originally posted by SusieWinwoodBear in mind that a lot of the donors are married men who s wives/girlfriends do not know that are donating. They wouldn't risk their partners health to do this so are clean anyway.

Susie - it sounds like the men are using this as an excuse to cheat and have sex with other women apart from their wives or girlfriends. And quite frankly a man who does not tell his partner about donating whether that be through conventional or unconvential routes, is in my opinion a man that should not be trusted.

kski

Ace

Reg: Mar 26th 2006

Friday, November 16th 2007, 2:41pm

er

From the flipside - If I donated spem without telling Mrs K she would kill me

If I slept with the partner rather than AI - she would dig me up and kill me again ! to make sure -

This lady seems to be taking a lot on trust - the fact that the guy is going behind his wife's back is really concerning - and implies a deceitfulness about the whole thing. Susie - If you had suggested this to me - I would say that Men will try most anything for a shag - and spin some great lines - ! He told her what she wanted to hear !
She states that in real life she would never have sex with a stranger - But she does seem awfully naive - because in essence that is what she has done...

k
DAD to twins

Reg: Apr 23rd 2006

Friday, November 16th 2007, 5:01pm

I'm in shock!!! :8o:

Me 28 DH 32 [zx101]
1st ICSI Dec 05 8 eggs, 3 fert :BFN:
Left Tube removed June 06
2nd ICSI March 07 16 eggs, 7 fert:BFN:
3rd ICSI July 07 - 22 eggs, 5 fert :BFN:
4th ICSI Dec 07 with blasto, lovely eggs, slow development to blasto :BFN:

FERTILITYZONE