You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Pain&Nausea" started this thread

Reg: Oct 25th 2007

Friday, November 9th 2007, 3:36pm

How do you choose an clinic?

Dear Ladies

I’ve finally decided that the best course of action for me is to have the bilateral hydrosapinx removed. Now I’ve got that big task of finding a good clinic. I’ve read the guidance on the HFEA site so I’ve narrowed the search down to two clinics with a possibility for a third because they have a very good price plan.

The three that I am considering are the ARGC and UCH. UCH have said that it will be between £5-6K for a cycle and the ARGC looks a bit cheaper with the best success rate and the UCH following close by.

I’ve not looked at the stats for the women’s clinic but apparently they do a 3 for 2 deal for £5k including drugs which sounds like a phenomenal deal.

I’ve already had a consultation with UCH and I liked their fertility person, Melanie Davies but I am worried about the cost because if the first one is not successful not sure how I will finance the second at that cost.

Any ideas about how I can go about selecting and has anyone used any of the above clinics before?

Many thanks!

First Scan Date: 22 May 08

Second Scan: 10 June 08

Reg: Mar 6th 2006

Friday, November 9th 2007, 4:27pm

There are a few ladies that have had treatment at these clinics, I didnt go there I had my treatment at St Barts (they have quite good success rates), if that treatment did not work then we where going to go to Holly House in Essex, they have a good write up also.
Melanie
1st IUI cylce 10 March 06 BFN
2nd IUI cycle 19th June 06 BFN
3rd IUI cycle 6th Sep 06 BFN
4th IVF 31st March at St Barts :BFP:

Daisy born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.16am 4lb 13.5 oz
Nuala born @ 35wks 20/12/07 12.18am 5lb 10oz

mrs_smiff

Superstar

Reg: Jan 10th 2007

Children: 5 kids aged 21,18,14,13 and a little miracle born April 09

Friday, November 9th 2007, 9:38pm

After checking out success rate til I'm blue in the face, I have decided that I am going to choose a clinic which is convenient, and which makes me feel comfortable and as 'in control' as possible. I want one who will listen to me, take on board what I am saying and act on that as much as possible. Not one who is just going to treat me like just another statistic.

So as long as you feel comfortable with the people dealing with you, then go for it. It isn't about numbers. Those success rates they give you are for other people. Your success rate depends on you and you alone.
Me 35,DH 36 (Severe Oligospermia.).
4th ICSI :BFP:
I have 4 lovely big kids
Thomas Derren (Thom) July 1990
Luke Benjamin August 1993
Harley John Oliver June 1997
Alexandria Aimee Jay (Alex) July 1998
Lochlan Cassius James April 2009 (4th attempt at ICSI)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE