You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 13 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

bubble

Megastar

• "bubble" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 31st 2007, 1:59pm

"Normal" number of goes with Clomid...?

Hello all

Grateful for any advice or personal experiences.

It was suggested to me today by the consultant that I have 11 cycles of clomid. This surprised me. She would not be drawn into a discussion when I mentioned that my understanding that no more than 6 were "usually" prescribed.....said its worth a try before IVF........The only publicly available info that my hospital publishes on Clomid that makes reference to 11 cycles says that up to 11 is not considered to increase your risk of ovarian cancer....

Anyway, whether or not I try this or not, any thoughts? Particularly if anyone knew whether the success of it lessens with the number of cycles?

Thanks
x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, October 31st 2007, 2:02pm

Is she suggesting that you do 11 straight cycles??? Are these fully tracked?

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

bubble

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 31st 2007, 2:13pm

Hi - One month off for HSG, hopefully Nov, and then straight back on it. Def tracked initially as she wants to up the dose (and I wouldn't let them not track with a higher dose) but not sure if all tracked....will push for it...just not convinced 11 months of it is the right step to take.....

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Wednesday, October 31st 2007, 2:19pm

Neither am I Bubble - 99% of consultants will do 6 months max before then looking at IUI as the next step. Has she dscussed this with you?

The first three months - what have your tracking scans shown?

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

bubble

Megastar

• United Kingdom

Wednesday, October 31st 2007, 2:32pm

First three months have given me really really positive outcomes. Good follies on all three goes, and excellent day 21 prog results results (ranging from 50-something to 87 to 147).

Now on 4th cycle, follies not as great. Ov'd without help (as in had the hcg injection on cycles 2&3) and prog result of 19. Which, whilst it may confirm ovulation is def not as positive as earlier cycles (which is why I think she's thinking of increasing the dose).

Re IUI, no, they still don't know about any tube blockages and their 'general policy' is apparently to refer straight for IVF rather than IUI, I think because of the increased chance of success.

I haven't manage to find anything that explains a benefit in having more than 6 cycles...

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 13 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE