You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 24 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "poptart" started this thread

Reg: Jun 2nd 2007

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 1:33pm

Problems doing SA

Not sure I'm in the write place but here goes.

We're due to start IVF in November and my DH has to do another SA at our treatment clinic just to check everthing is still ok. He has a big problem doing this as he is v embarrased and finds it hard to get in the mood, if you know what I mean. There is no way I can get him to come on here or talk to anyone and he would be horrified to know I'm asking you this but is there anything I can suggest to him that might help.

I had to step in and help him out with the first SA which we did at home but this 2nd on has to be done at our clinic which is going to be even worse for him.

Any suggestions gratfully received. Thanks Pop Tart x

TTC#1 Aug 02-Feb 08
Jan/Feb 08 - IVF#1 - BFP
It's A Boy

Oct 17th 08 - Baby Sam is born

Reg: Jul 19th 2007

Children: 1 lovely Step Son aged 17

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 1:50pm

Hi poptart, My DH felt the same way, the first time he could do it at home (we only live 5mins from the hospital) then the second time we were told he would have to do his sample at the hospital, he was worried sick saying he wouldnt be able to do it and how would he get in the mood, they did say i could go in the roon with him but he said there would be now way he could, this went on for a few days, finally i told him to ring the hospital and expain his concerns, so he did and they were really good with him, they said he could do the SA at home but to keep it warm and get there with it quickly as we did, its not very nice for a man to do something like that on command, we were sitting there watching the clock thinking do we start now or wait 5 more mins then it was a mad rush getting to hos with SA.
Our doctor told us that for the second SA must be done at the hospital but if I was you just get your DH or you phone the labs and i'm sure he should be able to do it at home.
was your DH first SA normal?, my DH was it was just he had to give another because our doctor at the time told us to keep trying for another year and start with the tests all over again

ME 32
DH 38
TTC 4.5yrs
Lap & Dye 07 very mild endo
6 clomid cycle's 100mg all :BFN:

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 1:52pm

sorry poptart totally missunderstood your thread, as you are going for ivf that is very different so he will probally have to do it at the hospital.

ME 32
DH 38
TTC 4.5yrs

• "poptart" started this thread

Reg: Jun 2nd 2007

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 3:43pm

Hi Leanne,

Sorry Leanne my comunication skills are cr*p.

DH's sperm is fine he did his first SA in May of this year but it was sent to our local hospital for tests as part of our infertility investigations. The clinic doing our IVF (which is not our local hos) likes to test a sample in ther own labs. I could ring and find out if we could do it at home but we live 45mins drive away???? so I don't think there's much hope there. He's going to have to do it on Egg Collection day aswell so this one should really be a practise run. That's how I look at it but he sees things differently obviously. I'm worried and so is he that we might not even get to start the IVF if he can't do this SA.

It's good to know he's not the only one though hun xxx

TTC#1 Aug 02-Feb 08
Jan/Feb 08 - IVF#1 - BFP
It's A Boy

Oct 17th 08 - Baby Sam is born

Thursday, October 11th 2007, 3:49pm

poptart it wasnt you its me sometimes i cant read lol

Yeh i know what you mean it will be a pratice run, but it doesnt help your dh much, my husbands always says god if we need ivf how will i do it, sometimes i think bloody hell us women have to go through a lot more.

dont worry about the ivf and thinking he cant do it he will...its just all pressure & its not a nice thing, I wouldnt mind when they take SA off him nobody will give what he has done a second thought

ME 32
DH 38
TTC 4.5yrs

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 24 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE