You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ
  • "lulu27" started this thread

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Monday, August 27th 2007, 3:05pm

Natural excema remedies

Seb has just finished a 2 week course of antibiotics and his skin has shown no improvement, I keep taking him to dr's once a week and they say to continue on steroid creams and emolients which I do everyday!!! His urgent dermatology refferal has come through and it's Oct 10th!!!! mmm not quite what I would call rushed through!!! I feel after countless times of not being listened to by gp's it's time to try something natural off my own back!!!

Can anyone reccomend a product that they found to work on excema when nothing else did??? There are lots of products claiming they do but i'm a bit sceptical about sheeling out money for something that may make no difference any help is much appreciated especially by little Seb!!! xxx

Torisen

Reg: Jan 1st 2006

Monday, August 27th 2007, 3:25pm

I am so sorry that he is not better.

Aqueous cream worked for us but you have allready tried that so I can only wish you luck.
Let us know how you get on!
ICSI Jan 2006 - BFP
MC one twin at 6 weeks
DS born in Oct 2006
BF DS 10 months 3 weeks and 5 days
FET 11/07, ICSI 12/07 (ABANDONED), ICSI 2/08, IUI 5/08 - BFN
Clomid IUI 7/08 BFP MC a twin... again :(

lulu27

Monday, August 27th 2007, 3:27pm

Will do hun xxx

Reg: May 20th 2007

Children: 1 beautiful wee girl

Monday, August 27th 2007, 4:48pm

RE: Natural excema remedies

Quoted

Originally posted by lulu27
Seb has just finished a 2 week course of antibiotics and his skin has shown no improvement, I keep taking him to dr's once a week and they say to continue on steroid creams and emolients which I do everyday!!! His urgent dermatology refferal has come through and it's Oct 10th!!!! mmm not quite what I would call rushed through!!! I feel after countless times of not being listened to by gp's it's time to try something natural off my own back!!!

Can anyone reccomend a product that they found to work on excema when nothing else did??? There are lots of products claiming they do but i'm a bit sceptical about sheeling out money for something that may make no difference any help is much appreciated especially by little Seb!!! xxx

Ive had two clear spells (no eczema ) in 21 years, and that was when i went to spain for 2 weeks when i was 8, and when i hired a sunbed at the start of this year for my mums wedding So i would say sun ,sun, sun
Ive tried most of the "miracle creams" you get and found out that most of them were crap.

Dont take any crap from the doctor's either (you know your wee one better than they do) make them change his cream, (your body builds up a resistance to the same cream overtime therefore its effectively useless) If your realy worried about his skin just now you can phone up the dermatology department (where your appointment is) and see if they have any cancellations its worked for me a few times

What steroid and moisturiser cream is he using? Also whats his eczema like dry and cracked or red and weepy?

Also theres links to alternative therapies here

Mummy to a beautiful little lady

lulu27

Monday, August 27th 2007, 6:50pm

Hi ya thanks for reply his excema is wet and weepy in some spots but mostly sore red patches not dry as i'm always e45ing him!!! We bath him in dermol every other day, wash his skin and hair in aqueous cream, then steroid cream on red patches twice a day and e45 all over about 4 times a day!!! They wont change his creams I keep asking but they wont, they said antibiotics would help!!! I asked about cancellations but they said it's very unlikely but am going to ring every few days!!!! I know it could be worse but the patches he has especially all over his back are so angry and red i'm hoping that it doesn't really bother him!!! Bless him he's been a complete nightmare the past few days and i'm starting to thin that it might be connected making himall irritable!!! xxx

Reg: Oct 7th 2005

Tuesday, August 28th 2007, 9:24am

lulu - like milner - I've had eczema all my life

no "natural" remedy really works, and trust me, in 33+ years I have tried almost all of them!

DS#1 also has eczema, bad enough to be hospitalised at one stage (at 4 months old) - he looked like he was scalded by hot water & strangers would come up in the street and ask what was wrong with his face! 8o

by 1 year though he had grown out of the worse - he gets flare ups still when he gets hot & sweaty, or when he has a cold, or when he has an allergic reaction to foods or nappy wipes.

the only thing you can do is take antibiotics to avoid staph infections from when the skin is wet & weepy. then avoid allergens (eg nylon, dustmites, potentially dairy products). use steroid cream for when the skin looks like it is close to bleeding. use hand mitts (socks!) at night to stop scratching. put the child in full length arms/legs clothing, particularly at night time (sleepy suits). use cotton & water for bum washing. use simple johnsons babybath/shampoo for bathtime. use emollient cream all over everytime you have them on the changing mat.

I know how desparate you are to make him feel better, but it sounds like you are doing the best you can. you just need to be patient as it could take months if not years for this to clear up.

Reg: Jul 3rd 2007

Children: Apr 2009- Suprise Natural BFP!!!

Monday, April 26th 2010, 10:43am

Morning all

Didn't want to start a new thread when there seemed to be a few on Eczema but I've not found the answers I'm looking for... maybe someone can help.

Dylan has been given Oilatum and Liquid Parafin by the GP for his Eczema. I had though it just dry skin (He was 15 days late and I'm sure that dried him up!) but then areas in his joints became red and 'sweaty' and in some areas the skin was 'papery' and broken. I've been bathing him daily in the Oilatum and using the Parafin morning and evening. It's 4 days later and although the red patches have faded and look 'normal' the rest of his body feels really dry and is covered in tiny spots.

I'm wondering why something that should moisturise has done this to him. Should I only apply it to the red areas when inflammed rather than his whole body- including head and face? Really I would prefer a natural/ organic moisturiser to the Parafin.

Any thoughts?

Dilly xxx
[/align]

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, April 26th 2010, 12:49pm

I've no idea but I'd be interested to hear of any alternatives.

Nancy has got a few tiny patches of eczema, my HV advised Epaderm.

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, April 26th 2010, 2:05pm

Hello!!!

Ok, the best advice I've every been given my my old (amazing) GP.

I've got atopic dermatitis (on my face) and I tried all the heavy parafin stuff on the market and E45 and a load of organic stuff and then went for facials and , spent a bloody fortune. Then finally went to my GP and he had a look and prescribed Cetraben. OMG, it is the most amazing stuff in the universe. E45 and a lot of other creams contain lanolin which feed dry skin, eczema, dermatitis, but doesn't get rid of it. Cetraben doesn't. At first I had to use it 4 times a day but now I use in it the morning and evening and my skin is amazing. It does contain parafin but its such a good cream. My Auntie saw my GP with her son who had eczema on his face and joints and he prescribed it for him too.

I know its not natural but it does do the job. No more itching or anything. And like I said, my skin is amazing now using this stuff.

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Monday, April 26th 2010, 5:18pm

Thanks for that Flic, if Nancy's doesn't improve I shall ask our GP about it.

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Monday, April 26th 2010, 6:35pm

Polly, I swear it is the most amazing cream in the world. It soaks in lovely and you can see my skin on my avatar, at one point my chin was red, flaky and sore and now its perfect. I use it even to take my make up off!

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE