You are not logged in.

Unread posts

lizzy

• "lizzy" started this thread

Reg: Jun 28th 2006

Saturday, January 21st 2006, 9:03pm

nhs and private iui

Hi everyone i was just wondering if anyone else had their iui like me? My con said the drugs i have to take will be on the nhs and my treatment will be private. Is this normal or is it just how my hospital does it.
Ta Lisa
lizzy
Trying to concieve 7 years already got a 12 year old daughter who is gorg!!!!!!!!!!!

1st iui 26 june 06 failed!!!!!!
2nd iui 6 dec 06 failed!!!!!!!!!!
3rd iui Jan 07 abandoned ovulated to soon.
Jan 28 08 3rd and last iui.
Insem 7th Feb
BFP XXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!XXXXXXXXXX

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Saturday, January 21st 2006, 9:19pm

Hi Lisa!

I have not heard of that myself though I am sure there are many stories of Dr's helping with the drugs bills for some lucky people. There is alot of wisom and advice given here so I am sure someone will give you more examples. Maybe there is only a certain amount of funding available in your area so you are required to foot some of the bill. Unfortunately every area seems to have its own rules. The well documented "postcode lottery" I am afraid. However in some instances the drugs really are the expensive bit. Hopefully it wont work out too costly for you and you get your longed for baby really soon.

Good Luck
Minnie xxx

TTC 4 yrs
ICSI Feb 2005 BFP - early MC :(
3 x DIUI Oct05/Jan06/Mar06 BFN
Starting 2nd ICSI Dec 2006

OMG!! a real :BFP: 7/2/07

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, January 22nd 2006, 7:23pm

sorry can't really help i had two iui's but both were nhs.

im sure your'll get some answers off the girls.
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

TheZooKeeper

Unregistered

Sunday, January 22nd 2006, 7:53pm

Talking of the postcode lottery, my mum told me today some areas give you 3 free NHS IVF treatments - not fair is it? Why can't all clinics have the same policy.

kar1

• "kar1" is no longer a member of FZ

Sunday, January 22nd 2006, 7:57pm

i agree with you jen it's just not on!!!

we should start a campain(if only i could spell my head is a mess)
TTC 12 years

2 early losses

lots of ops and tx

both tubes removed

5th fresh short protocol
:BFP:

Tyler May born 5/5/2010 by emergency c section. Tyler is our sunshine

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Monday, January 23rd 2006, 9:36am

Hi Lisa,
Welcome to the site. I am on a 3 year wait for 'asisted reproduction' on the NHS. This will probably be IUI initially and then my 3 IVFs that I'm entitled to. I can't find an NHS gynaecologist who can do IUI any sooner. Some GPs will give you the drugs you need while your having treatment so you get them on NHS prescrition. My GPs and the one I work at will do that but on a case by case basis, in other words if they think you can afford the drugs, they won't prescribe them.

Good luck with your IUI.

lizzy

• "lizzy" started this thread

Reg: Jun 28th 2006

Tuesday, January 24th 2006, 6:03pm

unexplained fertility

hi i too have unexplained fertility. Or difficulty trying to conceive. It's a bit annoying when it seems the nothing the matter. It all comes down to waiting and how much money you can spare. Three years waiting list is a bit steep no wonder you're off private. would you mind telling me how much this will be cos i really fed up now.
ta Lisa
lizzy
Trying to concieve 7 years already got a 12 year old daughter who is gorg!!!!!!!!!!!

1st iui 26 june 06 failed!!!!!!
2nd iui 6 dec 06 failed!!!!!!!!!!
3rd iui Jan 07 abandoned ovulated to soon.
Jan 28 08 3rd and last iui.
Insem 7th Feb
BFP XXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!!XXXXXXXXXX

mrsjasper

Megastar

Reg: Nov 2nd 2005

Children: 2 gorgeous girls

Wednesday, January 25th 2006, 8:35am

It depend where you go and what you have done Lizzy.

We are considering a couple of places and the initial consultation is approx £130-150. Then you have some tests done including semen analysis, HIV and hepatitis testing, I think they do an ultrasound scan too and this all costs approx £200. The IUI costs about £500-800 and you can have it with or without ovarian stimulation which is another £200-300. IVF is about £2500-3500. And hopefully after that there are costs for nappies, nipple cream, baby wipes, bottles, etc...

Unexplained is a bit of a bugger isn't it, I wanted something that could be easily sorted out. Also if I knew I absolutely couldn't concieve naturally I wouldn't play 'guess that twinge' every month (you know, the game that goes 'did I just ovulate? was that an embryo implanting?if I'm pregnant now the baby will be born in...') which is sending me round the bend.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE