You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 21 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

bubble

Megastar

• "bubble" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Friday, July 27th 2007, 1:14pm

Limits to Clomid prescriptions?

Hi

I read on another website about the NHS limiting the number of cycles of clomid to three? Does anyone know if this is right? I know that if it hasn't worked after a certain time then it probably wasn't worth continuing but I didn't know that it would be restricted to three. I suppose it could be that NHS trust.

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

Reg: Jul 17th 2007

Friday, July 27th 2007, 1:28pm

RE: Limits to Clomid prescriptions?

Hi there, welcome to FZ...

I've initially been given a 3 month supply and do know , via a friend who conceived using Clomid, that she was given 6 months in total....

I think it does seem to depend on which NHS trust you're part of.

Take care
xxx
me 38 DH 45 - unexplained infertility and ttc for 4 years ,Mar 07 -Missed m/c
4 attempts at Clomid - BFN (Jun , Jul, Aug, and Nov 07)

Apr 08 - ICSI - BFN
Oct 08 - ICSI - BFP

Baby boys born on 29-May-09

cookie

Superstar

• "cookie" is no longer a member of FZ

Friday, July 27th 2007, 1:34pm

hello! and welcome to fz!

i was on clomid too, my cons told me i could have a max of 12 months on clomid...but i have known people be on it for longer. think it depends on health auth you are under and on your cons aswell,

i was give 6 months worth to start off with.

if they are limiting it to 3 months in total then i will be very shocked.....i have seen girls not ov with clomid for a few months and then go on to get pg....hope they wont be denied that chance.

k xxx

I'm running down the road like loose electricity, while the band in my head plays a strip tease!

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Friday, July 27th 2007, 1:46pm

Most consultants will give a maximum of 6 months treatment on Clomid, although there are some (thankfully not many) who will give 12 months - but any more than this is not advisable as there is an increased risk of ovarian cancer

If a GP is prescribing, rather than a consultant, I would be very wary as often they don't provide the required after-care

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

bubble

Megastar

• "bubble" started this thread
  • United Kingdom

Friday, July 27th 2007, 1:47pm

:hi:

Thanks for answers and the welcome. I've just been given 2 months to start off with and told that it will be reviewed after that so I'm just thinking it all through and what might happen next. Felt a bit bamboozled by it all at our first appointment with the consultant but will be ready and prepared with my questions and notebook next time!!

:books:

x

ttc since July 06. 8 cycles of clomid. BFP on cycle 5 (Dec 07) ended in m/c at 9.5 weeks. Second BFP on cycle 8 (May 08)

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 21 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE