You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

• "pixiewish" started this thread

Reg: Apr 4th 2007

Friday, May 4th 2007, 8:22am

SA result update

Well we picked up a copy of DHs SA result yesterday....why on earth the doctor couldn't tell us this over the phone or make an appt I don't know, and why he thought we wouldn't understand it ???

anyway

volume 4.5ml
pH 8.5
viscosity OUTSIDE NORMAL LIMITS (I guess this means it hard for the sperm to swim through)
Count OCCASIONAL SPERMATOZOA SEEN SOME OF WHICH ARE MOTILE< TOO FEW FOR ACCURATE ASSESSMENT.
Rapid progression 12%
sluggish progression 2%
non-progresive 12%
non-motile 74%

So basically the way I interpret this is, that its not a good sample, he has very few sperm but those that are there are mainly non-motile, of those that do move a few are rapidly progressive i.e. good swimmers. so basically ICSI I guess which is fine.

The GP also said when I asked him if he knew what our possible treatment options would be and I quote "he has heard, but is not sure how true this is, that there is a procedure where they can take the egg and sperm and mix them outside the body and then put the fertilised egg back in"......OMG he's a doctor shouldn't he be aware that IVF has been going on for years with fairly good success rates. HELP!!!!

He also said he doesn't know who in the area deals with fertility treatment or what the NHS policy is for NHS treatment. so looks like i'll be telling him who to refer us to. (Lulu I'll be relying on you honey)

anyway gonna wait for urologist appointment now and take it from there.
Me 28 DH 28.
DH=v.low sperm count, Me=endo. laparoscopy 10/1/08.
ES/ICSI starts soon :pray:

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Friday, May 4th 2007, 10:26am

Hi honey, That SA looks better than my dh's was, it does however look like as it stands you ma need ivf probably with icsi. But obviously i'm only going on what i've experienced so keep positive. The good news is you have sperm so you'd be able to use it. If I can remember the sperm doesn't even have to be motile as long as its normal as with icsi they inject it into the egss so it doesn't have to swim. Change your GP he sounds like a right muppet!!!! where are you registered???

Mr T Omara Boto was my consultant at Ipswich I told my GP to refer me to him, xxx

lulu27

• "lulu27" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Mar 11th 2006

Friday, May 4th 2007, 10:27am

ps, the SA done via the gp are very crude, you'll get a more thorough one at a fertility unit xx

Reg: Jul 4th 2006

Friday, May 4th 2007, 11:28am

OMG I cannot believe the Dr spoke to you like a right numpty! Does he not think people have heard of IVF even if they have no fertility issues!

Id ditch him and find another GP hun - one who does know a little more than coughs and colds! mmmmmm

Good luck!

Susie x

Me 39+3 ok
DH 39 Azoospermia
3xDIUI all BFN
Plan B AI known donor, 4 x BFN :tears:
:BFP: 22 March 2008! happydance :sticky:please

• "victoria82" is no longer a member of FZ

Reg: Oct 5th 2005

Tuesday, May 8th 2007, 9:38pm

RE: SA result update

pixiewish sorry to heard your gp wasnt that much of an help, some gp doesn't know much about fertility treatment as my old doctor didnt even know what icsi was or what it stand for. it might be best maybe seeing another Doctor/gp to explain to you more about your result as this things can be very complicated

again your result seem to be much better than my dh and we did icsi, so it a goodnews that there is some sperm.

do keep us updated with your treatment

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 10 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE