Unread posts

dwarf

Star

• "dwarf" started this thread

Reg: Oct 4th 2005

Children: ds 2yrs

Thursday, March 1st 2007, 1:44pm

Help! What is going to happen to me?

Hello everyone, I feel a bit out of my depth here as normally I stay on the clomid board.

Was very lucky to have ds 1st round 50mg cloimd just over two years ago, but have not menstruated naturally since then. Tmi?!! Clomid 150mg this time and producing folls but womb linin 'skinny' and no bleed. Saw cons and this was the end of the road on nhs. Have gone private and borrowing money from in laws - that's another story!

But what is iui going to do to me? Thought I had asked cons about everything but now it's happening completely in shock and don't know what to expect.

Had norestithone to induce bleed and am on day 3. Am taking Letrizole days 2 - 6 which I think does similar job to clomid? Have got a vial of puregon ready but cons said i may need five. Can't for the life of me remember what this does and why might need more! Any ideas?

Then I think I have another injection to release egg - I remembered this!

Having 1st scan tomorrow, but how many do you have? Forgot to ask this. Know it's to check for how you respond.

What happens if dates clash with a weekend? My day 10 will be a Thurs so day14 Monday. Anybody know?

Getting stressed as going to be so difficult as dh and I both work in the same place - going to lie as they are all so gossipy and nosy!

Would be really grateful if anyone could enlighten me before the scan tomorrow. Will it hurt? Are the injections easy? Aaargghh!
Me pcos. Ds born nov 2005 - 1 round clomid.
TTC no2 since April 06.
6 rounds clomid (skinny womb lining + vaired response),
3XIUI, 1X IVF.
BFP 29/12. All fingers and toes crossed.

Rene

Lone wolf

South Africa

Reg: Oct 3rd 2005

Children: one gorgeous boy

What's Up?
I have PMA
I'm Positive that
I am Mental
and I know I have Attitude

Thursday, March 1st 2007, 6:50pm

Sarah:
The scan is not a big deal. They usually do an internal scan and it really is nothing to worry about. The number of scans depends on how you are responding and the routine of your clinic. I had anything from 3 to, I think, 10 scans per cycle.
The Puregon is to help stimulate the production of follicles. Not sure if if also helps the lining or not.
When there is a big enough follicle (bigger than 16mm) you will be told to take the trigger shot (HCG) and have the IUI 30-40 hours later, once again depending on your clinic's routine. I always had mine 36 hours later.
The IUI itself is no worse than having a smear done - they insert a speculum, then insert a fine tube through the cervix into the uterus and transfer the sperm. Some women have a bit of cramping after but I never did. Then it is on to the 2WW...
If you have any specific questions about IUI, please feel free to send me a PM and I'll answer to the best of my ability...
Hugz

PCOS, hypothyroid - on thyroxine, aspirin and Met
Lap/Ovarian Drilling Oct 2005
DIUI X5 + 2 abandoned cycles (total 7 cycles)
:BFP: 22 March 2006 - Connor Born 24 November 2006 - unplanned c-section
At 3 and a half C finally gave up the boob!

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE