You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "ashastar" started this thread

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Saturday, July 13th 2019, 12:30am

IVF at 39

Hi lovely ladies.

It’s been a long time since I posted here. I’m not even sure if anyone still uses this site but here goes anyway!

I had ivf almost 5 years ago which failed but a subsequent frozen cycle resulted in my beautiful son who has just turned 4. 2 years later I used my only frozen embryo which failed.

Since then DH and I have been hoping for a natural miracle but now feel that time is running out and it clearly isn’t going to happen. We are going to now start the process for a fresh cycle of ivf. My main concern is my age. I am 39. Has anyone had success at this age? Are the odds so low we are just wasting time and money?

I would really love to hear some success stories! xx

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Saturday, July 13th 2019, 4:13am

Hey lovely, so nice to see your post, it’s very quiet these days.

I had a fresh last year and am PUPO on my second frozen, I am 40, very much hope to let you know of a success story in just over a week’s time :pray:

I have heard lots of success stories on ivf in early 40’s.

Wishing you so much luck xx

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Saturday, July 13th 2019, 8:42am

Morning,

I remember you ashastar through your journey! Our daughter is now 3 we have had two failed frozen transfers and I always said I would be finished after that but we aren’t. I am still always hoping every month for a miracle but nothing. We have decided to wait until September time and then get the ball rolling again!
You here so many success stories of women your age and older!

Good luck Dusky!

X

Saturday, July 13th 2019, 10:29am

Hi ladies, it’s lovely to hear from you both!

Dusky, I wish you all the luck in the world and I very much hope you are telling me a success story in the near future. How are you feeling?

Hello, I remember you too! We could well be cycling together as it will probably be September before we get started too as we are going on holiday in August and my little boy is starting p1. I was exactly the same as you, always said I would be done when the frozen embryos were used but I just can’t give up yet. My biggest worry, aside from my age, is how I’ll manage a full cycle while working and taking care of my son. I guess lots of people do it though!

Thank you both for your replies xx

Reg: Aug 7th 2014

Children: None

Saturday, July 13th 2019, 9:28pm

Great news ashaster,

I found it very difficult after transfer from frozen cycles. I hid upstairs for 36 hours and never saw my daughter. I feel it was the worse thing I done hearing her but not seeing her! I am hoping that with the fresh cycle I can plan leave from work and maybe stay the first night away from home with my husband and then go home! I would just love to have a sibling for my daughter. I am getting very down at present hearing people falling pregnant just what I was like before falling with my daughter! I feel so guilty and bad because I know I am very lucky to have her!

X

Saturday, July 13th 2019, 10:20pm

Oh hello, I know exactly how you feel! The older my son gets the more aware I am of how much he would benefit from having a sibling. I remind myself every night how lucky I am but it doesn’t make it any easier. I hate the thought of him growing up alone and I just feel like time is marching on so quickly! During my last FET my son became really difficult and stopped sleeping through the night. I was literally spending every night sitting in his bedroom all night and got no sleep. It caused so much stress and I’m sure it contributed to the negative outcome. I’m scared of the same thing happening again even though I know that’s irrational. That’s a good idea to spend a night away with your husband. It’s very hard to relax with a wee one around isn’t it? Hopefully we can keep each other sane through this crazy process! x

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Sunday, July 14th 2019, 9:37pm

Thanks guys, am feeling pretty normal really :( it’s only day 6 but desperately want to cling on to a few symptoms, the tiny ones I have I’m sure are due to the meds...

Wishing you both so much luck, enjoy the summer and Sept will be here before you know it xx

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Monday, July 15th 2019, 4:51pm

Hi ladies, I turned 40 in May and gave birth to twins 9 days later. They were the result of FET with frozen embryos from my second sons fresh cycle. I can honestly say I did nothing different with this cycle, I didn’t expect it to work for one baby let alone two.

Good luck to all of you xx

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Dusky7 (16.07.2019)

Tuesday, July 16th 2019, 9:47am

That’s fantastic curlytails! Massive congratulations and thank you for giving me hope! xx

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Curlytails (19.07.2019)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE