You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "HMamaDream" started this thread

Reg: Oct 5th 2018

Saturday, March 16th 2019, 2:36am

Holiday in tww after transfer? Opinions please!

Im an ivf first timer with rfc and really need some advice. I booked a trip to barcelona for 3 nights in april for my hubby for xmas not knowing it would clash with treatment. Felt fine about missing the trip but had my ptc on wednesday and to our surprise they started me on stims that day! If our schedule works out to plan this trip would be 9 days after a 5dt or 11 days after a 3dt so well into the 2nd week of the tww. So tonight i started considering actually going again? What are your opinions?
We travel a lot and i am at my happiest when we are away so just thought being in the best mindset can only be a good thing.

Cherry3

Reg: Aug 11th 2018

Saturday, March 16th 2019, 8:13am

Hi MamaDream! you should go! There is nothing wrong with travelling around your 2ww.

If you're worried about flights, remember that plenty of people get treatment abroad, fly back day after transfer and get positives. Other people go awy on their honeymoon and come back pregnant. Flying won't affect your outcome and is perfectly safe. Also think that by 9/11 days after transfer, either it has worked or it hasn't- you're just waiting for hormone levels to go up to find out the outcome.

For the 2ww you just have to follow the usual guideline of acting as if you were pregnant (no alcohol, safe foods, no hot baths); you'll do that regardless of if you're here on in BCN.

Have a lovely time away, BCN is great! Wish you the very best of luck, lots of babydust!

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Saturday, March 16th 2019, 5:00pm

I would go. It will be a lovely welcome distraction. Having been on the 2ww 9 times I can honestly say that whatever you choose to do in the wait has little difference on the outcome.

Good luck x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

• "HMamaDream" started this thread

Reg: Oct 5th 2018

Sunday, March 17th 2019, 1:03pm

Thank you so much for your input, think we will go :)
Had 1st scan today (day 4 of stims) have 4 follicles, do you know if this number usually increases? i asked if this number was ok and the nurse just said 'some people get none, dont panic' which didnt really help

Jo31

Ace

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Sunday, March 17th 2019, 2:03pm

The numbers can change, but it’s good you have 4 so far, they will have time to grow to the better sizes. Remember it’s quality over quantity, I’d be happy to hear 4, when I went through I only had 1. Usually the higher the number the worse quality they can be. Try to relax knowing 4 is good so early on stims.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE