You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Saturday, September 29th 2018, 2:34pm

Thanks everyone! So have I got this right, you either start tablets on day 21 or the first day of your period, then followed by injections?

It depends which protocol you are on. Long protocol you start Day 21. Short protocol you start Day 1. I’m pretty sure either way they control when your AF arrives so they can be in control of your cycle. They only do EC on certain days so that’s why they need to be in control. As the others said EC is dependant on how you respond to stimulation, whether your ready early or later..

At your appointment they will discuss what protocol you will need and pencil you in for EC depending where you are on your current cycle. You will also take away medication and see nurse to show you how to give it etc

:hello: to everyone xx

Reg: May 8th 2018

Saturday, September 29th 2018, 2:42pm

Gotcha! Thanks so much everyone. x

SK88

Reg: Jul 13th 2018

Monday, October 1st 2018, 6:17pm

Hi

Hope everyone is doing well?

We were at the clinic today for a scan to check lining. It was triple layered and over 8mm thick so they were happy to book us in for our frozen transfer so we are going in a week on Wednesday.

Can anyone that has had a frozen transfer tell me how much notice you get before you have to go in? They said we will get a call first thing in the morning and then another call to tell us a time to go in but should have asked more about a rough time frame.

bumblebee38

Megastar

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 7th 2008

Sunday, October 7th 2018, 8:43pm

As far as I remember we had a time to be there but they only thaw them that morning. Are you far away from clinic?

SK88

Sunday, October 7th 2018, 9:36pm

We are only about 15-20 mins away and I have taken the day off work but my husband was going to go in to work till it was time to go but wasn't sure what kind of notice we will get. I am hoping they will tell us a rough time when they call in the morning.

Kums17

Reg: Jul 27th 2017

Monday, October 8th 2018, 10:29am

@SK88, they would call you in the morning to ask if you are okay and ready to go ahead, they will then tell you that the embryo will be thawed that day, it's usually done around 9 -11am, you then get another call that tells you to come in at a particular time usually around 30mins - 1 hour after the second call. At times, the embryologist can give you a time range of when they expect you to be in the clinic when you have the first morning call. The first time I had my transfer, I went to work and I left work to go for transfer, the second time I was at home and the third time I went to make my hair and aimed to finish by 12 noon. So you can be flexible with times but usually transfer is done around 11am - 12.30noon.
I am blessed beyond measures.

SK88

Monday, October 8th 2018, 1:02pm

Thank you Kums17. Good to know just a rough time as wasn't sure if we would be waiting till later in the afternoon as would have made sure I had something to do to keep me busy but 11-12.30ish isn't too bad. I hope you are keeping well

Saturday, October 20th 2018, 11:34am

Hi,

Just wondered how everyone is and how your transfer went, Sk88?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Scottishgirl" (Oct 20th 2018, 11:35am)

SK88

Saturday, October 20th 2018, 8:19pm

Hi Scottishgirl,

Transfer went well thank you. Our little embryo coped well with the defrost so we were very pleased we didn't have to use more than one. 10 days into our 2 week wait and it is dragging! Can't wait for test day!

What stage have you reached?

Saturday, October 20th 2018, 10:21pm

Great news! So hoping that it’s successful for you. Two week wait must be torture but you are nearly there! Are you managing it ok? Must be so hard to resist the temptation to test but better to wait I know.

We’ve had our info evening and first app and it turns out I won’t be starting tablets till December/January (hopefully just before Xmas if periods behave). I was a bit deflated at the time as I was so hoping to start this month or November but I’ve managed to tap into my “patience reserves” and have come to terms with it now! I find the waiting so hard as I just feel like we’ve been waiting forever. I know many will have waited a lot longer than us though so am trying to keep perspective on it all.

So hoping for good news for you soon, SK88. Hope everyone else is doing fine.

SK88

Saturday, October 20th 2018, 10:49pm

Doing not too bad, worked part time last week so that was a good distraction but it's so hard to not be paranoid and question every little feeling. I've been feeling a lot different than I did last time but not sure if that's because I was still recovering from the egg recovery or if it's because it's going well. Im going to try my best to wait till Thursday as don't want to get a false reading.

That's good you are a one step closer but I understand it must be disappointing that you are having to wait till December. Everyone seems to be on the countdown to christmas already so hopefully with the distraction of that the next few weeks will fly by for you. It's really hard to keep perspective but I've actually found this forum helped with that as you don't feel so isolated and realise there are other people going through similar to you.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Reg: Jan 28th 2016

Children: 0

Wednesday, October 24th 2018, 7:26pm

Hey, how is everyone doing?

Been so long since I have signed on in here, had received a casual call from clinic today and made me think to sign in and see how everyone is doing xx
Seven transfers later..

Baby bambi due December 7th baby2

Saturday, October 27th 2018, 11:43am

Hi Bambi, not long for you now! Must be getting excited.

SK88, I’ve been thinking about you. Hope you had some good news on thursday.

SK88

Saturday, October 27th 2018, 1:04pm

Hi,

Scottishgirl, we did indeed get good news on thursday, we got our BFP : D we are absolutely over the moon but can't help but being on edge still after last time but the line on the test was far stronger this time so trying to stay positive. It's going to be another long 2 weeks till our scan.

This might be a silly question but what is everyone who is on meds doing about the clock change? They told me before to take them at the same time every day so that hormone levels don't drop and rise too much so I don't know what to do.

Bambi you can't have too long to go now, you must be so excited.

How is everyone else doing?

Saturday, October 27th 2018, 2:37pm

:) Whoop whoop! Amazing!!! Congratulations!! xx

SK88

Saturday, October 27th 2018, 9:55pm

Thank you Scottishgirl :)

SK88

Tuesday, October 30th 2018, 11:06am

HI everyone,

So it's 3 weeks tomorrow since FET and I got a BFP onThursday. I did another test this morning as I'm paranoid and had been getting cramps, it was still positive. I have now started bleeding. I've called the clinic and they have said to just hang tight it could be implantation but it could also be signs of things not going well.

Has anyone else had something similar?

I'm trying to stay positive but have got myself in a bit of a state.

Thanks in advance for any replies

Tuesday, October 30th 2018, 5:40pm

Hi SK88, so sorry to hear this. Hope you are doing ok or as well as you can be anyway. I know it’s so hard but try not to panic. When I was previously pregnant I had cramping which they told me would have been my uterus stretching and also had bleeding. When I was scanned the bleeding was coming from my cervix as it can make cells super sensitive with pregnancy and there were no signs of bleeding coming from around the actual baby. I know I did lose that baby eventually but it was a “missed miscarriage” and not connected to either the cramping or the bleeding. There is every chance all will still be well with you.

The things I was told to watch out for were the colour of the bleeding (pinkish/brownish blood is less worrying) and also the quantity. As I’m sure you’ll know, there’s normally a fair bit of blood for a complete miscarriage.

Please try your best not to assume the worst and keep positive vibes for this bubba. I had to wait a week in between all of my three scans before things were confirmed for me so I know exactly how torturous this is but you will get through it. The initial shock is the worst.

Keep posting on here if you need to talk and make sure you lean on your loved ones for support too. Thinking of you. x

Tuesday, October 30th 2018, 5:40pm

I meant to ask SK88, how long till your scan now?

SK88

Tuesday, October 30th 2018, 6:50pm

Hi Scottishgirl,

Feeling a bit numb with it all now, just don't know what to think/feel. I'm devastated but trying to stay positive at the same time.

Thank you for letting me know about your experience, that is really reassuring to know and very much appreciated.

This bleed is completely different to when I misscarried, it's not too heavy, quite pink and no clots (sorry TMI) so I am trying my best to focus on the positives. I'm glad I did a test this morning as well as that has given me a bit of hope. The clinic told me to test again in a week but I think I'll do one in a few days.

My scan isn't till a week on Friday, I've asked if they could do it earlier as that will be 4 weeks and 2 days since transfer. They didn't seem keen and said they could maybe move it by a couple of days but no more than that as they can't see much so might actually end up causing more stress which I understand but seems so far away just now.

Thank you again for messaging back, my loved ones are trying their best to be there for me and reassure me but no one fully understand so its nice to speak to someone who has been through similar.x

Tuesday, October 30th 2018, 7:22pm

That’s a REALLY good sign about the colour and quantity of the blood. The best thing you can do is think positively and try to keep yourself as busy as you can without overdoing it.

I know this will be tough but I’m not sure it’s helpful to test more often than every 6-7 days. I know everyone will be different but I didn’t get a negative test till I think about 12 days after my ERPC. It takes quite a bit of time for your HCG levels to come down so testing isn’t really 100% confirmation that all is well. I did exactly the same when I was waiting for my next scan looking for reassurance but in the end, it didn’t really make me feel better and I just obsessed more. I was nearly 11 weeks when they confirmed baby had died so my levels would have been higher but I think it still takes time to drop regardless. This is just my experience and obviously you do whatever you need to get through it but I thought I should share in case you didn’t realise.

They are right that there’s little to see until 7 weeks and you run the risk if you scan earlier of seeing no heart beat and thinking all is not well. That could be more damaging to you than the wait, awful as it is. And your emotional well-being is so important. So you draw on your reserves of amazing-woman-strength (you’ve endured IVF so it’s definitely there inside you girl! :)) , keep the positive thoughts and it will pass quicker than you think.

I really hope this has helped rather than worried you more. As I said, do whatever you need to get through it but I would delay testing again if you can manage.

Sending positive vibes and SO hoping for good news for you.

Tuesday, October 30th 2018, 7:42pm

SK88, I’ve sent you a PM. Hope you got it?

SK88

Tuesday, October 30th 2018, 7:53pm

I got your message and have replied so will speak to you there

Jo400

Reg: Oct 30th 2018

Tuesday, October 30th 2018, 7:59pm

Hi all.
I am new to this. Had my first appointment in September. Today I had my hyscoy procedure which showed tubes are good but couldn’t get a good image of the folicules - so I have to call back when my period starts to get another scan. They think it’s that I’m not ovulating as Progesterone Levels are 24 at peak. Anyone similar? Just nice to speak to people going though the same :!
Hope this is ok to post.

Tuesday, October 30th 2018, 8:17pm

Hey Jo400,

Welcome to the forum! Of course it’s ok to post. This is a good place for support so post away!

Hope your Hycosy went well? My progesterone levels were quite low too - from 23-31 at its highest - but they seemed to think they hadn’t tested on exactly the right day and right enough, when scanned, I was ovulating. You may well be the same and if not, they may start you on Clomid which could work well for you if they are right about not ovulating. Hope you get some definitive answers soon!

Jo400

Tuesday, October 30th 2018, 8:54pm

Hi scottishgirl

I honestly thought I had been ovulating however last month I had bloods everyday was very tiring however they never got high enough they said. So fingers crossed I get this repeat scan in the next two weeks and take it from there.

I found the scan a little painful tbh but all worth it :)

Jo400

Monday, November 12th 2018, 1:16pm

Hey I have to get a Antral follicule count done between day 1-5.. I guess this means they will scan you while your on your AF is this correct... sorry stupid question. Doubting myself that’s correct.

Many thanks

Tuesday, November 13th 2018, 7:05pm

Hi Jo400,

Yes, that sounds like it will be. I know that I have to have a scan a few days after stopping norethisterone and I think most have their period then when receiving that scan. I know it seems a little horrible but they will be used to it and so it won’t be a big deal for them.

Hope this helps. All ok with you otherwise?

22 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

22 guests