You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Thursday, June 14th 2018, 10:57am

My clinic is an hour away and the next nearest is over 2... I am gutted it is so long, especially as we have to pay, but, as much as I felt the nurses were very business-like on my last cycle, and one in particular is horrible, I do have great faith in my consultant. It just seems forever away! Xx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: Mar 3rd 2017

Thursday, June 14th 2018, 11:52am

Hi girls. Just quick question. Does my partner has to be with me when I go for FET appointment to get meds?

• "Anniebell" started this thread

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Thursday, June 14th 2018, 12:12pm

No, on my letter it says partner not required.

Reg: Jan 23rd 2018

Children: TTC # 1

Thursday, June 14th 2018, 4:54pm

Hi Ladies,

My planning appointment went OK yesterday. They were ready to start on my next period, but i'm on holiday the week that they would be needing to scan and transfer - the one holiday I book! How typical. So i'll start on my July period.

It all sounds pretty straightforward. I have to tell them the day I start my period, then have a scan on day 10 to check lining. I have to do ovulation tests everyday from day 10 until I get a postive surge, then the transfer 7 days later. Possibly a scan before the transfer if lining not thick enough. No medication at all.

My lining was only 6.4 yesterday which they said was thin for the time of my cycle (one week until period due). They like it to be at least 7 so i'm a bit concerned about that. I'm going to start accupunture at the end of this month, so hopefully that may help with my lining.

Dusky - where in SW are you? I go to Cheltenham for my appointments and Oxford for the transfer. They don't seem to have a waiting list. xx

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Thursday, June 14th 2018, 10:15pm

That all sounds very exciting Pup!! Typical re holiday but maybe a great time to really relax and then off you go :)

Ah, I love Cheltenham, I grew up in Cirencester :) I am now in Plymouth. I wish you so much luck hon, FET is so much easier on the mind and body xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN :-(
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN :bawl:
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Reg: Mar 6th 2018

Friday, June 15th 2018, 8:34am

Pup i agree with dusky we need the holidays.enjoy you will feel a whole lot better after it.

Reg: Jan 23rd 2018

Children: TTC # 1

Wednesday, July 25th 2018, 9:24am

Hello,

How is everyone getting on? I'm back from holiday and day 1 of period was on Sunday just gone, so I have to go in for a lining scan on day 11, and start ovulation testing on day 10 twice a day. Bit confused as they've told me to use clearblue smiley face tests once first thing and then before i go to bed. When i've used ovulation sticks in the past and online it says best to use between 10am - 8pm, so not sure what to do. Surely a fertility clinic know what they're doing. Feels really strange taking no drugs or anything compared to what we all have to go through for the fresh cycles.

I'd be interested in hearing how everyone else's FET have gone

xx

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Wednesday, July 25th 2018, 8:41pm

I've never used digital ovulation tests but I've read that you are supposed to do them first thing with fmu as opposed to the non digital ones that are best used later on in the day. Good luck x