Sunday, July 15th 2018, 8:24pm

Babydream my lining is like this due to the cysts
Icsi #1- 9/5/11, Chemical
Icsi #2- Bfp 10/11/11, Miscarry 7 weeks
Ivf #3- 28/6/12 Ohss
Fet #1- 31/5/13 twins 12/3/14

Reg: Mar 6th 2018

Sunday, July 15th 2018, 9:08pm

O i dont realy know much about cysts so im geussing then that the meds make them grow more do they?

Bbird

Reg: Nov 28th 2017

Sunday, July 15th 2018, 9:16pm

hey guys - I saw somewhere online that said 3 days of bed rest after egg transfer - surely this can't be right! I am off work for the next two weeks so can take it easy, but do I really need to be in bed?

My bloating has come down since egg collection last Wednesday - still some discomfort - will there be pain after egg transfer tomorrow?

Husband was going to take me to hotel for a treat for an overnight stay on Tuesday night - is this a bad idea?

Thanks for help xx

Gracie16

Reg: Mar 13th 2018

Sunday, July 15th 2018, 10:31pm

You don’t need to be on bed rest. I was active and went on walks etc. I was uncomfortable but nothing that merited bed rest. Embryo transfer is quick and painless, there is also no need to be on bed rest following this either. We had a dander round botanic after both of mine followed by a leisurely lunch. Your husband is absolutely right to book a wee night away, go and Enjoy, if possible try to not think about your treatment. You’ve done everything you can do. Good luck for your transfer tomorrow :)

Sunday, July 15th 2018, 10:35pm

Im not sure about the bed rest as walking around and movment helps with blood flow but i do know you need to take it easy for a few days after ec like no heavy lifting orin sharp bending or turning bevause after been swolling and then ec leves empty space you need to be carefull not to twist your overis till it gos back to normal. Egg transfer is just like getting a smear done a lot more simple.good luck with your transfer tomorrow.hope to see a bfp from you soon xx.

Reg: May 18th 2018

Monday, July 16th 2018, 6:42am

All the best today bbird! Thinking about u! My only thoughts (as I have no experience) - you’ll know your body and gentle walking etc should be good for u (physically & mentally) I plan to continue walking - though a lot slower than I currently do lol! Ps my hubby will be glad for that :) xx

Odi

• "Odi" started this thread

Reg: Apr 11th 2018

Monday, July 16th 2018, 7:41am

Oh good luck today. Are you putting 1 or 2 back?
Ivf #3- 28/6/12 Ohss

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Children: 1 child natuarlly

Monday, July 16th 2018, 8:39am

Bbird after my transfer I went to asda to do my shopping from that day I just continued with normal life, obvs didn't over do myself or lift heavy, they told me in the clinic the day of transfer that there isn't one thing I could do to give myself a better chance that it was up to the embryo weather it was going to stick or not so resting or not resting wont make any difference, so I thought to myself I put my life on hold for long enough due to ivf am getting back to normal, I am now 24 weeks pregnant And still can't believe it lol good luck x

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Monday, July 16th 2018, 10:17am

Daisydo I can't believe you are 24 weeks!!! I'm now in the middle of FET and with every day that goes by I'm getting more and more anxious that wee frostie won't thaw correctly. Time is absolutely flying. I wonder how Lauren is doing with the twins.

Monday, July 16th 2018, 10:41am

I know Annie it has flew by I am actually spending today hanging about waiting for my nursery furniture to be delivered it still always feels to good to he true, am sure they wouldn't of froze the embryo if they didn't think it would thaw misuss do have faith in that, I know things can happen but I really think trying to keep a positive mind is the only way to get through ivf, even tho I did have many of wabbles myself, really hope this is your time missus x

Gracie16

Reg: Mar 13th 2018

Monday, July 16th 2018, 11:38am

Try to not worry Annie, easier said than done!! I was worried sick mine wouldn’t survive and I’m due to deliver next week!! They only freeze what stands a good chance of thawing, that’s what we were told by the dr, embryologist and nursing staff. Think positive!!

Monday, July 16th 2018, 1:21pm

Thanks girls. Truth be told I mostly don't think about it. We are very very relaxed with the treatment this time. I take each day as it comes and we are enjoying life and getting out and about. Every now and then I will think about the thaw process and nearly double in pain as it hits me that we have that to face shortly. I am sure like you say they will only freeze what stands a chance. Nurse kinda scared us as she was very blase at PTC saying unfortunately you only have 1 and that's a 50/50. Honestly we knew that was the case but we could have done without her saying it. We haven't our head in the clouds this time thinking we have it in the bag but a bit of positivity from the nurses would go a long way. I also asked at PTC could we have a screen at transfer should we make it that far and she just point blank said no, she said there is no clinical evidence to suggest it works any better which could be true and I argued that I actually just wanted the experience of seeing it on the screen as this is possibly the last chance we will ever have but no she wasn't having it. I was annoyed at the time but what's the point in sweating the small stuff. When I think of the absolute worry I put myself through for the fresh cycle and what I would have done differently being relaxed is number one on the list.

I bet you guys are so excited, 1 decorating a nursery and 1 of you ready to pop!!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Anniebell" (Jul 16th 2018, 1:22pm)

Monday, July 16th 2018, 5:10pm

Annie there was no screen at my transfer I remember being angry about that but honestly I don't think it makes a difference they should know exactly where they are putting it and if they need a screen to see then in my head that's means they don't lol do u know when your date is for your embryo tranfer x

Reg: Apr 15th 2014

Monday, July 16th 2018, 6:09pm

Annie bell,

I have had three transfers

transfer 1- no screen- positive result (my two yr old)
Transfer 2 - no screen Positive result (miscarriage)
Transfer 3- screen- negative result

So totally agree with daisydo!

Odi

Monday, July 16th 2018, 8:17pm

Bbird hope you got on ok today and you’re pupo!

Daisy do you have a scan tomorrow?

They didn’t decrease my meds and I’m back for a scan Wednesday!
Ivf #3- 28/6/12 Ohss

Monday, July 16th 2018, 8:19pm

No odi am 24 weeks pregnant I done my treatment back in Feb x

Odi

Monday, July 16th 2018, 9:38pm

Is anyone having scans this week? Where is everyone up to with their cycle?
Ivf #3- 28/6/12 Ohss

Monday, July 16th 2018, 9:53pm

I have a scan on friday

CQCQ

Ace

Reg: Jul 7th 2017

Monday, July 16th 2018, 10:23pm

I will be having ET on Thursday!!!! Can’t wait!! Daisy that is crazy that you are 24weeks!! Did you find out the sex or not? X

Monday, July 16th 2018, 10:38pm

Good luck CQCQ for thursday.

Monday, July 16th 2018, 11:25pm

Ah I know it probably makes no difference girls. I just wanted to experience the wee flash that people talked about. Anyhow what will be will be. How have you been keeping little orchid?

Odi

Tuesday, July 17th 2018, 11:19am

Keep smiling are you off you tables now?

Cqcq how many eggs are you hoping to put back?
Ivf #3- 28/6/12 Ohss

Tuesday, July 17th 2018, 12:43pm

All good Anniebell- I was hoping I would be cycling again by now. But my thyroid hormones were slightly out, so getting it into optimum range held me back. I am due to start downreg at the beginning of Aug. So the usual mix of emotions that comes with treatment.
Good luck for your treatment Annie

Bbird

Tuesday, July 17th 2018, 1:21pm

Seems like everyone is in the thick of it now.

We had ET yesterday - put back one good egg - I knew the good news couldn't keep coming though as we were told we have nothing to freeze. I was very calm and chilled, but now feel a lot of pressure on this little embryo. Trying to relax and remember that everything happens for a reason, I just don't know it yet!

Hope everyone else is doing well
X

Tuesday, July 17th 2018, 1:47pm

Hi Odi, no unfortunately I don’t finish until Thursday. So just 2 more days left. Seems to be dragging a little and not sure if it’s the tabs or the weather but my energy levels have dropped since starting.

Bbird - big hugs. Praying that all works out for you! It’s out of your hands now so try to relax. Remember you have done everything u can do! Xx

Tuesday, July 17th 2018, 2:30pm

Congratulations B-Bird- hope you have lovely things organised to keep your mind occupied over the next 2 weeks. Have faith in your embryo.

Tuesday, July 17th 2018, 3:10pm

Bbird it just takes one.fingers crossed for you.stay possative and belive in your wee one.

CQCQ

Ace

Reg: Jul 7th 2017

Tuesday, July 17th 2018, 4:50pm

Odi they are only putting 1 back as the are at blastocyst stage and I’m only 28, I did ask about 2 but they said no way!! I’m just treating that as a good thing and focusing on the fact it means my embryo is perfect!!

Thanks babydream!!

Good luck bbird!! :sticky:
babydust

Spring18

Reg: May 5th 2018

Tuesday, July 17th 2018, 7:27pm

Odi - I had a scan today the doctor said my lining was nice and thick and my ovaries looked good and was on the right track I’m back again on Sunday for my next scan... he didn’t tell me how many follicles I have but said one side has more than the other and when he was showing me the difference with them I tried to count and I think I seen 5 on the right and 3 on the left but I could be wrong because he done it quite fast so I guess I’ll know more on Sunday.

I have my fingers crossed for you all :)
I always wonder when I’m sitting in the waiting room at appointments if some of us are waiting there together and we don’t know it :) xx

Odi

Tuesday, July 17th 2018, 7:36pm

Bbird as everyone says it only takes one. I’ve never had any left over to freeze that’s why I’m doing a fresh cycle to try for a sibling. When’s your test date and will you be able to hold out?

Keep smiling how long will you be off them before starting injections?

Spring I’m the same. I was sure there was someone in for a scan tomorrow and thought I might bump into them lol. Scan sounds promising!
Ivf #3- 28/6/12 Ohss

Tuesday, July 17th 2018, 8:10pm

Spring18 that’s great news today! lol I’m glad u said that about waiting room - I was saying that to hubby last night as I feel like I know you all and yous have helped me / us soooo much! Hubby even said to me .....ask the group (for something I wasn’t sure about).
Odi - hoping to start injections on 27th (provided bleed comes) I really hope it comes sooner rather than later when I finish tabs.
Girls - I’m really nervous about this all! It’s so exciting and scary all at the one time! And I think the tiredness that I’m experiencing at the min isn’t helping!
Hugs to all and incase I don’t say it enough.... thank u for all your support during this!

Lyn

Ace

Reg: May 21st 2010

Tuesday, July 17th 2018, 11:28pm

Hi all, it has been some time since I posted... my last cycle was back in January / February which ended in a negative pregnancy test result day 14, following 5 days of bleeding! In March however I ended up in A&E with severe left sided pain which resulted in surgery to remove an ectopic pregnancy... so much for the negative pregnancy test!! Anyhows, am back at it again & had 2 blastocysts transferred a week ago (10th July)... unfortunately I’m not feeling too positive at the mo!! It’s funny how you bounce out of the clinic absolutely beaming and then as the days pass by the doubt kicks in!! I had slight spotting yesterday, day 6 post 5dt & I know I’m silly having don’t this but after much googling on how soon a bfp can be picked up following FET, I did a pregnancy test this am (day 7)which was negative... I know it was too soon, but I can’t help feel that it’s a true result as I just feel my period is extremely close by and I have no symptoms what so ever!! Previous pregnancy with dd and 3 previous pregnancies which sadly ended in miscarriage all had symptoms from the get go!! Anyways am consumed with doubt and negativity today which I know is not very productive but it’s just so difficult to be positive but need to wait until official test date to be sure!! Which is not until Monday!!! Yikes... seems so far away!!
Anyways... enough about me & glass being half empty!! Great to see you guys being so supportive on here... let’s hope we all have some good news & baby joy real soon xx
Ps best wishes for those having scans and transfers in the coming days!! Exciting times x
Lyn

'10&'12FET:BFN:
'13:BFP:
'15FET:BFP:m/c6wk
'17:BFP:m/c7wk
18:BFN:

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 8:17am

Lyn - thinking about you! Try to be positive! Unfortunately there are no words to help with what you’re going through but know that we are all here for you and we pray for little ones for us all! Unfortunately it is out of our control and you have / are doing everything you can to get that positive result! Big hugs! As my hubby says..... think positive and positive things will happen.... I laugh as I type this because I’m great at giving advice whilst meanwhile I’m a bag of nerves for our cycle and am petrified that it won’t work..... we can’t help who we are or how we feel!
Big big hugs! You’ve got this and you’ve come this far so hold out and remember pupo (I’m learning these lol) xx

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 10:04am

Lyn thinking of you.like keepsmiling says think positive and positive things will happen.

Bbird

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 10:43am

Odi, if it helps, we had the screen and it actually stressed me out - I would rather it wasn’t there - doc was so focused on showing us everything and I just wanted it done - also the wee flash was so fast and to be honest, barely visible to me, maybe for others it was different . How are you feeling? Still feeling like before?

Lyn-I’m only now expericiencing the rollercoaster of the two week wait and I’m only two days in. I am trying to be positive, calm and get on with other things to distract. If I start thinking about it, it’s too much. Think the long journey starts to take its toll-we agreed we would only do one cycle so test day will literally decide the rest of our lives. Best not to think of it like it or my head will go. I am defo going to try and wait to test day as I don’t think I’ll believe any result before then so don’t see the point.

Hope everyone else is having a good week! Xx

Reg: Feb 4th 2018

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 2:02pm

Odi - my symptoms from the nasal spray have settled a little. Just feel jittery now and again but no more hot flushes, thank goodness.

Hoping everyone is doing okay x

G-Girl

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 3:30pm

Hi Guys - I hope you don't mind me joining the thread? I was put on the list in October and received my letter in Mid June and am going for my blood appointment on the 27th July, followed by my next appointment on the 9th August. If my cycle goes to plan this month I will be Day 21 on the 9th August for my second appointment. Does anyone know if it is likely that they will start my spray then? Do they normally have all the treatments scheduled in time for that appointment to give you? Sorry for all the questions but I am freaking out a little bit as I have a holiday booked in September that I don't want to get in the way of this whole process.
This is my first go at IVF and am really nervous - i'm aware of quite a lot of the process just from reading these threads so thank you for that everyone - it has been so nice to understand it all a bit before even starting.

I suffer from severe endometriosis and have been ttc for 3 or so years with absolutely no luck at all, i'm scared in case there is just no chance for us :(

Any help or advice would be really appreciated!

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 4:55pm

G girl it would depend on if they can get your appointments for during your treatment booked or not,usually u start on day 21 but they work the sprays then around when they can get your appointments in so some people end up being on sprays longer than others, u most likely won't start on the 9th am not saying rule it out but I would prepare urself not to start on that date, what date in September is your holiday? Ul be fine on hols on the sprays misuss x

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 4:57pm

If your on hols in Sept your better not starting on the 9th because ur Injections and EC and ET will all be September, I'd be shocked if they started u the day of your PTC to be honest but if they do just explain to them that it's more sutibale to wait to the next day 21 x

Odi

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 7:20pm

Hi all

Had another scan today with dr manning? He didn’t take any measurements and said I’ll be fine! Bit annoyed tbh. Anyway I’m preparing mentally to have ohss and hoping for the best. Next scan booked Friday morning.

G girl. I started spray 11th June. Went on holiday 1st week June so the delayed me starting stimming injections till 11th July. Likely you won’t start day of appointment. Is that your day 21? Let them know that at your first appointment as they might want to bring it forward.

Blossom glad everything has calmed down for you. When will you start injections?

Lyn what a story. It’s so hard this treatment when they put embies in technically you know you should get pregnant and when you’ve been through it before you try to analyse and compare everything. But as they say every pregnancy is different. So you’re not out till you’re out x
Ivf #3- 28/6/12 Ohss

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 8:36pm

Little Orchid, are you a fresh or frozen this time? Hope all goes well for you, have you all your dates etc?

Lyn I really pray all is OK for you I remember only too well the support you gave me on my first cycle.

Lyn

Ace

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 8:52pm

Thanks girls for the lovely supportive messages... I know I just need to settle myself until Monday & count my blessings that I still have one blasto in storage!! I haven’t taken time off work & to be honest it has been such a welcomed distraction... keeps my mind from over analysing & me from googling!! Lol... yes I remember back then Anniebell... how is all with you??
Odi, really hope you don’t have ohss... I had with first 2 cycles & Twas not nice!!!
Bbird, when is your test day... it’s so nerve wrecking this whole waiting game...
Anyways... positive vibes as you all say... xx
Ps Daisydo... glad to hear you keeping so well x
Lyn

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 9:10pm

Lyn I'm good. Trying to have a relaxing cycle if there's such a thing. I've been on sprays a couple of weeks and will start tablets soon. I have noticed this time though I've had a heavy bleed for 2 days and then the next 5 days of period was just blood on wiping. I can't remember if this happened last time but I think it might have. Anyone else get this? How are you today Lyn?

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 9:30pm

Anniebell i think the meds just mess your body up.i was always regular and the same every month till i started ivf and since then things have never been the same.

Lyn

Ace

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 9:51pm

I’m good today Anniebell, have had old blood stained mucous on wiping once today...(Soz too much info) I think my period trying to come but pesseries keeping it away at mo!!
Good on you relaxed positive mental attitude... really hope this cycle brings success for you!!
Lyn

Wednesday, July 18th 2018, 11:12pm

Thanks girls. I know it does this sometimes though it's best to double check. I just feel so sluggish and tired this few days but hey ho. I'll be grand. God help me this time next week I'll be on a camping holiday. Lyn, keep positive and pray pray pray. Xx

G-Girl

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Thursday, July 19th 2018, 11:28am

Daisydo my holiday is 12th September - i'm hoping that they either start me straight away and in which case most of it will hopefully be done by then or they start me the following month which will mean i'm on the sprays while away (which will be fine as you say).

Odi yes that would be my day 21 (if my period starts tomorrow and my cycle is the same length as usual), but I guess it could be pushed back a few days if my cycle is longer this month - it is usually 25 days but it has been 27 before the odd time. I'll make sure and tell them when my day 21 should be when I go for my bloods next friday.

Thanks for the info :)

Lyn I really have my fingers crossed for you - I can't imagine how you are feeling right now I hope you get the result you want!

Thursday, July 19th 2018, 6:15pm

From I started sprays till I had my transfer it was 5 weeks in total until transfer, feels like a life time ago now tho and at the time it felt like forever lol x

Thursday, July 19th 2018, 6:57pm

That’s me finished tablets! Now to wait for a bleed!! 1 step closer! Feels like it’s never coming round but it is!!! xx
Thinking about you all at these different stages.....
bbird - how are you feeling?
CQCQ - hope all went well today?
Babydream - good luck for tomorrow..... and ALL..... let’s try stay positive in this journey and we will get through it xx

Thursday, July 19th 2018, 7:06pm

Thanks keepsmiling.hope your bleed comes soon for you.

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 members and 1 guests

Gracie16, JMcK34

Who we are: ADMINISTRATOR, GLOBAL MODERATOR, MODERATOR, MENTOR, MEMBER, X - Blocked Users

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE