You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Lucyloo" started this thread

Reg: Oct 31st 2011

Friday, April 13th 2012, 8:37am

failed IVF First attempt

Hi,

We found out yesterday that our first ivF attempt failed bigcloud . We now have to wait 5 weeks for a follow up appointment. We had the rest of our embryo's frozen. does anyone know how long we will have to wait to start again and how the second attempt works.

At the moment the only thing think about is gettting back on the horse and starting again. I feel I have been through to much to let this stop me. Any advice would be great.

Lucy x

Tube Ectopic Right tube removed :bawl: Miscarriage :bawl:
April 2012 1st IVF attempt :BFN: July FET 2012 :BFP: Heart beat seen 6 +
Henri Owen William born 6/3/13 baby7

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, April 13th 2012, 9:12am

Hi Lucy,
sorry about your failed treatment :hugs:
Normally you need to wait 3 months (3 periods) so that your body can recover from all the drugs. On top of that if you are having nhs funded treatment, sometimes they ask you to wait 6 moths. It all depends on your PCT and clinic. If you are having a private cycle then normally they just make you wait the 3 periods and then you can start again.
If you are having FET (frozen embryo transfer) then the wait is less as you only have to go through the actual transfer and don't need stimulating.
The way they'll plan the second fresh attempt will depend on how you did in your first. As you have had many embryos and frozen some they may just do the same protocol. It does take an average of 3 goes before it works, so this time it might just have been bad luck. You will have to find out at your review appointment. Check here for questions to ask: INITIAL AND FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
I know you want to start again but believe me it's better to have a break.
Take care

Friday, April 13th 2012, 1:01pm

Thanks for your reply it means a lot.

We are private as my DH already has a son from a previous relationship.

:thanx:

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Friday, April 13th 2012, 5:17pm

Hi LucyLoo I'm sorry to hear about your BFN. I had to wait 3 months between my fresh and frozen cycle but each clinic is different and will take different factors such as your age into account.

Good Luck with your next attempt xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, April 13th 2012, 5:18pm

So you will only have to wait a couple of periods. And you can do FET first. It's not as bad.
Now take time to recover.
Take care x

Friday, April 13th 2012, 6:11pm

Thanks,

Gonna take the next few months to relax and maybe treat myself to a few girly nights

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, April 13th 2012, 6:57pm

That is going to do you lots of good!

Reg: Jan 11th 2012

Children: One lovely son aged 14 from a previous marriage...... would love to have a little one with my gorgeous husband xxxx

Friday, April 13th 2012, 7:39pm

So sorry to hear that your treatment has failed..............hey give yourself time to get over it and enjoy life and then you will be able to start again........lots of luck xxxxxx

MY DIARY

Ist IVF attempt March 2012--no response to drugs and abandoned, the end of our IVF journey and the start of our Adoption journey for our little LO xx

Reg: May 17th 2018

Tuesday, May 22nd 2018, 4:26pm

Hey Lucy. Well, I am sorry for that. But there is no need to worry. Usually, the first attempt failed. But there is no need to take the pressure. People usually got their 2nd cycle successful. I know a lot of women who did not succeed in the first attempt but now they are a mother. So don't lose hope. Stay strong. Good things are coming to you. Will pray for you.

miamiamo

Reg: Aug 9th 2015

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 8:24pm

Hey Lucy. Well, I am sorry for that. But there is no need to worry. Usually, the first attempt failed. But there is no need to take the pressure. People usually got their 2nd cycle successful. I know a lot of women who did not succeed in the first attempt but now they are a mother. So don't lose hope. Stay strong. Good things are coming to you. Will pray for you.
agreed

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE