You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "bernie1980" started this thread

Reg: Mar 3rd 2018

Wednesday, June 20th 2018, 10:02pm

Working during treatment

Hi, I am fairly new to all of this, I have been on a few times to read but I have never posted before.
we have booked for our 1st IVF/ICSI cycle at GYNEM in Prague in September.We had planned it around using annual leave from work.
As it is our 1st time and I am a bit worked up about the whole thing we have decided to get all scans done with the clinic so we need to be in Prague from day 6.
As my job is pretty stressful, involves long periods of standing and a lot of heavy moving, pushing, pulling etc. I have been advised by some people just take the whole time during my treatment off on sick leave, from I 1st starting taking meds on day1 (I get paid full pay on sick leave). My GP has already said she will give me a sick note for the time.
My questions are: 1. does the medication make you really sick that I would need time off? 2. is work stressing and moving and handling before transfer going to affect the outcome (I can see how it can afterward) 3. if I plan on going off for the whole treatment do I tell my boss now so they can plan cover or just keep the treatment quiet and call sick at the time, so they can't give me a hard time about it (they are not the nicest people)?

Also is there any others planning on going to GYNEM any time soon?

Thanks B

Elle K.

Reg: Jun 5th 2018

Wednesday, June 20th 2018, 10:16pm

Hi bernie1980
I'm in a similar situation with my work, I think I'm going to see how I go before transfer with meds, but after transfer I think I'll take time off work. I'm just trying to give myself the best chance of success and if I was in work stressed, running around, then I think that would affect things. I've been told I don't need time off, bar maybe the day after transfer, but I see some clinics putting patients on bedrest etc. With your boss it's completely up to you, I'm quite private, so I might not discuss it with my boss, but I haven't fully decided. Hope you get some clarity on things xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE