You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Fifs

Ace

Reg: Nov 19th 2017

Sunday, March 11th 2018, 1:08pm

That is do disappointing for you ashastar, thinking about you.

• "ashastar" started this thread

Reg: Mar 20th 2013

Sunday, March 11th 2018, 9:25pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Feeling a bit down about it all tonight.

Little orchid, do you know do we get a review appointment as part of the private fet or do we have to pay extra if we want one? The form I have to send back asks if I want a review and I wouldn't mind having a chat with the consultant to see if they think it would be worth our while having any further treatment. If I have to pay for it though I'd probably consider going elsewhere.

JMcK, hope you are keeping well xx
Ashastar

IVF June 2014 :BFN: :tear:
FET Nov 2014 :BFP: smile2

tansy34

Reg: Jan 10th 2018

Sunday, March 11th 2018, 9:48pm

Sorry to read this Ashatar. I know how disappointed you’re feeling. I hope you are looking after yourself. Xx

JMCK- really pleased for you on your positive result. You’ve had a long road to get where you are and please God all works out for you xx

Reg: Apr 15th 2014

Wednesday, March 14th 2018, 10:25pm

Hi Ashastar,

Yeah the review is included in the price of our FET so you won’t have extra to pay. I rang to find out how long the waiting time for reviews, I thought it might be 12 weeks. But the admin staff said it wouldn’t be that long for private, they had received my letter and were waiting to get the consultants diary to book me in. I haven’t heard anything yet. Like you Ashastar, I want their opinion on further treatment. I am hoping they will give us impartial advice as I feel ivf is such big business, that clinics will try and sell you ‘the dream’. So in the meantime I have spoken with my gp to get my bloods done and my partners sperm sample. The gp doesn’t do AMH, but he wrote me a letter to get this done privately. Just waiting to see if my cycle has returned to normal as I need this tested on a particular day of my cycle. Might be chancing my arm, but hoping I will have these results to my review to see how much things have declined in the three years since my treatment. If things look dire, it might help me make a decision about the future/ come to terms with it.

If I go ahead, I have decided on a particular clinic. And If we get any embryos, I hope to have them genetically screened (pgs) to help avoid miscarriage/ implantation failure. Maybe clutching at straws! It is nowhere as expensive as treatment here. We still can’t afford it, but I feel I would regret not trying. But I am also realistic that the odds are most definitely not on our side. It is a difficult decision.

JMCK - hope all is going well for you, and you don’t have to wait too much longer for your scan.

Take care girls x

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 3:19pm

Hi little orchid, not sure if you ever pop in here anymore? Was just wondering how your review went? I'm only having mine next week and wondering is there even any point going. Were they able to offer you any further assistance / guidance? I hope everything is well for you and that if you decided to go again it all works out xx
Ashastar

Wednesday, June 13th 2018, 5:45pm

Hi Ashastar- good to hear from you.

I went to my review, as I was so unsure of whether to carry on with my age seriously against me. It was good just to talk about what the options open to me- which really was further treatment or call it a day. As I was looking at clinics abroad- I asked questions about particular techniques such as pgs, what he considered pros and cons. He was open to answering questions, was realistic about our chances and at the end of the day it really is our decision.

It made me realise that I personally am not ready to stop trying to have another child. I am probably being ruled by my heart and not my head. It is a lot of money - but the money can be replaced but the opportunity to have another child can’t. But I know the odds are against us, but I am going ahead with treatment.

I was all set to go abroad- but the got cold feet about my partner being able to take off work at short notice and managing a 2 year old into the bargain. I know people do it all the time, but things like that stress me out far more than taking injections, procedures etc. So in the end I have decided to go with GCRM. I am going for the multicycle option through access fertility. Hopefully can start this summer.

I it is very hard to know what to do Ashastar- some days I question my decision. Good luck what ever you decide.

Thursday, June 14th 2018, 8:59pm

Hi little orchid, thanks for replying. I am going to go to the review too although my husband can't get out of work so I'm currently trying to rearrange it. Hoping I don't have to wait too long. I don't really know what I'm expecting from it but it's good to know they are happy to answer questions.

We seem to be in exactly the same boat. I too feel strongly that I'm not ready to stop trying for another baby. Unfortunately I just can't see how we can afford to have a full round of IVF just now. The costs of treatment abroad are much more attractive but like you the logistics of it stress me out too much. It's particularly difficult as I wouldn't want to tell family about it so then I would have no one to leave my son with.

I really wish you the best of luck with your treatment. I think if it's what you want then it's definitely the right decision. Even if it fails you will never regret trying but if you don't try you will always wonder what if. It's heartbreaking that age is against us when we are still what I would consider to be young! I have friends the same age as me who are falling pregnant naturally with seemingly no difficulty at all. So frustrating and unfair.

Please keep in touch and let me know how you get on xx
Ashastar

Thursday, June 14th 2018, 10:20pm

Thanks Ashastar,

Hopefully your review will help inform your decision. I think it is good for partners/ husbands to hear it too- just even to open up the conversation. It's not that my partner isn't supportive or loves being a daddy- but I think he just drifts along and some how things that it will 'just happen' some time. Even though I was feeling relatively strong, after the review- I felt pretty raw and emotional. Suppose hard to put to bed all those feelings over the years. I still think 'this is the month' and nearly have myself convinced I am pregnant, and when it doesn't happen- it gets to me. Having a 'plan' gives me hope- but I know that at some point this too will come to an end. So I am trying to prepare myself for that too.

At the minute I am kind of in limbo, as my thyroid is in normal range for the general population but not fertility. So I have to try and get my levels down before I start treatment- so hopefully will happen soon.

I know what you mean about other people getting pregnant 'naturally'- sometimes I think imagine getting pregnant without all 'this fuss'. But I can only be thankful for the whole ivf process as they gave me a 'good one'.

You stay in touch too- feel free to pm me.

Take care x

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE