You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Elle K.

• "Elle K." started this thread

Reg: Jun 5th 2018

Tuesday, June 5th 2018, 7:33pm

IVF counselling

Hi, I have been TTC for almost 4 years, there has been no explanation for our infertility and so we are hoping to start IVF this summer ( if the 10 month wait is a cert). It has been a long road, with none of my friends who know really knowing what to say..and so I'm on here......has anyone been to counselling?? I just need to talk to someone who has gone through this. I know that this 'infertility' deal is most definitely not the worst thing that life could throw at us, but it feels like a rollercoaster, a simple baby aisle in tesco is enough to set me off at times. Anyway, if you have been to the counselling sessions, please let me know how they were and if they helped..or if anyone knows of a group chat in n.i.

Thanks! :)

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Tuesday, June 5th 2018, 8:19pm

I went to the fertility counselling service and found them appalling. A total waste of my time. I had to go due to using donor sperm. In turn the counsellor delayed our treatment by 6 months by not contacting RFC to say we had completed counselling. The counsellor dragged out every word and left it months and months between appointment's. It took us 3.5 years to get to a fresh NHS icsi cycle due to all the delays with counselling. I suppose it may not be like that for you as you may have no requirement with the clinic to go. This is just my experience.

Elle K.

Tuesday, June 5th 2018, 8:27pm

oh my goodness!
That is awful! I can't believe that could delay treatment, I find that there are delays constantly! I don't have a requirement to go but I'm not going to chance it now as I think I'm getting closer to letter day...
Thanks for the reply Anniebell

Smcca118

Tuesday, June 5th 2018, 8:40pm

Hi Elle I went on the IVF waiting list Oct 17 I've had a previous miscarriage in 2015 had all tests done unexplained infertility they said probably my age too I'm 39 I rang rvh today enquiring about when I would receive top of list letter lady on phone said July/aug. I am on IVF support group on Facebook it's really good and great support and information. Hope that helps a bit.

Elle K.

Tuesday, June 5th 2018, 8:49pm

Thank you Smcca118, that is so helpful to know. I don't think I could join a facebook page as I haven't told too many about our situation. I find it really hard to talk to anyone about this as no-one really knows what it's like, my husband is very logical and matter of fact and so he doesn't fully understand either. I'm really sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I have unexplained infertility too.

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 8 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE