Unread posts

lolly801

• "lolly801" started this thread

Reg: Aug 14th 2009

Sunday, March 7th 2010, 3:54pm

Could i have Endometriosis??

Hi

I'm in need of some advice please!

I have have been suffering with pain in my pelvis (Left sided) for about 5 years now my other symptoms iclude Infertility, spotting before a period usually lasting about 10-12 days and 1 day of an actual bleed,occasionally i get pain during intercourse & some blood afterwards, spotting around when i should be ovulating, The pain is usually worse at night & at times i find it very hard to sleep as it hurts so much pain killers such as ibroprofen don't seem to work anymore.
I have been back & forth to the doctors & they always seem to tell me that the pains are spasms in my bowel & that it is IBS. I have been prescribed several anti spasmodic drugs but none have worked i am getting very frustrated as i havn't been tested for anything so how can they diagnose me with IBS.
I just don't know what to do anymore as no one seems to be taking me seriously.

Does this sound like it could be endometriosis to anyone?

thanks
Lolly :)
TTC FOR OVER 3+ YEARS
ME & DH BOTH AGE 29

Flic

Italy Poland

Reg: May 8th 2008

Children: Had my first daughter on 25th February 2010!

What's Up?
Stressed.

Sunday, March 7th 2010, 4:36pm

Hiya,

Didn't want to read and run.

Unfortunately I don't really know about endo but I'm sure someone will be along to help and give you some advice soon.

Its usually a bit quiet at the weekends but like I say, someone will be along to help soon.

:hugs:

Our miracle was born on 25.02.2010!!

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Sunday, March 7th 2010, 10:20pm

Oh hun it sound like you're having an awful time of it. :sadface:

I have endo and I my worst pains are at the sides of my pelvis, I believe my pains are caused by the endo on my ligaments. For me this means doing things like sitting down too hard or walking too much can leave me in agony. No GP has ever taken me seriously about my pains but my fertility consultant did, if I hadn't been investigated for fertility problems I don't think I would have been diagnosed. Have you got a fertility consultant?

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Reg: Sep 21st 2009

Children: one step daughter, very proud Mummy to Maisy and Oliver

Monday, March 8th 2010, 6:16pm

Sounds suspiciously like it my lovely. All your symptoms I have! and Ive got Endo! xxxx Go and get a 2nd opinion if you can hun lurve
Very happy Mummy to Maisy & Oliver - bring on the fun!

SAZZLE

Tiggs

Star

Reg: May 14th 2009

Children: Two precious baby girls thanks to ICSI! XXX

Wednesday, March 10th 2010, 7:59am

Hi Lolly,

I am sorry you are having a rough time with this. I hope you get a 2nd opinion and get to the bottom of it.

I apparantly have IBS which causes me pain in my lower left side, one time so bad I had to call NHS 24 and go to hospital, who said it was probably IBS. I've been to the Drs a couple of times about it but they keep telling it is IBS but I still worry that it may be something else. Our fertility problems are due to DH but I am scared that there may actually be something wrong with me too and that they are diagnosing me wrong.

Thinking of you.

xxx

TTC 6yrs
ICSI Jul 09 OHSS :-(
FET Oct 09:BFN: :-(
FET Jan 10:BFN: :-(
ICSI Jun 10:BFP: precious DD born Feb 11 : D
FET Oct-Jan 12/13 chemical pregnancy ;(
ICSI Jul 13:BFP: :)

lolly801

Wednesday, March 10th 2010, 3:11pm

Hi all,

Flic- Congratulations my dear!!

Polly Pocket- Yes i have got a fertility specialst which diagnosed me with unexplained infertility after 3 & a half years of TTC, the only tests i have had are day 21 bloods, an HSG & an ultrasound which they found a 2cm cyst on my left ovary (where i suffer the pain) but they don't see this as a concern.

Sazzle- how many times did you have see the doc before they did anything?

Tiggs- I wish i could believe i had IBS but my gut instincts are telling me that it's something else only because i thought IBS sufferers normally have constipation & diarrhea which i have none of.I will go back to the docs is there any way we can demand tests? I just think its really bad how they can diagnose you without tests.
Anyway hope are ok? do you take any medicines to help with the ease the pain?

Thanks
Lollyxxx
TTC FOR OVER 3+ YEARS
ME & DH BOTH AGE 29

chatterbox

Megastar

Reg: Nov 30th 2007

Children: Two heaven sent miracles!

Thursday, March 11th 2010, 9:24am

Hi hun

If you're been suffering for 5 yrs, with pain that is disrupting your life, and no relief with general pain meds then its high time you were investigated fully. I don't have endo (apart from tiny bit) but had severe adbo pains for years, and was also fobbed off with IBS. Even though no symptoms and no related meds had an effect. Finally sent for tests and then diagnosed.

Be prepared to stamp your feet a bit though! :hugs:

Me 40 DH 35 TTC 10yr
peritoneal mesothelioma, cystectomy 97 & 00
peritonectomy, lost both tubes & most of left ovary Aug 07

Dec 07 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk
July 08 BFN
Dec 08 BFP b/ov m/c 9.6wk

July 09 BFN
Nov 09 BFP 2 x sacs 1 b/o 1 no hrtbt m/c 9.2wk
May10 BFP at 8+4 m/mc @10wk scan ERPC

Found: High NK cells, DQ Alpha match, LAD neg & PAI-1 pos...

NOV 2010 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :girl: born 25/8/11

OCT 2012 - Immune IVF at CARE Manchester
:BFP: [zx076] :boy: born 24/6/13

United Kingdom

Thursday, March 11th 2010, 2:41pm

I agree totally with Chatterbox, time to start stamping your feet to get fully investigated.

xxx

Angel baby April 07, Angel baby December 07, DD1 August 09, DD2 March 11, DD3 October 13

Tiggs

Star

Reg: May 14th 2009

Children: Two precious baby girls thanks to ICSI! XXX

Saturday, March 13th 2010, 10:51am

HI Lolly,

I don't really get much C&D either, now and again (like everydody does I'm sure) but it's never extreme (thankfully). It's the pain that causes me real problems. It has actually been awful the last week, especially the last couple of days. Like you, mine is worse at night. It sometimes feels like a sharp, or pulling, or throbbing or just an severe ache kind of pain and, this is the part that worries me, it often feels like something is going to "burst", which totally freaks me out. I use paracetomal and buscopan, but neither takes the pain away completely, it just eventually fades away but sometimes it is always there but just not as bad. I have a review appointment following my 2nd BFN on Tues so I'm going to mention it then to see what they say as time goes on, I think it is less likely it is IBS.

You really need to push for tests - barricade yourself in until they agree!!! It is not good enough after all this time and pain to still not do further tests and just say it's "probably" IBS. Wishing you lots of luck. Perhaps you could let us know how you get on?

xxx

TTC 6yrs
ICSI Jul 09 OHSS :-(
FET Oct 09:BFN: :-(
FET Jan 10:BFN: :-(
ICSI Jun 10:BFP: precious DD born Feb 11 : D
FET Oct-Jan 12/13 chemical pregnancy ;(
ICSI Jul 13:BFP: :)

lolly801

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 10:03am

Hi

I have been to the doctors once again & i told them that i wasn't convinced it's IBS as none of the medications they have prescribed don't work so i have managed to get some blood tests done to check for imflamation, a full blood count & i have got an ultrasound appointment booked for this thursday so i will let you all know the outcome.

Thanks Lolly.xx
TTC FOR OVER 3+ YEARS
ME & DH BOTH AGE 29

lolly801

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 10:44am

Think i'm finally getting somewhere had my vaginal ultrasound & the nurse found 2 endometrioma's on my left ovary one is 2cm & the other is 3cm you couldn't see my left ovary as it was covered.Hopefully by the end of the week my gp should get my results i think i will go mad if he insists it's IBS.

Could my ovary be damaged if it is endo?

Thanks
Lolly.xx
TTC FOR OVER 3+ YEARS
ME & DH BOTH AGE 29

United Kingdom

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 12:49pm

It's great you've been given some more info, lets hope your GP does take you seriously now. I suggest you ask for a laparoscopy so you can get a proper diagnosis.

I had endo on both ovaries, my endo/fertility consultant removed the endo by diathermy in July 08.

Let us know how you get on with your GP.

xxx

Pipi

Reg: Mar 31st 2010

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 4:30pm

Hi Lolly

So glad to hear you're finally getting somewhere with the doctor. I had to insist that my GP referred me to a gynae consultant before they did anything for me and that was after 18 month TTC and several visits to the GP complaining of extreme pain. Anyway, my gynae consultant was fab - did a transvaginal scan which showed signs of endo and I was having a lap to remove it all 2 days later. Sadly, the lap hasn't brought my longed for baby yet (one failed IVF in December and a failed FET this week), but has improved my periods somewhat. So its totally worth kicking up a fuss and insisting you are referred.

Sounds very much like you have endo, but apparently its v hard to diagnose without a lap as the symptoms can be similar to other things (like IBS). For your info, my symptoms were:
- extremely painful periods - pain usually from ovulation right the way through to the end of my period, most extreme for the 2 to 3 days before I start, also concentrated on left side
- very long periods - 7 to 10 days
- very heavy periods with lots of clotting
- very sensitive bladder during my period (apparently I had lots of endo around it)
- feeling faint and nauseous in the few days before my period and first few days, probably due to all the pain and blood loss.

Since the lap in July, my periods are much lighter and shorter, but the pain didn't improve as I also have adenomyosis (where the endometrial cells grow inside the muscular wall of your uterus) which unfortunately they can't do anything about.

However, I have found that taking ibuprofen and codeine (you can get this over the counter or your GP should prescribe) helps (much better than ibuprofen alone) and I've been having accupunture since September and although that hasn't helped the IVF/FET, it's MASSIVELY improved my pain - virtually pain free now. I'd really recommend it.

Hoping you feel better soon.

Love Pipi xxx xfingers
Pipi xfingers

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 12:25pm

Gosh I have the same symtoms as you - I am due for a scan soon so hope to get it sorted out x
:BFP: ICSI Nov 10 = MMC at 10 week scan Jan 11
:BFP: 28/3/11 - natural Ectopic 8/4/11
:BFN: FET 22/8/11
:BFN: ICSI Jan 12
:BFN: FET Oct 13

quinette

Reg: Jun 22nd 2012

Children: no but hope and pray to have

Friday, June 29th 2012, 8:11pm

Hallo I have endo stage four or had not sure I had a lap scope done and also took endo out by cutting and draining them and zolodex implant so I have not had my period for 5 months yet and your symptoms r like mine so get a nother opinion and remember we r here for you trust in God all will work out for you

Reg: Jun 8th 2014

Children: One little boy - 2 years old :)

Tuesday, July 8th 2014, 1:37pm

lolly great some progress is being made. I have extensive Endo and a lot round my bowel and they said IBS for years. some GPs are better than others at considering it a possiblilty. Your ovary should be ok as they can lazer the endo off but even if it isnt you still have your other. I have endo round both my ovaries but they are still working fine. I have to get them unstuck from my bladder and pelvis wall during operations but they still work so there is always hope. :)

miamiamo

Reg: Aug 9th 2015

Friday, January 22nd 2016, 4:42pm

Just come across this and thought it might be useful endometriosisnews com/endometriosis-and-pregnancy/

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Sunday, January 24th 2016, 10:58pm

I know this is an old thread but seen it the other day and decided to post in it for some help/advice.

Since October 2015 things haven't been right down below (tmi sorry) it started of feeling like cystitis and after I took the sachets that didn't work I went to the doctor who said it could be a urine infection, 3 lots of antibiotics later I'm told it's not a urine infection so I was sent for a bladder and kidney scan that was all fine.
So back to the doctor to be told maybe it's thrush or a bacterial infection so more antibiotics which I must admit did help the best out a bad lot but once I stopped them the pain came back.

I then went and got tested for infections including sexually transmitted ones and a smear test, all came back normal.

So my general symptoms are pain when I pee, like a nipping burning sensation, it comes and goes but worse when I pee and don't get me started when my period is due or on the first few days.
I've had this on and off since October.

This month has been the worst so far, two periods in 3 weeks, a pain in my pelvic/pubic area when I pee or hold a pee for too long, pain at the top of my legs and lower back just before my period stared and incredibly sore boobs.

I pee a lot anyway but seem to be going more often and had an upset tummy the two days before my period started (maybe a coincidence)

I'd say when I do have the pain it's worse in the morning and going for a bath makes it worse (again maybe a coincidence)

I no I shouldn't Google and these symptoms could no doubt be 100 things but having ruled out an infection and after 20 years of regular periods that have now decided to do what they like, I have come to the conclusion that it must be hormone related and after googling endo realised I had quite a few symptoms.

Any help/advice and previous experience would be much appreciated.

I'll be going back to the dr once this period ends.

Thanks in advance x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

cheenab

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: 3 gorgeous boys Zachary, Finley and Teddy <3

What's Up?
Couldn't be any happier :D

Monday, January 25th 2016, 8:08am

Hi sasha have you had a read up about pelvic inflammatory disease, I remembered the doctor talking about it when I was diagnosed with pcos, reading up on your symptoms just made me think of it, sorry not much help but worth a read. Hope you can get sorted soon xxx
FET August 2011-1 Blastocyst onboard :BFP:
Zachary William born on 27/4/12 at 10.12am weighing 6lb 12oz
Shock natural BFP 15/3/15 :faint:
Finley Thomas born on 5/11/15 at 9.39am 7lb 14oz
Another shock natural BFP 6/8/16
Teddy George born on 30/3/17 at 4.34pm 7lb 9oz

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

sasha146 (25.01.2016)

Amelia12

Reg: May 14th 2018

Friday, June 1st 2018, 9:57pm

Hey. I'm sorry but it doesn't look great. I'd suggest you see a doctor right away. It would be the best option. There's no point in wasting time. Good luck. I hope it isn't something bad.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE