You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "pup18" started this thread

Reg: Jan 23rd 2018

Children: TTC # 1

Wednesday, May 9th 2018, 1:46pm

FET Natural Cycle (following a failed ICSI in March 2018).

I had my follow up appointment this morning after a failed ICSI cycle in March. We have one frozen embryo, so weren't sure if we'd have to do another fresh cycle, but we don't. Fingers crossed that our one egg thaws ok. The appointment was good as we went through how I responded to the drugs etc, and I was told that on paper everything looked really good and was just bad luck that it didn't work. Not sure if this helps how we feel or not.

The consultant said there was a drug route or natural route to take for the frozen cycle. She decided that as I ovulate and have a regular cycle, that we would try a natural cycle this time. This isn't something I have heard of before as pressumed i'd need drugs for some part of it. Has anyone else had a natural FET cycle and how did you find it?

Also, i've been reading up lots of accupunture and diet. Has anyone changed their diet specifically or had accupunture with a positive result? I forgot to ask about accupunture in my appointment, but the consultant said there was nothing I could do to help implant this time round etc.

Thanks xx :)

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• "Dusky7" is 40 years old today
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Thursday, May 10th 2018, 3:43am

Hi Pup, great news that you are going to do an FET. They are sooo much simpler and less stressful than fresh. I have only ever done medicated, I ovulate and have a regular cycle but Consultant still likes to do medicated, every clinic is different I guess. A natural one must be far less stressful on mind and body.

I always do acupuncture, absolutely love it and really believe it does something for me, it is so relaxing. I don’t do a specific diet as such but cut out all rubbish, no sweets and treats, (though do have the odd square of dark chocolate ooo :) ). I try to eat organic as much as poss, wholemeal, lots of protein, chicken, fish, eggs, milk, nuts and seeds, green leafy veg etc.

Wishing you so much luck for your treatment xx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Thursday, May 10th 2018, 9:31am

Hi Dusky,

Thank you so much for your reply. It does seem very strange to not have to take anything, but like you say hopefully my body will perform better that way!

I'll look into accupunture, it seems very expensive, but will be worth it if it helps.

Thanks for the diet info. Even though the consultant said nothing could aid implantation, I can't help but read up on anything that may help.

Where are you in your treatment? i've been away from the site for a while and forget where everyone was. xx

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

• "Dusky7" is 40 years old today
  • United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Thursday, May 10th 2018, 10:36am

I go back in for 3rd scan tomorrow, praying things are growing better. Hopefully EC tues/weds :pray:

Acupuncture is very pricey isn’t it, and who knows, but I love it and hope that it may have some benefit xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Thursday, May 10th 2018, 11:44am

Fingers crossed everything goes to plan for you! I'll look into accupunture xx