You are not logged in.

Unread posts

LauraEC

• "LauraEC" started this thread

Reg: Feb 2nd 2018

Friday, February 2nd 2018, 9:42pm

New to forum; PGD IVF about to start second cycle

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum but excited to join and have some support (and hopefully offer it too!) during my second IVF cycle.

We embarked on our IVF journey due to my husband having Gorlin Goltz Syndrome which qualifies us for NHS PGD treatment. We discovered however, during our first cycle of IVF, that I have a 'egg problem' as our consultant so delicately put it (bedside manner = zero!).

So, first cycle produced 3 eggs, all fertilised normally and have been frozen as they don't like doing PGD with so few embryos.

This time round I've had some acupuncture and started having royal jelly/bee pollen/bee propolis in the hope to improve my egg count and am keeping everything crossed.

Due to start second cycle anytime now (waiting on my February period) and hoping for the best!
Me 36, DH 44, PGD IVF
Sept 17 1st IVF 3 eggs = 3 embryos all frozen.
Feb 18 waiting on AF to begin 2nd cycle

Reg: Dec 1st 2014

Tuesday, February 13th 2018, 3:23pm

Hi

I’ve started my 2nd PGD cycle at Guys Hospital and I am awaiting egg collection on Thursday

My first cycle I had 17 mature eggs and 10 fertilised. 5 made it to day 5 but only 2 were suitable for testing. 1 is as affected and 1 unaffected. I transferred in Aug 17 but got a BFN and had to start the process again.

I’ve had terrible headaches this time around so Thursday can’t come quick enough.

Have you stared cycle 2 yet?

Spoiler Spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE