You are not logged in.

Unread posts

gmcb0409

• "gmcb0409" started this thread

Reg: Jan 27th 2017

Friday, January 27th 2017, 11:00pm

ICSI treatment @ RFC Belfast

Hey all I've debated posting on this for a while but I've finally decided to join as there are plenty of lovely ladies out there who is in the same position as myself..... my dh and I had our 1st appointment at the grove wellbeing clinic in October my dh had to go to the Royal for further SA, so we then had our review appointment last week withDr williamson who discussed our options with us which was decided ICSI is our best and only option

Reg: Jan 25th 2015

Saturday, January 28th 2017, 10:05am

Hi missus. Just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum. It's a great place to talk to couples who know exactly how your feeling with no judgement. Dr Williamson is also my consultant. She's a great lady and very helpful with all questions you have. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask xx

Squeaks

Reg: Oct 21st 2016

Saturday, January 28th 2017, 10:23am

Hi and welcome! How are you getting on? I know I was a bit knocked sideways after our review, although we knew there was something wrong I totally wasnt prepared for hearing it. We're currently doing ICSI due to issues on both sides.
It's nice to have people to talk to here who understand what facing up to infertility is like.

Reg: Sep 23rd 2015

Children: Beautiful wee miracle baby girl ❤️❤️ Dec 15, fet nov 17 miscarriage at 7 weeks

Sunday, January 29th 2017, 12:00am

Welcome squeaks jst want to welcome you I had ivf/icsi in Nov/Dec 15 as we both had issues and we had a beautiful baby girl this year and hoping to go again this year, this site is great I was on it all the time when going through treatment :)

gmcb0409

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 5:37pm

Hi girls thanks so much for your quick reply I can see from
My post that it didn't all appear for whatever reason I don't know.... so here it is again
Hey all I've debated posting on this for a while but I've finally decided to join as there are plenty of lovely ladies out there who is in the same position as myself..... my dh and I had our 1st appointment at the grove wellbeing clinic in October my dh had to go to the Royal for further SA, so we then had our review appointment last week withDr williamson who discussed our options with us which was decided ICSI is our best and only option

gmcb0409

Tuesday, February 7th 2017, 5:48pm

Hey girls would anyone know why my whole message isn't showing g??, am I doing something wrong

gmcb0409

Friday, April 21st 2017, 11:38am

Waiting time for icsi

Hey all just curious to find out is anyone currently waiting on treatment....
we where put on the list mid January and Dr Williamson said the waiting time is 6mths I rang today just to see if anything had changed and was told the waiting time is now 9mths
I just wish it was now.......

Libbymck

Reg: Jun 22nd 2016

Friday, April 21st 2017, 11:59am

Hi gmcb0409 I'm currently waiting on my letter to begin treatment I got put on in the list on 12 of October. I was expecting my letter start of may but it seems might be couple of weeks later than that. Some woman on the forum are waiting at the minute from the end of August/start of September. I ring rfc every couple of Months and usually get the same answer 7-9 months. I rang recently and they said they wer working on the start of September letters. So the wait seems to be in and around 7and half months.

When I originally got put on the list it seemed like a long time away, but iv over six months over me and to be honest it really did fly in and I hope it does for u too.

Rfc can give u completely different answers on the phone so I would just watch the forum to see when others receive their letters

Sl_17

Reg: Jul 26th 2017

Thursday, August 17th 2017, 11:09pm

Hey all, I was wondering hows yous are getting on? My fiancé and I have been on the list for isci beginning of march we were told 6-9 months I was hoping to get top of the list letter around September time, what do yous say on the phone when yous ring ?I always feel like they can't be bothered to answer my questions

tracyxx

Reg: Jan 10th 2017

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 2:02pm

Hi all Im Tracy - My Partner and I have just been put on the ICSI WL since last week. I am very excited / nervous at the thought of it. My BMI is currently 34.9 and they want it preferably under 30 :S
can anyone who has experienced this treatment explain to me the process of what happens, what to expect and how they found the medication. Thanks for your help : D

Reg: Aug 25th 2017

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 10:06pm

Hi all we are also on icsi list from end of March so hoping time passes quickly!id also be keen to find out what's fully involved as read so much online it's hard to understand the terms and not sure if processes are different in different areas!we are just excited to be on some kind of journey moving forward!x

Libbymck

Saturday, September 2nd 2017, 10:50pm

Hi ladies I posted on this thread back in April when I was stil waiting on my letter.. My story so far... I received my letter on may 11th exactly 7months from being put on the list.. I rang that day and accepted treatment and two days later I had a letter with two dates on it one for 5 th June and one for 16th June... At the first appointment it only took ten mins.. Me and hubby got Blood taken and they checked my bmi which was 25.. At the second appointment we collected our meds and our schedule. I was on the synarel spray starting on day 21 of my cycle so I had to wait for 20days as I had just started my period that morning.. I was on the spray for two weeks before I started my bemfola injections.. I had to take the spray alongside these injections for a further 10days..day six of injections I had a scan done and ther was quite alot happening in my ovaries so they decided to take me back a couple of days later for another scan in case I needed egg collection earlier.. Turns out I did but Only one day earlier that scheduled.. So I took the pregnyl injection the night of my second scan.. Then I had a day off from meds before I got my egg collection on the 2nd of August.. U get pain relief through iv but u are awake it was fine but very daunting when I relaxed myself I found it went grand and a tad uncomfortable but definitely bearable.. We retrieved 16eggs and I was wheeled Into recovery wer I was kept for a hour.. Hubby was with me throughout it all.. I rang the next morning and 13 out of the 16eggs wer suitable for icsi and 10of them fertilised I was giving a provisional time for transfer on day three but had to Ring the embryologist that morning to see if it would go ahead.. I rang day 3and all ten embryos wer stil goin strong so they pushed my transfer to day five.. When we got to clinic we wer told that one was top grade above all the rest a 5AA and this is the one they wer transferring and the other nine they wer goin to let them keep developing until the next morning.. Transfer was absolutely fine just like a smear or an internal scan took five mins and we wer sent on our way with a pregnancy test and told to take it 12days later.. I rang the next means morning and none of the other embryos wer Suitable for freezing :-( so it was all on the little one we had on board.. The night of transfer I started the crinone gel.. Which I didn't find too messy like some do.. I had alot of symptoms throughout the 2ww but put it down to the gel.. We tested on day 9 and got our Bfp :) so completely overwhelmed.. I am currently 6 weeks and 3 days pregnant for the first time in my life. I have some sickness. Exhaustion and very very sore boobs.. We have our early scan on Wednesday and I can't wait to pass that hurdle.. Overall I had a good experience with the treatment I didn't have reactions to the meds.. Just few headaches while on the spray.. The injections which I'm terrified about wer absolutely fine and after egg collection the pain for me was minimal.. Just a bit of constipation.. This was our first attempt at icsi due to male factor and I feel so blessed to be in the position I am in.. Praying for a beautiful strong heart beat on Wednesday. Good luck every one sorry for the extremely long post but I wanted so much information when I had just got in the list so thought I'd share my full story.. The wait for the top of the list is hard but goes in fast and once get it everything is a blur . Xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Libbymck" (Sep 2nd 2017, 10:55pm)

Sunday, September 3rd 2017, 1:25am

Thanks libbymck that is very helpful and will have to refer to all that info again when we get our letter! just trying to gather as much info as possible but know we all will have different experiences!exciting and terrifying at the same time! all the best for the scan! lovely tii hear your journey x

Reg: Sep 28th 2016

Sunday, September 3rd 2017, 7:47am

Congratulations Libbymck! Xx

Sl_17

Reg: Jul 26th 2017

Sunday, September 3rd 2017, 9:49pm

Congratulations libbymck! Gives me abit of hope, hoping to hear soon x

Marcy

Reg: Mar 11th 2017

Monday, September 4th 2017, 11:33am

Thanks so much for sharing your story Libbymck, I've just received my top of the list letter so this info is invaluable! Best of luck with your scan X

Reg: Jul 5th 2016

Wednesday, September 6th 2017, 9:25am

Hi Libby :thumbsup:

Just wanted to wish you good luck for your scan today xx

Reg: Aug 11th 2017

Wednesday, September 6th 2017, 10:23am

Hi Libby, Good luck for your scan, hope everything has went well xx

Libbymck

Wednesday, September 6th 2017, 11:06pm

Hi ladies thank u so much for your well wishes.. Scan went very well we seen not one but TWO strong heartbeats.. After having only one embryo transferred its to safe say we wer not expecting this.. Identical twins.. So so shocked but so blessed praying very hard for my babies xx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Libbymck" (Sep 6th 2017, 11:08pm)

Thursday, September 7th 2017, 8:28am

Hi Libby

OMG OMG!! That is so exciting im so happy for you 2 wee miracles its just so unreal, im sure your over the moon, heres to a healthy and happy 8 months

xx

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Reiper67 (07.09.2017)

Reiper67

Reg: Jul 28th 2016

Thursday, September 7th 2017, 6:48pm

Hi Libby

I am so delighted for you. That is absolutely amazing news. Wishing you all the best in your pregnancy. Hoping for 2 healthy babas. All the best. Xx

Sunday, September 10th 2017, 11:25am

Oh my goodness Libbymck, I know I don't know you, but I had a wee tear in my eye when I read your post, I'm so pleased for you!

Reiper67

Reg: Jul 28th 2016

Wednesday, September 13th 2017, 3:33pm

Hi Ladies

I had icis at egg collection i got 7 eggs of which 3 good and 2 fertilised. I had a day 3 transfer where they transferred 2 eggs.
Good news i got my bfp. Done my test on 27th August. Just couln't believe when i say those two pink lines appear. Went for my scan today and i got the best news ever. There was two heartbeats. 2 embroyos. I was just so shocked. I wanted to share my storey to gave other ladies hope. Because i know its a very daunting and emtional journey. Sending baby dust to all you lovely ladies. Good luck to you all on your journey. Xxxx

Ellen1

Reg: Feb 15th 2017

Wednesday, September 13th 2017, 4:19pm

Congratulations Reiper67 that's amazing news! It's so nice hearing all your stories it's what gives me hope! I'm just about to start injections any day now and your so right it's such an emotional journey. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months xx

Wednesday, September 13th 2017, 9:57pm

Ah reiper I'm sooo happy for u two wee miracles cooking in the oven, I've my scan on Monday and I'm sooo nervous I hope and pray for that wee heartbeat or heartbeats it's the most worrying time ever :-(

Hope u have a very happy and healthy pregnancy my love xx

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Children: 1 child natuarlly

Saturday, September 16th 2017, 12:08pm

Hi marcy when did you go on the list? Am waiting on my letter its been 7 months now xx

Marcy

Reg: Mar 11th 2017

Saturday, September 16th 2017, 6:49pm

Hi Daisydo, I went on the list on 22nd Dec and got my letter on 24th August, it took a full 8 months for me. X

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Saturday, September 16th 2017, 7:57pm

Anyone else waiting on donor sperm?

Martha1

Reg: May 16th 2017

Monday, January 29th 2018, 5:05pm

Hi girls had my first scan today 15 follicles on total 8 on right 7 on left ovary . Measuring between 8-10 , lining is currently 8.4. No idea if this is good or not lol. Medication increased from 225 to 300 second scan on Friday so hoping all is ok .

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE