You are not logged in.

Unread posts

• "Letitbe" started this thread

Reg: May 1st 2017

Friday, November 10th 2017, 1:47pm

? Vanishing twin

Hey everyone. We had egg retrieval on 4th October and transfer of 2 x 8 cell embryos on day 3 ( 7/9/17). Got positive result 19/9/17 and hcg was 212. Was due to go for early scan on 9/11/17 but had a bleed on night of 6/11/17. Was more than just spotting and bright red so clinic did scan then. Sonographer found one wee heartbeat and measured as 6w1d. There was another flicker on the screen and I informed the sonographer to embryos were transferred. He scanned over it really quick, so quick I barely seen it and said he said there was a heart beat but it was ‘too small’. I asked him what this meant and again he said ‘ it’s too small’ asked him if that could have caused the bleed and he said ‘maybe’. I then asked if I should just focus on having one baby, he said again the second one was very small but no more than that. He gave me a scan of the first one but nothing of the second. So confused. Does this mean it’s a vanishing twin or did he not say to much as the smaller one still has a chance. Just found him to be very evasive. My husband works away so my mum came with me and she felt the same. I’m due to have another scan 14/11/17 but am so nervous regarding the smaller baby. Any one have similar story with postive outcome?

What's Up?

Sunday, November 12th 2017, 7:35am

You would have to wait for the next scan I am afraid. Sometimes they cannot tell so early.