You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Letitbe" started this thread

Reg: May 1st 2017

Friday, November 10th 2017, 1:47pm

? Vanishing twin

Hey everyone. We had egg retrieval on 4th October and transfer of 2 x 8 cell embryos on day 3 ( 7/9/17). Got positive result 19/9/17 and hcg was 212. Was due to go for early scan on 9/11/17 but had a bleed on night of 6/11/17. Was more than just spotting and bright red so clinic did scan then. Sonographer found one wee heartbeat and measured as 6w1d. There was another flicker on the screen and I informed the sonographer to embryos were transferred. He scanned over it really quick, so quick I barely seen it and said he said there was a heart beat but it was ‘too small’. I asked him what this meant and again he said ‘ it’s too small’ asked him if that could have caused the bleed and he said ‘maybe’. I then asked if I should just focus on having one baby, he said again the second one was very small but no more than that. He gave me a scan of the first one but nothing of the second. So confused. Does this mean it’s a vanishing twin or did he not say to much as the smaller one still has a chance. Just found him to be very evasive. My husband works away so my mum came with me and she felt the same. I’m due to have another scan 14/11/17 but am so nervous regarding the smaller baby. Any one have similar story with postive outcome?

What's Up?

Sunday, November 12th 2017, 7:35am

You would have to wait for the next scan I am afraid. Sometimes they cannot tell so early.