Children: Coventry

Friday, February 5th 2010, 5:34pm

Hey you how are you????

Reg: May 30th 2008

Children: Hopefully soon

Friday, February 5th 2010, 5:47pm

4th go

Hello,

Not been on in a while,my 4th go isnt going smoothly my lining was too thick after down regging so have had to take some pills to bring on period. I have been sniffing since New year and am really fed up with it now, I just want to start injecting but am back on Monday for another baseline scan so hopefully this time my lining will be thin enough. xfingers

Hope you ok its been quite quiet around here. :cuddle

Elliott

Reg: May 27th 2009

Children: Coventry

Friday, February 5th 2010, 5:54pm

Thats a real bummer x It is amazing how many things can change x

It has been very quite but it's good to hear from you xxxx

We are taking a break for a while. Andy wants to just not talk about it for a few months before we decided what to do. So I am doing my best but unlike him I can't just switch the switch off. Men have a very simple way of dealing with these things!

I have not heard from the clinic at all since we lost the last two but I guess thats because the funding has finished. The other two times we got a letter from the consultant but this time nothing???

clog5

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Friday, February 5th 2010, 9:09pm

hi there

thanks for your reply we thought its better to have it done tomorrow rather than today 24hrs hope its worth the extra wait x xfingers

clog5

Reg: Jan 24th 2010

Saturday, February 6th 2010, 2:23pm

hi i know this is a stupid question

hi i had my et today, and i know this is a stupid question, but can the embryo fall out if you use the toilet urintate/opening bowels

?o(

Siggs

Reg: Feb 17th 2010

Wednesday, February 17th 2010, 7:45pm

Hi all, we have our initial appointment at CRM next Thurs so I hope you don't mind me joining in and picking your brains as we are new to IVF :P

Reg: Feb 12th 2010

Children: i have two lovely girls

Thursday, March 4th 2010, 12:02pm

i have read though all you stories i feel like i should not be going to the CRM i have PCOS i have 2 children with my first i referred to CRM and they checked my ovaries thats when they said i had PCOS and i was releasing an egg to go home and try we did and i got PG that was 2 years of trying then we started talking about another baby so thought i would wait for AF to come so it was when my 1st was one well i found out i was PG again this time it took 21 months so far but i am not ov'ing and my OH sperm is a little low can not remember what the results are it just puzzles me how did we get PG before sorry

i loved reading all your stories

my appointment is 10th march for the start i dont know what to expect cant remember much fromthe last time
I have two lovely girls TTC baby number 3 we have been trying for 20 months since june 2008
Got a :BFP: may 2010 but i lost it

Reg: May 14th 2009

Children: We are so lucky - our 'Little Wriggler' Lewis Young arrived safely on 03.09.2010 and we are so grateful to have been blessed again, as he now has a little baby brother on the way :o) X

Thursday, March 11th 2010, 3:55pm

Hi Girlies,

I know it's been a long time but I am finally back!! I'm so sorry that I have been AWOL for so long, and that I have been a rubbish FZ friend but I just had to take a break for a while. As you will see from my ticker it was good news...we got our BFP on the 18th December, and now we have passed the magic 12 week mark I feel able to tell you all that the CRM CAN get people pregnant :D

CHARLOTTE and KATIE - I am so sorry that I have kept you waiting for so long, but to be honest it has all seemed a bit surrreal, even now I don't think I actually believe that it is happening, even though I know that it is!! How are you two doing?

CHARLOTTE - I'm so sorry that your last tx didin't work hun...I was praying so hard for you!! How are you coping with taking a break? I hope you are ok...I have been thinking about you lots blowkiss XXXXXXXX

KATIE - how is your tx going hun? Have been thinking about you loads too. Hope everything is going ok for you now after your long time D/Ring!! :hugs: XXXXXXXX

MICHELLE - how did you get on? I hope it was :goodnews: for you XXXXXXXX

:hello: to all the newbies on here...it's great to see some new faces. GOOD LUCK to you all with your tx xfingers

LOTS of LOVE and LOADS of babydust babydust babydust babydust TO YOU ALL XXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Dec 09 - IVF - BFP - DS#1 EC/S @ 40+6
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Friday, March 12th 2010, 4:21pm

WOW Cindy congrats on your :BFP:

I went to my appointment and the consultant said PCOS can change saying that i can go away on its own oh well so he wants to re-investigate so i need to wait till my next AF so i can do bloods like 2-4 day and 21 day and 28 day so heres to proving him wrong well my last cycle was 68 days and my GP says i am not OV'ing again he does not believe me but just to satisfy his mind i am going to just lie down and take it in a manor of speaking lol but he says it looks like he will have to put me on clomid but i have high risks with this as my mum has twins on her side and my dad has twins on his side my OH mum has twins on her side and his dad has twins on his side so they said theres a very high chance i will catch PG with multiples so a little nervous about that tho

i have read this whole thread so i sort of know what TX people are having can anyone email me a price list for IVF as they forgot to give me one just want to know my option thank you i know a long way off yet

I have two lovely girls TTC baby number 3 we have been trying for 20 months since june 2008

Children: We are so lucky - our 'Little Wriggler' Lewis Young arrived safely on 03.09.2010 and we are so grateful to have been blessed again, as he now has a little baby brother on the way :o) X

Monday, March 15th 2010, 3:20pm

Hi emmajane,

sorry you are having such a hard time convincing your consultant (who are you seeing at CRM?) I hope these bloods will prove him/her wrong and they will then help you move forward. I'm afraid I don't really know much about Clomid, only that I was put on it for my 2 cycles of IUI to help me produce more eggs, but it didn't seem to have the desired effect on me (probably because of my FSH!!) I know they did say that there is a higher risk of mutiples on it though...perhaps they could put you on a lower dose to start with and see how it goes?!

I think I have a price list for IVF, I will hunt it out and e-mail it to you. The prices will probably change in April though, as I think they update the prices yearly!! I hope your cycle isn't too long this time and you manage to have your bloods done so that they can work out a plan of action for you real soon. I look forward to talking to you on here :D

Take care, and LOTS of LOVE XXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Monday, March 15th 2010, 8:17pm

Thanks cindy

well i had Mr Tarek Ghobara on the 10th march but i had another appointment on the 20th april which is a different consultant Ms Agrawal

i don't think i will will have had my AF by then tho but i could be wrong we will see but if i don't get one by then hope they induce an AF heres to hoping

thanks if you can find it can you send it on through as it will be a long way off but get a rough idea how much it can cost

anyone had the IVF drugs from ASDA just wondered as they are ment to selling them for £800 cheaper at like £1,200

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 4:30pm

Hi Emma (is it just Emma, or emmajayne?),

I have sent the price list to your personal e-mail as the attatchments were too big to pm you on here!! I have never heard of either of those consultants...we had a Dr Rai (lady DR) for our 1st consultation, and Mr Keay dealt with us during the IVF, and he was really lovely. I can't help you with the drugs I'm afraid, luckily our NHS go worked so I never had to research how much the drugs were going to cost...I know they cost a fortune though so it's probably worth shopping around!!!!

Hope you are having a good day hun XXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Tuesday, March 16th 2010, 8:25pm

hi cindy thank you well my name is Emma Jane Smith so i don't mind you choose i will answer to anything lol

well i know i will get clomid on the NHS but i will not get IVF on it as i have to children already but i just want to know how much the TX is.

i have had a good day thank hope you did to.xxx

Monday, March 22nd 2010, 2:47pm

Hi EMMA - did you get the price list? Yeah, we got 1 free go on the NHS because we haven't got any children (luckily it worked!!), but next time we will have to pay for it also. It's wierd how rules differ from PCT to PCT and clinic to clinic...my sister lives in Doncaster, and got 2 free goes on the NHS!! I think if you live in Stoke, you don't even get 1 free go whether you already have children or not!! Less than a month until your next appointment now - YAY :D Hope the waiting isn't driving you too mad!! XXXXXXXX

CHARLOTTE and KATIE and ANITA - sending LOTS of LOVE to you ALL as always...hope you are all ok? XX

Hi to EVERYONE ELSE at the CRM XXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Thursday, March 25th 2010, 7:39am

Yes thanks i got the price list cindy they changed the appointment on me as the consultant i am seeing is on study leave on the 20th april so pushed back to 27th so only 7 days not to bad yeah i do have 2 children so i will not have to pay for it thanks for the price list again

Friday, March 26th 2010, 2:46pm

Hi GIRLS,

just wanted to pop in and wish you all a lovely weekend. Hope you are all doing ok.

LOADS of lurve babydust and PMA XXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Monday, April 12th 2010, 8:13am

hey just want some feed back thanks to all that respond i have been looking in to having (when i get PG) birthing center's and can not find one well the question is birthing center or hospital would you justifie the price for it and do you know where the nearest one is sorry for all the question's and thank you again

Reg: Apr 12th 2010

Monday, April 12th 2010, 10:16pm

Hello

i am new here - sorry to start with lots of questions, i will come back later to introduce myself properly.

i have recently been referred to the crm after ttc number 2 for 18 months (my 2.5yo DS was naturally, but not easily
conceived and we had borderline sa's) and i'm curious what the process should be this time around. stupidly we
were in quite a rush on the day so didn't ask properly. the doctor we saw went through the 'questionnaire' and then
arranged a scan for me (not a Hycosy?) and CD2 and 21 (just had this today at CD23 - is that a problem?) and 1 SA. But
she didn't seem very sure what the protocol was and we've now been 'self referred' to the BMI hospital over the way and
this will cost £120 for a follow up to review the results/next steps. is this right? what about if we need to do another
SA or CD21 as we did last time?

i know i should just ring them or email but i don't feel very comfortable with things this time around,
can anyone offer any info regarding this please?
Laura
Miracle baby #2 on board, due 5th April 2011

Reg: Sep 11th 2010

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 6:32pm

Hi ya, anybody having treatment here at the moment???? I am starting iui next week
Namea

TTC since August 2008
Me (33): low AMH
DH (35): low [zx151] motility
Started IUI in October 2010
1st IUI didn't take. 2nd IUI abandoned cycle.
April 2011 IVF/ICSI :BFP:
[zx076] [zx076] seen on 18/05/11 xfingers
28/06/11 twins are growing well
bab21 and bab22

Reg: Apr 21st 2012

Children: DD and DS, now ICSI due to secondary infertility

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 3:11pm

We have just started treatment here at the CRM in Coventry. Had appointment yesterday and have been given all info. It looks like ICSI for us. wow!! It's blown my mind!! Have to go private so next appointment is at the BMI hospital on June 12th. Had all blood tests yesterday, DP's had 3 x SA's (all not very good!), I have a scan and swabs in 5 days time. DP is going to submit another sample for freezing. It's all happened quite quickly, I'm quite surprised thought it would take ages.
Is anyone else getting treatment here at the moment?
TD x
1st ICSI: Oct 2012
Me: Low AMH (2.12) and high FSH
DP: Oligoasthenoteratospermia
26/10/12 EC: 3 mature eggs, 1 fertilised
29/10/12 ET: Grade 3, 10 cell embie
12/11/12 - BFN :-(

Reg: Apr 17th 2009

Children: After Ttc for over 5 yrs 1st Natural preg May 2002 gorgeous DS 2nd natural preg resulted in missed m/c at 12 wks Jan 2004 both with my ex fiancé.

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 5:28pm

Hi Tinydancer,

Its been a few yrs since out tx but I remember thinking it all appended so quickly too. From knowing our only chance of conceiving is with IVF ICSI and starting our first cycle of IVF ICSI was only a few months, We had our first cycle on NHS but had to pay for second cycle, this is where I get confused, you say your having to go to the BMI. Is this for both of your tests prior to tx then you will have tx at the CRM?

If I was just starting to again now I would do it a little differently, firstly I would take my time. All I could think at the time was I was 33 nearly 34 and chances are better before age 35. Big mistake I put myself under so much pressure I was under so much stress pretty much an emotional wreck. Tx works better when u are as relaxed and less stressed as possible. (I know....impossible well almost!)
Do what ever you can to help relax you every day. Maybe try acupuncture or hypnosis meditation any thing that would help stress
Levels. Find out about vitamins for you & partner that will help too.

All our initial test were done at Solihull hospital or our own GP, they never gave us any advice that could help really. You will find out so much on here and you will relieve as much support as you would like.

FZ is amazing I wish I had used FZ prior to our tx, I discovered near end of my first cycle. You will make many friends on here and get answeres or advice about any thing that is worrying you.

Wishing you lots of luck, take care.

Anita xx

Children: After Ttc for over 5 yrs 1st Natural preg May 2002 gorgeous DS 2nd natural preg resulted in missed m/c at 12 wks Jan 2004 both with my ex fiancé.

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 5:31pm

A very special hello to Cindy, Katie & Charlotte if you ever come back on. Hope you are all ok.
Cindy.....wow! So pleased to see you & W had fantastic result number 2. Hope you are all well. Lots of love.

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 6:50pm

Hi Anita,
Lovely to hear from you. The initial tests were all for DP - I have two children from a previous relationship, so he got tested via GP. GP referred to CRM. CRM arranged bloods for him and another SA last month, then we went yesterday for our first appt together. They said as I have children already, we can't go through the NHS. Although agreed to do my bloods and swabs etc as NHS then all following appts at the BMI!

Does this make sense? I#m still not really sure how it all works!
Hope to speak again,

TD x

Thursday, May 3rd 2012, 8:20pm

Hi TD,

Are you actually having the IVF tx at BMI ? If you are paying then its ur choice where you go. We initially had all tests done at local hospital Solihull but we were given a list of 3 hospitals who do IVF to choose from for our fist cycle as this was NHS funded and CRM for us was the closest and I think also the cheaper option.
I'm glad to hear ur DP was initially tested. I too have a Ds from a previous relationship but my GP sent me for tests, most of which were bloods but also sent me to have tubes checked which thankfully are clear, before my now DH ! It turned out my hubby has low sperm and poor quality.
We were told after all tests what our options were, which for us was only IVF ICSI. When you know when your tx will start shop around for the drugs. We were given a perscription which we chose not to take to hospital pharmacy if you tell them they give you a prescription you can take anywhere. I was so shocked how much it varies from hospital pharmacy then street pharmacies, the best quote I got was from a chemist in Tamworth. Will try and get contact details for you and post it on here. I'm sure if we look back at old posts it may already be on here.
Take care.

Monday, May 7th 2012, 10:39am

We're seeing Mr Ghobara, who is lovely. Has anyone else seem him?
He said that all consultations will be in the BMI but actual treatment will still be at the CRM as that's where all the laboratories and equipment is.
One thing that might hold us up slightly is DP's karoyping. Apparently, all genetics are done at Birmingham women's hospital genetics department and due to cuts, it will be months before the genetic tests come back. I didn't really understand the importance of this, but on reading up about karoyping and male infertility then I can see how it would be important to get those tests back before continuing. I'm at the CRM tomorrow, so will ask the nurse about it.
Have also seen all the hoo ha in the press yesterday about how unsafe ICSI is, so I intend to read up a bit more about this too.
Just one more thing, I've read through these posts and it seems the CRM don't like putting two embryos back? Is that true? Would I be able to insist on the transfer of two?
Xx

Monday, May 7th 2012, 9:55pm

Hi TD

I've never met Mr Ghobara, sorry. It seems to have changed so much since our last cycle in 2009. As I already mentioned we had to ave all tests at local hospital Solihull and then we had information meeting at CRM where we were given drugs bag needles, needles bin, syringes everything we needed to begin injections, we also received prescription to collect nose sprays to begin down regging hormones prior to injecting hormone stimulating drugs. We then returned to CRM for baseline scans then returned for scan updates on ovaries response to the stimulating drugs, when scans showed ovaries had produced mature follicles we got booked in for EC my DH had to produce His sample on the morning while I was having eggs collected. We then returned to CRM to have ET procedure.
I'm afraid I know very little regard Karoyping, I hope this doesn't hold you both up too long. You will be able to find out all you need about genetics on different threads. It does make sense to get the results you need for that before proceeding tho as it may change your protocol for your tx.
I never saw the info about Icsi in the press, but I can say that many many ladies have had successful pregnancys and healthy babies following this type of tx.
Regarding how many embeds they will put back if your lucky enough for your embryos to develop to blasto stage then they prefer to only transfer 1 but you can insist I believe. We only had 1 embryo that fertilised in our first cycle but in our second cycle we had 4 that fertilised and we never even had to ask they suggested putting 2 embryos themselves. It all depends on your age the development of the embryos the quality lots of things, but they will try to minimise multiple pregnancys as there are more risks than with single pregnancys.
Good luck at your app tomorrow, hopefully you will know so much more after that. You find it useful to write a list of any thing you need to know about in case like me you forget when your there.
Take care.

deepag

Reg: Aug 17th 2012

Friday, August 17th 2012, 2:37pm

Hi TD

I've never met Mr Ghobara, sorry. It seems to have changed so much since our last cycle in 2009. As I already mentioned we had to ave all tests at local hospital Solihull and then we had information meeting at CRM where we were given drugs bag needles, needles bin, syringes everything we needed to begin injections, we also received prescription to collect nose sprays to begin down regging hormones prior to injecting hormone stimulating drugs. We then returned to CRM for baseline scans then returned for scan updates on ovaries response to the stimulating drugs, when scans showed ovaries had produced mature follicles we got booked in for EC my DH had to produce His sample on the morning while I was having eggs collected. We then returned to CRM to have ET procedure.
I'm afraid I know very little regard Karoyping, I hope this doesn't hold you both up too long. You will be able to find out all you need about genetics on different threads. It does make sense to get the results you need for that before proceeding tho as it may change your protocol for your tx.
I never saw the info about Icsi in the press, but I can say that many many ladies have had successful pregnancys and healthy babies following this type of tx.
Regarding how many embeds they will put back if your lucky enough for your embryos to develop to blasto stage then they prefer to only transfer 1 but you can insist I believe. We only had 1 embryo that fertilised in our first cycle but in our second cycle we had 4 that fertilised and we never even had to ask they suggested putting 2 embryos themselves. It all depends on your age the development of the embryos the quality lots of things, but they will try to minimise multiple pregnancys as there are more risks than with single pregnancys.
Good luck at your app tomorrow, hopefully you will know so much more after that. You find it useful to write a list of any thing you need to know about in case like me you forget when your there.
Take care.

Hi anita

I am new this forum .. but i always read all comments and suggesstion .. it is very usefull.... i did my first ICSI in Conventry CRM but it was failed :-( its through solihull pct.... all reports are normal still dont have any reason.... now i want to try one more time ... as we dont have Car ... and conventry is so far.. for us.. to travel. i am looking for nearby very good fertility clinic but as we are new here .... we dont know which one is the best... could you guide me is the conventry is the best option .... for us. ? if you reply it will be great help for me.

deepag

Friday, August 17th 2012, 2:38pm

Hi anita

I am new this forum .. but i always read all comments and suggesstion .. it is very usefull.... i did my first ICSI in Conventry CRM but it was failed its through solihull pct.... all reports are normal still dont have any reason.... now i want to try one more time ... as we dont have Car ... and conventry is so far.. for us.. to travel. i am looking for nearby very good fertility clinic but as we are new here .... we dont know which one is the best... could you guide me is the conventry is the best option .... for us. ? if you reply it will be great help for me. bye take care...
deepa :?:

Monday, August 20th 2012, 4:12pm

Hi Deepag,

I'm sure when the lovely Anita sees this she will reply to you :thumbsup:

I just wanted to say that I'm sorry your 1st tx failed and that I have my fingers crossed that your next tx will be successful, wherever you decide is best for you to have it. I know there is a fertility clinic in Birmingham but not sure what it is called...I'm sure there is a thread on here ?( I'll have a look to see if I can find it and get back to you XXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Monday, August 20th 2012, 4:17pm

Hi again Deepag,

if you go into GENERAL FERTILITY on FZ home page and then CLINIC FEEDBACK AND CHAT it will show you the threads for the clinics in the West Midlands...the one in Birmingham I was thinking about was The BMI Priory Hospital but there is also another one in Birmingham as well.

Hope this helps.

GOOD LUCK XXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

deepag

Monday, August 20th 2012, 10:18pm

Hi Cindy ... Thanks for your reply dear.... as previously i am the reader..and i am recently registered to this website.... so i am reading this various forums... and feedbacks and there are plenty to read... so i thought i will ask here... dont know what will happen in future... i am loosing my hope now..as everything is normal ...so dont able to decide what to do ...as this time we need to pay ... we want to choose best one... so little confused ?o( .. i hope i will get some good information here..

Thanks oonce again

deepa xxxxx

Friday, August 24th 2012, 1:43am

Hi Deepa & welcome to Fertility Zone,

I'm sorry I have taken ages to reply I have been very busy.

I had only 2 full cycles of ICSI IVF both in the CRM like you Solihull pct, both cycles 2 embryos were transferred back but both cycles never made it.. they funded our first cycle and also gave us a list of 3 clinics to choose from, we chose CRM Coventry as it was not as expensive as the other 2 clinics. (we funded ourselves for 2nd cycle)
There are clinics with much better success rates but the travelling could be a problem. One of the clinics with great reputation however is in the midlands. I can't remember where but I will find out and post ASAP. I'm sure it's actually called the midland clinic.
So sorry I haven't been more helpful!

Our cycles was in 2009 and since recovering emotionally from the difficult deverstation we had applied to become foster carers. We actually went to Panel Tuesday 21st August for the decision of our application that has taken nearly 2 years and we got approval. We are allowed to foster 5 - 8 yr olds this age group because I work part time already so the children have to be of school age plus they have to be 2 years younger than our DS aged 10.

As you may already know there are other lovely ladies such as our Cindy who have had much better experiences at the Crm Cov clinic and you can get great encouragement from them. Please don't get me wrong the nurses at the CRM were fab when I was there both times but I lost faith in the clinic after our 2nd cycle experience.

I will try and pop back tomorrow with better info details of the Midland Clinic for you.

Good luck with your ttc journey,

Friday, August 24th 2012, 1:44am

Me again ;)

I'm sure the Midland fertility clinic is in Aldridge but will confirm ASAP.

Take care.

Friday, August 24th 2012, 1:47am

Hiya Cindy,

Wow not long to go now you lovely lucky lady :thumbsup:

Hope your all feeling great.

Take care.

Friday, August 24th 2012, 3:50pm

Hi,

I had a look today and the clinic that was highly recommended to me is called Midland Fertility Services in Aldridge.
If we decided to do our 3rd cycle I would like to use this clinic. Only problem is it is a little more expensive.
Like I already mentioned if only I had been using Fertily Zone so much sooner, we didn't know about this clinic during the tx we went through.
If you can take your time and gather as much valuable information fom as many different members & users as you can, this will help you make the best decisions for your ttc journey.

Wishing you lots & lots of luck

Take care.

Friday, August 24th 2012, 8:32pm

Hi Anita,

so good to hear that all went well and you have been finally been approved to foster :thumbsup: Really pleased for you X Yeah just 7 weeks to go now lovely lady...can't believe how lucky we are - it still all seems a bit surreal at the minute to be honest!!!!

Great to hear that The Midlands Fertility Clinic is a good one as my BIL and SIL on the waiting list there at the mo :thumbsup:

Will send you a text.

Lots of love XXXXXXXXX

Oct 07 - BFP - M/C
Feb 12 - BFP - DS#2 @ 41
My Diary

Tuesday, August 28th 2012, 7:22pm

Hi Cindy,

Thank you So much! blowkiss

I hope your feeling well and the next few weeks are a breeze too. Enjoy every moment....if possible. high5

Wishing your Bro & Sis lots of luck a nd I hope MFS is as good as I think it is for them. xfingers

Take care.

Saturday, October 27th 2012, 3:35pm

We've just had our EC at Coventry CRM, so waiting for ET (fingers crossed), day after tomorrow.
I can't fault the staff there, irrespective of the result that we get, the nurses have been fab, friendly and informative.
TD x

lou341

Reg: Mar 29th 2015

Saturday, May 16th 2015, 3:57am

Hi all, is anyone else having IVF at CRM coventry at the moment? We are currently having IVF there now. Have been on Buserelin and have baseline scan on Monday. Its our first time having IVF so all very exciting, would love to hear from anyone else also at CRM coventry.

Lou x :)

broma

Reg: Sep 6th 2016

Tuesday, September 6th 2016, 8:10pm

ISCI at CRM Coventry, no eggs fertilised

I want to post a little moan with regards to CRM Coventry treatment I have received from them last month.
I always felt things were a bit rushed through and nothing properly explained. When we came they diagnosed me with low AMH 8.1 and my husband with low sperm count.
They said very low chance conceiving naturaly and our only chance was IVF/ICSI. I naivly fell for it.
They said good idea was to overstimulate me to produce as many eggs as possible, and gave me some statistics.
So we resulted with 5 eggs, 4 of them didn't survive ICSI and one wasn't developing normally.
I felt so heartbroken that I contacted a privite clinic, which told me I have been overstimulated probably and the eggs were of poor quality. Sometimes one good quality has higher chance of success then many poor quality. I asked them if age was a problem. They said not necesserily they treated 48 year old woman with own egg successfully. I was 39 at the time.
Well I must say I would never sign for long protocol IVF/ICSI knowing it lowers the egg quality so that they all burst in the process. I felt because this was though the NHS they didn't feel like explaining things too much.

broma

Reg: Sep 6th 2016

Wednesday, September 7th 2016, 7:20pm

Went to see our consultant today and he explained that with lower stimulation we would get probably no eggs. It's confusing. We may adopt or try donnor egg.. At the moment very sore with grief and temperature. ;(

Reg: Aug 30th 2017

Wednesday, August 30th 2017, 1:34pm

Ivf bmi weigh in

Hi I am about to start ivf at Coventry and wondered if anybody knew when and how many times they weigh you there as my bmi is currently at 30.4 and am struggling to get it lower and only have 2 weeks until my appointment? TIA

3 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

3 guests

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE