You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Janelle132" started this thread

Reg: Mar 24th 2017

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 5:58pm

RFC On waiting list from May 2017

Hey, my hubby and I have just gotten on the list for IVF with ICSI at the RFC on 16th May. I was just wondering if there's anyone else on the waiting list at around the same time. I know the waiting time is around 6-9 months and it might be nice to have a buddy to talk to and maybe go through treatment with x

Reg: Jan 5th 2017

Tuesday, June 6th 2017, 2:43pm

Hi janelle132, not quite may but we went on the waiting list for ICSI 21st febuary. We were told 6months wait but what i have gathered online most people say 9 :( its so hard to wait, we have our wedding coming up in september to so thats keeping our mind off it. Once you reach the top of the list u have to wait then for you appointment everything is a wait lol x

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 1:44pm

Tell me about it, Daisydo! We've been attending the rfc for over a year now and are only just now getting on the list. The waiting is the hardest part of it all. We've come to terms with the fact that we have to do IVF and have zero chance naturally but the waiting kills me.
It's good that you have something else to focus on to keep your mind off it. I'm trying to keep my self but with other things but it's always there in my mind x

Wednesday, June 7th 2017, 7:48pm

We are the same it took us over a year just to get on the waiting list, my partner has a blockage so we know to that it will never happen naturally. I have weeks where i be fine and dont think about it then all of a sudden i be in tears crying at one born every minute or even when family members have had their babies, it really is such a hard thing to go through. I hate the way there is no definate answer for the waiting list some people have waited 7 months others 9 ?o( how are your family with the news you need IVF, no matter how many times we tell them it cant happen natually they always say "you never know what mite happen" it drives me mad i hate even talking about with them x

Thursday, June 8th 2017, 2:42pm

My husband has a blockage too! So we are in the exact same boat, zero chance of it happening naturally. Only our parents and one close friend knows about it all, so we don't have too many people asking about it. That's the reason I didn't tell many people we were even trying to begin with. I've had the whioe you never know thing from a few ladies I've been talking too on forums though, some people just don't really understand the whole zero sperm thing. Im the same with being ok for a while then being upset, normally around my period with all the hormones and the reminder that I'm not pregnant and even though I know it isn't going to happen it still upsets me when my period arrives.

gmcb0409

Reg: Jan 27th 2017

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 12:24am

IVF with ICSI @rfc

Hey lovely ladies, we where put on the waiting list back in January we too where told 6months and at the time I thought 6mths omg I can't wait that long..... I seen on here if you ring you may get a better answer so I did ring a month or so ago and was told the waiting time is 6-9mths which would take us to August/September
I just wish it was now!!!!!!
I too have good days and bad some days I can talk about it all other days I'm an emotional wreck!!! As for one born every minute.....well it's a programme I wouldn't miss but I bawl every time I see it....... who is your consultants? Ours in Dr Williamson
ICSI is our only choice as my hubby has a lot of anti bodies in his sperm! This would be a dream come true for us...... 4yrs ttc!

Wednesday, June 14th 2017, 8:23am

Hi gmcb0409, it really is so hard waiting. It's the worst part, I've gotten over the fact we have to do icsi, though it was a massive shock when we were first told, but there's just so much waiting. We had to wait 3 months after hubbys biopsy just to get an app to get on the waiting list. We've been rtf for over 2 years now, 4 years must be tough! At least you're getting close now.
Our consultant is professor McClure, who is really nice. He kind of puts you at ease x

CQCQ

Reg: Jul 7th 2017

Friday, July 7th 2017, 4:12pm

Hi ladies, this is my first time here so bare with me please!! I have been reading through all your posts and just thought I would join in as it sounds like we could be in a similar position!! Our fertility problem also lays with the fact that my husband has a blockage (heartbreaking) we where put on the list on 25th April so the dreaded wait has only begun!! We where told 7-9months!!

Tuesday, July 11th 2017, 11:41pm

Hi there CQCQ, i havent been active for a while so didnt see your post, the waiting list just feels like forever its awul, i am going to just keep thinking 9 months in my head so i dont get disappointed. Its one of the hardest things i have been through n my life its so hard to stay postive x

Reg: Jan 12th 2017

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 7:29pm

Hi ladies I'll share my story. I was on the waiting list for 8 months. There were ladies on the list after me or around the same time as me who were seen before me. When i rang up they said not everyone gets seen in chronological order. It all depends on their situation and medical needs etc. Some peoples treatment lasts 6 weeks and some last 8 weeks. The wait is unbearable but now that i am in the middle of treatment the time is going by so fast now and I'm due for egg collection at the end of this month

Thursday, July 13th 2017, 8:39pm

Aww thank you for letting us know pricklypear, good luck on your egg collection, id say it even feels like forever until that after waiting so long, i wonder does age or having a child already affect waiting times at all! If its 8 months il be looking at around november x

Thursday, August 24th 2017, 4:28pm

Hey ladies, sorry I haven't been on here in ages, been trying not to focus on it all too much in the hope it'll not be on my mind all the time (wishful thinking lol).
CQCQ, so sorry that your husband has a blockage too, it's such heartbreaking news to hear. It really threw me and my hubby, thiugh I have come to terms with it now and am just so happy that he is producing sperm so we don't have to go down the donor sperm route. We were told between 6-9 months so I'm thinking the 9 months end so not to get my hopes up early. We're on the list from 16th may so around Feb for us I think x
Pricklypear, thanks for sharing your story. The waiting really does suck but at least you're there now, I also saw on another post that you got your bro first time so big congratulations to you! It's great to know that it can work first time! Wishing yoi a happy and healthy 9 months x
Daisydo, November isn't far away! Fingers crossed the time will go quickly for you x

Reg: Jan 12th 2017

Thursday, August 24th 2017, 9:59pm

Thanks janelle im over the moon . Its a long wait and its all i thought about the whole time but once you get that letter things start happening very quickly. I signed at beginning of sept 2016 and got my embryo tranfer at beginning of august 2017 so from start to finish it was 11 months. Then the dreaded 2ww and got my bfp on 18th aug. Baby dust to all of you ladies starting out xx ;)

Reg: Jul 5th 2016

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 8:29pm

Please girls do not give up hope I'm 39 never had a positive preg test in my life and just been through my first ivf (frozen) 2 blastocysts just got my positive this morning I'm so unbelievably happy xx

Bow40

Reg: Aug 24th 2017

Saturday, August 26th 2017, 9:05pm

Oh brill - massive congratulations! Xx

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 7:31pm

Congratulations, allthatglitters! I've never had a positive pregnancy test either, no chance of it happening naturally for us as my husband has a blockage. I can only imagine your joy of actually getting that positive!
Can i ask did you go though the nhs for your treatment? We were told that they would probably only transfer 1 embryo at a time, I'm just wondering why you had two implanted. I've seen a few other ladies here saying they had two implanted just wondering if it's more common that they suggest at the clinic x

Reg: Jul 5th 2016

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 9:28pm

Hi Janelle thanks I actually am still in shock! I'm so sorry about your husbands blockage is there anything that can be done? Yes I'm through nhs I had 19 eggs retrieved at the end of April but took mild OHSS SO they decided to freeze the 5 that fertilized to give me the best chance. They thawed the 5 and 2 grew to blasocysts. Dr tang eho was working that day said if we wanted to put tge 2 in that would be fine as they couldn't be refroze my partner and I talked about putting 2 back before this as I decided I couldn't go through another ivf because of the emotional pain so I was so glad he suggested it. I hope it sticks xxxx

Sunday, August 27th 2017, 10:00pm

They can retrieve sperm surgically and fertilise the eggs using ICSI so its not too bad, just means that there is 0% chance of it ever happening naturally.
Fingers crossed that they both stick for you and wishing you a healthy and happy 9 months x

Lee1234

Reg: Aug 31st 2017

Thursday, August 31st 2017, 10:02pm

New to this

Hi Everyone, I am new to this and have never been on a forum but came across this and I feel like I can talk to u's, me and my partner have been through all the procedures and r now on waiting list for icsi since June this year. We were told 7-8 months but from reading peoples posts it seems longer? Is this right? :-(

Friday, September 1st 2017, 9:09pm

Hi Lee1234, we are on the list from May and were told around 6-9 months for the waiting list. From what I have read on here I think it'll be 6-9 months until you get the letter then it seems to be another few months until you actually get to embryo transfer. I don't really know for sure though. The waiting really is the worst part of it all! So far we have been waiting for 3 months and it already feels like it's been a year x

Sl_17

Reg: Jul 26th 2017

Saturday, September 2nd 2017, 10:06am

We have been waiting from middle of march we are on the list for icsi too, the waiting is awful seems like it's never gonna happen, I phoned on Tuesday they told me 6-9 months though I would like to know how long you have to wait from you get top of the list letter until you actually start treatment anyone any idea?

Reg: Jul 23rd 2017

Saturday, September 2nd 2017, 4:11pm

From reading the threads it looks like a month or two from letter is received
Anniebell shy1

Sl_17

Reg: Jul 26th 2017

Sunday, September 3rd 2017, 9:16pm

Thanks Anniebell waiting time is awful x

Sunday, September 3rd 2017, 11:27pm

It really is. Im waiting on donor sperm and they have none at the moment, they are waiting on a shipment. Sucks cause I am at the top of the list but yet Im still waiting :-( :-(
Anniebell shy1

Monday, September 4th 2017, 5:16pm

That really sucks, Anniebell! I hope you get some doner sperm soon. I thought we might have to use diner sperm too as all my hubbys semen analysis had zero sperm, thankfully they were ablr to extract some sperm surgically but I do understand how hard it must be too come to terms with it all and to have extra waiting time on top of that must be so hard. Fingers crossed the doner sperm comes through quickly for you x

Monday, September 4th 2017, 6:47pm

I really hope so. It has been a long process already so extra waiting is horrible. I hope all goes well for you xx
Anniebell shy1

Lee1234

Reg: Aug 31st 2017

Tuesday, September 5th 2017, 11:18am

Thanks for the reply Janelle132, It can be hard waiting even when they told us an estimate time of treatment, plus I'm planning my wedding for next year and I know that it might sound selfish but I want to enjoy my wedding but I keep putting off booking too much incase the treatment falls on top of the date, so do I put wedding off for another while or just plan and see how it fairs out??

Tuesday, September 5th 2017, 1:21pm

Lee1234, could you ask the clinic if there's a way to postpone the treatment for a month if it fell around your wedding? They may be able to do that, people do need to get on with their lives. If you had a holiday or something booked you'd need to be able to postpone and a wedding is bigger than that. I know waiting longer is the last thing you probably want but at least you could get on with your life in the mean time x

Tuesday, September 5th 2017, 4:28pm

Guys, when you get the letter you can choose to suspend treatment for three months. You can only do this once. They told me that last Friday
Anniebell shy1