You are not logged in.

Unread posts

• "klm17" started this thread

Reg: Jul 14th 2017

Friday, July 14th 2017, 9:56am

What to do when no eggs fertilise

Hi everyone,

Just after some advice really , after going through icsi treatment we had the devastating phone call yesterday that. None of the eggs fertilised . We had 7 eggs collected so thought we had a good chance. This all started back in 2010 when I was diagnosed with Endometriosis , I was still quite young so had various treatments to try and help it . After me and my husband got married in 2015 we wanted to start trying straight away after 8 months of trying I spoke to my gynicologist about it who advised given my condition we may need ivf . So they did the various tests needed and we were told that my husband had poor morphology and low sperm count. We were gobsmacked . We then got told icsi was the best way forward. I don't understand how people can go into this and not get their hopes up . As I said we had the dreaded phone call yesterday that no eggs had fertilised. How do people get past this? When we started the treatment we were told we would get 2 cycles but how long do you have to wait to start your second cycle and is there any reason they would stop the second cycle ? I'm worried incase something has gone horribly wrong and they tell us it's a waste of funding

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?

Friday, July 14th 2017, 1:19pm

I'm so sorry to hear you had no fertilised eggs. I haven't been in your position but can imagine how devastating it must be. Have your clinic offered a follow up or counselling? I would seek these as soon as possible..

Hopefully your clinic will have learned a lot about you on this cycle and can tailor the next one accordingly. You said your partner has very low morphology so they may well want to discuss other options such as donor sperm.

Good luck with the road ahead and take care.

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Reg: Feb 11th 2013

Children: 1 Labradoodle, my furry baby

Friday, July 14th 2017, 1:21pm

Hi, really sorry to hear what u r going through, generally most clinics do a follow up appointment a week or so later to discuss what happened and if there is anything they would do differently 2nd time around, I think they like to give it a bit of time for the news to sink in. Don't give up hope I have seen a number of ladies on here go through numerous treatments then get things tailored to suit them and it works, we were lucky on our 2nd attempt. It is a difficult journey
Pip :thumbup:

1st IVF Nov 2013 - mmc (blighted ovum)
2nd IVF ICSI sept 2014 - freeze all
Dec2014 FET :BFP: :BFP: it's twins xxx

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests