Unread posts

jessta

• "jessta" started this thread

Reg: Dec 6th 2009

Children: none

Saturday, April 3rd 2010, 7:21pm

Anyone with epilepsy doing IVF/ICSI?

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has epilepsy who is undergoing IVF? ICSI. I have had it since I was 14 and am on medication which totally controls it and is the safest one to be pregant on - Lamotrigine. I also have endomtrisis and DH has low sperm count, motility, mobility (usual story - ehen it rains it pours). I have searched the web but there is next to no info on this.

I am currently on Day 9 stimms with ER scheduled for Wednesday. Would be great to hear from anyone.

Jx

What's Up?
Finally I'm a mummy!

Saturday, April 3rd 2010, 8:09pm

Hi honey,

I just wanted to stop by and wish you all the luck in the world for your cycle. I too have had epilepsy which started in puberty and was fully controlled by meds for years and years. As I had been fit free since 1993 I decided in 2007 to see how I went without my meds so I was weaned off slowly. Thankfully I have remained fit free (and am currently touching wood) but had things not worked out quite so well then I was going to be switched to Lamotrigine too. So although I don't really consider myself to have epilepsy anymore I can still totally appreciate and understand your situation. We just had our first cycle of ICSI a few months ago and are now awaiting the start of our 2nd. I hope all goes well for you. Take care xxx

TTC since 2007

PCOS/High ATA's/MF issues/Immune issues/Hidden C+

ICSI 1 :BFN:
ICSI 2 :BFP: mmc
ICSI 3 :BFN:
DICSI 4 :BFP: chem pg
DFET 5 :BFN:
DICSI 6 (Immune protocol) :BFN:
DICSI 7 (Immune protocol) :BFN:
DFET 8 (Immune protocol) :BFP: : D
Finally blessed with a beautiful :girl: on 28.11.15, 8Ib 12

jessta

• "jessta" started this thread

Reg: Dec 6th 2009

Children: none

Sunday, April 4th 2010, 11:10am

Thanks Claire Bear

I hope that the second one goes better. I have tried taking my self of the meds but still get the absence seizures when I do so think I am stuck on them but at least they seem to be reasonably safe although you do start asking questions when you combine the higher risk of birth defects with ICSI... guess you just have to risk it.

Strangely enough - when we first thought of getting preganant before we knew about DH - we were worried about my epilepsy. This has now totally gone out the window and we haven't even thought of it.

Anyhow - am just tring to take it in my stride and not be too obsessive. As you would know - pretty difficult when all you think about everytime you to talk to DH is that it is happening soon.

Hope all goes well with you this time round.

Jx

What's Up?
Finally I'm a mummy!

Sunday, April 4th 2010, 12:15pm

Thanks! Wishing you all the luck in the world too! xx

TTC since 2007

PCOS/High ATA's/MF issues/Immune issues/Hidden C+

ICSI 1 :BFN:
ICSI 2 :BFP: mmc
ICSI 3 :BFN:
DICSI 4 :BFP: chem pg
DFET 5 :BFN:
DICSI 6 (Immune protocol) :BFN:
DICSI 7 (Immune protocol) :BFN:
DFET 8 (Immune protocol) :BFP: : D
Finally blessed with a beautiful :girl: on 28.11.15, 8Ib 12

Hatern97

Reg: Mar 2nd 2017

Thursday, March 2nd 2017, 7:52am

About epilepsy

Hi honey,

I just wanted to stop by and wish you all the luck in the world for your cycle. I too have had epilepsy which started in puberty and was fully controlled by meds for years and years. As I had been fit free since 1993 I decided in 2007 to see how I went without my meds so I was weaned off slowly. Thankfully I have remained fit free (and am currently touching wood) but had things not worked out quite so well then I was going to be switched to Lamotrigine too. So although I don't really consider myself to have epilepsy anymore I can still totally appreciate and understand your situation. We just had our first cycle of ICSI a few months ago and are now awaiting the start of our 2nd. I hope all goes well for you. Take care xxx
Hello dear, i just read your post and i would say i am proud of you, you are the best, good think what your disear is under control, hope your meds will keep you that way, good luck dear!
Hi honey,

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE