You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "positivity30" started this thread

Reg: Nov 24th 2016

Thursday, November 24th 2016, 6:46pm

Bleeding before test day

hey ladies, i have been only a guest all these days reading your posts but never posted anything. congratulations to all of those with BFPs and good luck to the ones D/Ring or waiting for EC/ET. :)

This is our first cycle of IVF. I am 30 years old with history of moderate endo. I am currently on Day 10 post 5 day blasto transfer.

On day 8 I had a brown stringy discharge post ET when i wiped but thats about it. On reading about it here it seems to be a fairly normal thing to happen.

HOWEVER, tomorrow is our OTD and all day today I have been bleeding watery blood(good enough to fill half a pad) and cramping stomach and back ache. I used ClearBlue digital in the first urine of the morning and got a 'Not Pregnant' indication.

the flow has not been as heavy as AF.I have taken the day off to rest and have been reading all the posts here but i would like to know if i should still have some hope? Me and DH spoke about this and have prepared to face the outcome either way but do not want to get our hopes too high.

I called the clinic and they have asked me to repeat HPT with first urine tomorrow morning and then get in touch (we were originally using ClearBlue Digital with 25iU minimum detection, my accupuncture therapist has asked me to use ClearBlue Early Detection instead for tomorrow as it has a lower detection threshold (10iU)).

My concern is if the bleeding continues would the HPT still pick the HCG levels if i am pregnant?

Has anyone on here had watery bleeding followed by a BFP or am I living in a false hope?

Thanks all!

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Thursday, November 24th 2016, 9:14pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I'm afraid in my experience bleeding before or on test day has always led to a failed cycle. Depending which pessaries you are taking and which drugs you were on the bleed may be lighter than a normal period but stopping medication will bring it on as normal. The fact you had a negative test this morning would also indicate that it isn't going to be good news.

I have however seen some happy ending from people who have early bleeds and until you've taken another test on your official test day you can't be 100% sure.

Treatment is such a roller coaster and you seem to be well prepared for either outcome. One of the best pieces of advice I was given was to approach the first cycle as my trial run. It was a chance for my clinic to learn about me and for me to learn about treatment. If it had worked it would have been a bonus.

I really hope that it all works out well for you. Xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE