You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "LoopyLotty" started this thread

Reg: Sep 9th 2016

Children: 2 boys - ages 12 and 7 years old

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 12:45pm

Down regulation and coffee!?

Hey guys! I'm currently on day 5 of my down regulating and not sure whether I should be cutting caffeine completely? Ive cut down to 1 cup a day. Ive cut out alcohol completely and have a healthy overall diet. Plan to cut the coffee completely once I start stimming but am I ok to have the 1 coffee a day during down regulation.
I'm not sure if I can make it through the day without it!! ;-) any advice from people in the know would be so grateful!!
Thanks! :-)

Onewish

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 24th 2010

Children: one beautiful daughter at last!

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 1:48pm

Hello again!

Well for me I never cut it out completely so the fact you have cut down to one cup and plan to cut it out once stimming sounds perfectly fine to me.

My motto has always been ... you have got to do what feels right for you. You don't want to be wondering what if! X

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET
4th ICSI - Gennet Prague BFP!!!!
:girl: shes arrived!!! 1.6.14

My Diary - Onewish's ICSI journey

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 4:37pm

Hi again! :-) I know it's so difficult as so many things online about certain foods and things you can drink to help improve your chances of success. I just want to make sure I'm doing all the little things I can to help me if I can.

If you could offer me any advice on things you feel worked for you please let me know! :) X

Onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 6:04pm

I would definitely say make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the whole cycle but I think the best advice I received was as long as you are eating as healthy as you can be to just carry on as normal otherwise you give yourself further worries and stress and stress is not good. The Ivf roller coaster is stressful enough as it is! This was from our consultant!

However that of course is easier said than done!

For my successful cycle which I think really made it work had nothing to do with lifestyle and all to do with the steroids I was on and the fact I had a hysteroscopy and biopsy prior to EC which I think aided implantation. Oh and a whole heap of lady luck!!!

Try to Relax and if I can help along the way feel free to ask! X

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Sunday, September 11th 2016, 10:46pm

Onewish has said it all so well. I really think ( and this is my opinion) that a daily cup of coffee won't hurt things. On my two successful cycles I had a cup of tea every day. I didn't drink any alcohol and ate healthily and excercised ( running) up until embryo transfer day. I think it's important to try to relax and not over think things. I really think this helped me. Good luck xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Monday, September 12th 2016, 11:02am

Thank you ladies for your really helpful comments. I really appreciate the advice and am so happy you both have your beautiful babies as a result :-)

Trying to relax and take a day at a time, so difficult though to not keep thinking what if i do this or this or this ;-) I suffer with hashimotos autoimmune disease so am just nervous about implantation and miscarriage at the moment but my doctor doesn't seem too worried so i guess thats a good thing! i hope! I've heard lots of things about steroids and baby aspirin which can be taken after embryo transfer to assist implantation so going to discuss this with my doctor at some point..and see if we can do this.

I've had a lovely cup of coffee this morning and got some raspberry leaf and nettle tea lined up for the rest of the day yuck! haha :)

I was under the impression running wasn't recommended once stimming has started incase of twisting the ovaries or something like that. You exercised right up to transfer day though and you were ok? I'm hoping to keep going to my gym and doing some low impact exercising as don't want to gain too much weight as i struggle to lose weight due to my hashimotos.

Xxx

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Monday, September 12th 2016, 2:40pm

I was doing a frozen cycle so no stimming involved - not sure what the recommendation is for exercise and stimming xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Onewish

United Kingdom

What's Up?
Will we, won't we...?

Monday, September 12th 2016, 9:26pm

I was told not to over do it whilst stimming more for comfort I think, but light exercise should be ok. I think the real time to ease things up is after ET.
It seems so long ago now but check with you doctor if unsure.

I had steroids and aspirin and do believe that's what worked for me so definitely ask if you think it's something that may benefit you. Xx

TTC = 10 yrs +
4 ICSI 1 FET