You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Rodeogirl" started this thread

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Friday, February 19th 2016, 9:37pm

severe low back pain after stopping progesterone

Hi ladies

Found out last Sunday that our first IVF cycle was unsuccessful. On test day I developed severe low back pain and the following day I could hardly stand or walk due to spasms and pain. Bleeding still hadn't started so clinic said the pain was unusual as pain can start after bleeding begins and after stopping progesterone pessaries as the ligaments and muscles in the lower back and around the uterus start to loosen off and soften. Clinic asked me to do further daily tests which were all negative and bleeding eventually started 4 days later but it's been either spotting and less than a day of light bleeding. Is this normal? I was expecting a heavy bleed. Back pain is still bad but thankfully the spasms have stopped now. Has anyone else has severe back pain after stopping progesterone and how long does it last for? Thanks
:xxx3:

blowkiss

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 5:19am

Sorry to hear you were unsuccessful. After my last cycle I had severe discomfort from EC onwards which I put down to the pessaries I was using. It did slowly ease but I was still feeling sore after my BFN and stopping them.

If the pain is severe I would speak to your clinic again xx

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

• "Rodeogirl" started this thread

Reg: Aug 29th 2015

Children: 0 earth babies & 3 Angels, 1 failed fresh cycle of a double embryo transfer xxx

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 4:17pm

Thanks Curlytails. The back pain has eased a wee bit but its still there. That's almost 12 days since I've stopped taking the progesterone and its still sore. I had hoped it would have gone by now. I'm still waiting to hear back from the clinic about my follow up. I'll give them the 2 weeks and if I don't hear by then, I'll chase them up and mention my back is still sore.

xx
:xxx3:

blowkiss

1 user apart from you is browsing this thread:

1 guests