You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Amanda11

• "Amanda11" started this thread

Reg: Jul 13th 2009

Children: two beautiful girls

Monday, July 13th 2009, 4:15pm

IVF + PGD (Gender selection)

I am a mother of two girls and i want to balance my family by having a son. We have been trying to have a baby for a few years now without joy.I am looking for a clinic which would offer ivf and pgd (gender selection) i am on a low income so need a clinic which is reputable. I was however interested in clinics in Europe or the USA in countries where it was legal, through family balancing. My budget could stretch to about seven or eight thousand. We would be able to get a loan and pay it off as this is more important to us than holidays and other luxury comforts. that is why i asked if anyone knew of a reputable one through experience or word of mouth.

Ros

Megastar

Reg: Mar 14th 2008

Children: twin girls thanks to PGD!

Monday, July 13th 2009, 4:39pm

Hi Amanda, welcome to FZ and the PGD pages.
I do not know of any clinics who do this as all the girls going through PGD on FZ have to go through this due to genetic issues such as translocations which mean they either miscarry or there could be problems with the baby.
I wish you luck on your search, as it is not legal in the UK I suggest looking for forums in the USA for Europe (if it is legal there, I do not know) as you are more likely to find people with experience of this.

After 5 years of endo surgery, clomid, 2 x MM/C, 2 x ICSI cycles and 1 PGD cycle,
beautiful twin girls born 8th Feb 2010, we are so grateful

Eeyore

TECHNICAL ADMIN

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 27th 2005

What's Up?
Manners are appreciated
and free to use

Monday, July 13th 2009, 4:57pm

Hi again Amanda

As I said on my previous reply to you, your post could be quite upsetting for the majority of our members, which is why I moved your last thread into the 'trying again' section.

Perhaps you aren't aware that fertilityzone is a forum for women with fertility issues?

Most of our members have been through years and years of heartache and invasive medical procedures to try to realise their dream of parenthood, so can you please be mindful when posting that the majority of our girls will have no idea about 'balancing' a family of girls by having IVF only to have a boy, as all they long for is one child and I am sure that *most* of the girls on here will not be able to relate to your situation as, to them, a child is a child, no matter what the sex.

Have we supported you? Can you support us?

CLICK HERE FOR FERTILITYZONE SUPPORT & MEMBERSHIP

My journey has now ended. 6 babies in Heaven.

'It'll be all right in the end - if it isn't all right yet then it isn't the end!'

pamelag088

Superstar

Reg: Oct 20th 2008

Children: tj born 20/11/09

Monday, July 13th 2009, 5:05pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Eeyore

Hi again Amanda

As I said on my previous reply to you, your post could be quite upsetting for the majority of our members, which is why I moved your last thread into the 'trying again' section.

Perhaps you aren't aware that fertilityzone is a forum for women with fertility issues?

Most of our members have been through years and years of heartache and invasive medical procedures to try to realise their dream of parenthood, so can you please be mindful when posting that the majority of our girls will have no idea about 'balancing' a family of girls by having IVF only to have a boy, as all they long for is one child and I am sure that *most* of the girls on here will not be able to relate to your situation as, to them, a child is a child, no matter what the sex.

Here here

Reg: Feb 9th 2009

Children: One precious little son born 2/2/10

Monday, July 13th 2009, 5:32pm

I agree whole heartedly that I wouldn't care what sex my child will be I'll be happy whatever.

Keep happy and healthy xxx

Amanda11

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 3:05pm

Hi, I am sorry if i caused anyone any kind of distress. I have been trying for the last four years to concieve a child . I had a laporascopy two years ago and am still unable to concieve. I thought that if i were to go through the IVF route then pgd would also be the best bet. Once again i am sorry but i did not intend causing anyone any hurt whatsoever. ?(

Reg: May 1st 2008

Children: I'm going to be a mum :) fingers crossed!

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 3:15pm

?(
Hi, i was just wondering why you feel you need to "balance" your family? and what would happen if you fell pregnant and had a girl naturally? would you always resent that child for not "balancing" your family...i would hate to think i was only concieved for this reason alone.....
maybe you worded your thread slightly wrong im not sure, but please remember just how lucky you are to have a family to balance, many women would give their right arm to have what you have....end of the day a child should be wanted for no other reason, than to be loved and cared for, not to "help mend a broken marriage or even balance a family"
I dont want to come across harsh, and i wish you luck in your journey, but maybe take a step back and look at what you have in life, and be thankfull, your one of the lucky ones, trust me :O
bab10 bab11

Tilly and Samuel born 2.2.10 bab21 bab22

IVF May 2009 BFP

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Tuesday, July 14th 2009, 3:25pm

Hi Amanda,

You didn't offend me hun. It is just hard for most of us on this forum to understand your position because we have struggled so hard to conceive and/or carry even one child. I think that where you are coming from is that, after trying for a few years to conceive a third child, that IVF is now the way forward for you. And, as you will be going for IVF then you are looking at PGD as an option to balance your family. I have no doubt that if you had another little girl that you would love it in just the same way that you love your existing children.

xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

Amanda11

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 11:23am

I feel i have to reply to yopur message in an honest way. Off course if you are trying to concieve and someone else is trying for more children you are going to feel hurt. In this life everyone wants more and people strive to make their lives better. I have a very friend of mine who suffered for years and her marriage nearly broke down. Because she could not concieve.So i do understand how everyone is feeling. I appologised whole heartedly but instead of accepting it you chose to critisize further. Yes i would like to have one more children to balance my family. I would love to have a son. Why would that be so offensive to you, We all want more out of life. It is a human trait. Why can't we just understand each others needs and help each other? In answer to all your questions if i had another girl i would cherish and love her in the same way. [zx028]

Amanda11

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 11:25am

Reply was for Betty Boop

Reg: May 1st 2008

Children: I'm going to be a mum :) fingers crossed!

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 11:33am

:innocent:
Hi Amanda, best we leave it, but id like to point out i didnt chose to critisize you further, i was infact just saying how i felt, i did infact wish you luck on your journey!
bab10 bab11

Tilly and Samuel born 2.2.10 bab21 bab22

IVF May 2009 BFP

pamelag088

Superstar

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 1:23pm

Amanda I dont think its the fact you want more children as there are many women on here tryinf for 2nd or 3rd after natural I think IVF is a very very difficult and hard journey, Many women have had 3+ and know how hard it is to go through it time and time again with no pregnancy.
I think going ahead with the gender selection would lower your chances by quite a lot of having a successful IVF as all eggs that were collected would then be tested for sex and the female eggs discarded which seems harsh to us women who only produce maybe 1 or 2 eggs in first place but I do see your point that if you were going to have IVF anyway you feel would be a good time to do it.
I just want to make you aware this would lessen your chances of having a pregnancy and dont want you to go ahead spending a lot of money without realising how hard a road it is without discarding eggs that could lead to a possible pregnancy as they are female.

I wish you all the luck in your journey hun

JENSQUI

Megastar

Reg: Feb 26th 2007

Children: one very special daughter

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 1:27pm

Quoted

Originally posted by pamelag088
I think going ahead with the gender selection would lower your chances by quite a lot of having a successful IVF as all eggs that were collected would then be tested for sex and the female eggs discarded which seems harsh to us women who only produce maybe 1 or 2 eggs in first place but I do see your point that if you were going to have IVF anyway you feel would be a good time to do it.
I just want to make you aware this would lessen your chances of having a pregnancy and dont want you to go ahead spending a lot of money without realising how hard a road it is without discarding eggs that could lead to a possible pregnancy as they are female.

there is another method, rather than PGD, which is done by sperm selection before fertilising the eggs.

xx

me 38, DP 44, ttc since 2005
BFP May 07 - HB seen @ 8 wks but CRL only 7 weeks, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Jan 08 -m/c @ 11 wks (D&C)
BFP Jun 08 - early loss
BFP Dec 08 - HB & CRL ok @ 8 wks, but sac too small, m/c @ 9 wks
BFP Apr 09 - Martha born 9th Jan 2010
BFP Feb 12 - Eliza born 13th Oct 2012

pamelag088

Superstar

Wednesday, July 15th 2009, 6:27pm

I stand corrected. :D

Laura75

Reg: Jun 9th 2009

Children: 2 kids

Sunday, July 26th 2009, 9:00pm

PGD

Sorry for coming in on this conversation but i have had experience in this department so wanted to give you my experience. I have two lovely little boys conceived naturally after one month of trying. I started trying for a third and really wanted a girl so we tried the selnas method (a complete scam where they send you a calendar which never coincides with ovulation anyway) and realised that it was never going to work so started trying again, still hoping for a girl. One year on i have still not conceived and am just yearning for another baby. Although i cry every time i get my AF i feel that not conceiving and trying every month (feeling the disappointment) is a GOOD thing. If and when i eventually do conceive i will appreciate being pregnant ... i honestly could not care less what the sex is. I can not believe that i ever thought that was important! I have a friend who is currently doing IVF for family balancing , the same friend who cried for one month when she found out the sex of her third child (another boy). People do not realise how tough IVF is or how tough infertility treatment is. I feel humbled by the courageous women on this website. I feel blessed that i have two healthy children. I have been lucky. Even if number three never comes along i am still the luckiest gal in the world.

Reg: Oct 8th 2015

Wednesday, November 4th 2015, 9:28am

RE: IVF + PGD (Gender selection)

I am a mother of two girls and i want to balance my family by having a son. We have been trying to have a baby for a few years now without joy.I am looking for a clinic which would offer ivf and pgd (gender selection) i am on a low income so need a clinic which is reputable. I was however interested in clinics in Europe or the USA in countries where it was legal, through family balancing. My budget could stretch to about seven or eight thousand. We would be able to get a loan and pay it off as this is more important to us than holidays and other luxury comforts. that is why i asked if anyone knew of a reputable one through experience or word of mouth.
My sister in law had it done in Poland through the help of this medical tourism company named PlacidWay. As far as I can remember the total cost for her PGD is $4,146. but that was 2 years ago. You can just check it online or you can just also contact PlacidWay for sure they will entertain your inquiry.

miamiamo

Reg: Aug 9th 2015

Monday, November 23rd 2015, 5:29pm

Yes indeed PGD is much cheaper in Poland then in other European countries, being perfomed with high success rate. But (I can be wrong) sex selection is not allowed in Poland.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE