Unread posts

Clucky14

• "Clucky14" started this thread

Reg: Jul 17th 2014

Children: Adopted son

Thursday, August 27th 2015, 12:59pm

Having FET next week, need advise please

Hi peeps,
i am going to Prague next tuesday to have frozen embryo transfer and wondered if there are things i should be doing now to prepare for it? or on the day?
I have read somewhere about not wearing nail varnish etc but do not know why?
Thank you in advance and any info will be greatly received
Claire x :)
Claire ?o(

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Thursday, August 27th 2015, 4:19pm

I've not read about nail varnish for ET but my clinic advise not to wear any strong deodorant or use perfumed shower gels before transfer. I think it is because your embryo is vulnerable when it is in the catheter and they don't want anything to interfere with it.

Good luck x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Thursday, August 27th 2015, 9:47pm

Hi clucky

My clinic don't like you to wear deodorant, perfume, make up or nail varnish, not sure why I never asked lol just did what they said

Good luck with your fet hope you get your bfp

Xx
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Clucky14

Friday, August 28th 2015, 12:14pm

Thank you curlytails and sasha. I have also been reading posts about pineapples, so I'm out to buy them today lol.
Claire ?o(

Reg: Mar 17th 2014

Friday, August 28th 2015, 10:27pm

Hi clucky
We had our treatment done in prague few months ago and nobody hasnt mention anything about keeping clean on et. However having 1st treatment in my local I was told not to wear any perfume, no nail varnish etc for ec. I did the same for et. Though I think you can wear nail varnish cos your not going under anaesthetic. Between ec and et I avoid using body spray, femine wash (I use olive soap which I got it from Holland and Barratt shop to replace femine wash) and I use roll ons for underarms till 2wws. I also told my hubby not to use body spray or aftershave even though he wasnt allow in theatre with me for et.
Whats the name of clinic yr going on Tuesday? :) im sure you could email your co ordinator and she'll be able to advise you
Good luck!
X
Hubby: Antibodies
Me: None
IVF/ICSI
EC: 12th Feb ET: 15th Feb BFN: 28th Feb
Gynem clinic, Prague EC: 8/6/15, ET: 12/6/15, OTD: 26/6/15 :BFP: :heart:

Clucky14

Saturday, August 29th 2015, 7:36pm

Hi Shamrockgal,
Now that you mention it i think I'm getting confused between the two, because it makes sense when you are going for an op...just swiddling my thumbs looking for positive things i can do while i wait for tuesday to arrive, it feels like i should be doing something!!
I am going to Arleta ivf in prague, they have been great answering all my questions and i emailed my coordinator too and she said there is nothing for me to do in advance as everything on scans was great.
Did you travel back the same day?? that is a concern i have after fet, as we have a 2 hour car journey back from clinic to hotel and on the night we have a 3 hour plan journey home :rollseyes:
Apart from perfume etc is there anything else you did?? i have brought walnuts today because i think i read something about them lol
claire x
Claire ?o(

Reg: Mar 17th 2014

Sunday, August 30th 2015, 1:05am

Hi clucky

Sounds like your well pepared for this treatment! :) im sure whatever your doing is fine go along what you think its best.

I tried these nuts and to be honest it didnt last too long like a day. I just didnt like the taste of it. During 2ww I didnt do anything rash, took super easy like...eat (plenty of protein, antitoxants) sleep, rest and very very little housework esp especially early 2ww....housework can wait! I drank lots of water and had pint of milk every evening along with dinner. I tried not to stand too long in kitchen I found I get tired easily and needed to sit down....dont worry you will know! :)

We had our et on fri morning about 12.30pm and we boarded the plane on monday at 5pm. There was no flight available next day so we had no choice but stay extra few days! You would laugh at this... on our last day going home, we had to wait around all day in centre of prague to pass the time, so during that time I wore leggings and tee shirt and running shoes then when we got to airport I went into toilet and put on extra clothing like jogging bottom and wore jacket and scarf (it was in middle of june!) cos I knew they always have cold blast air conditioner whenever your inside the plane...so its the reason why I wore extra clothing... your suppose to keep your body warm especially around your belly and your feet.

Regarding about long travelling....i wouldnt worry about it plenty of women have gone through long distance and got pregnant so whether its short or long journey I dont think it makes any difference, just along as your partner carry luggages and any heavy bagages. I just carried my hand bag lol :)
X
Hubby: Antibodies
Me: None
IVF/ICSI
EC: 12th Feb ET: 15th Feb BFN: 28th Feb
Gynem clinic, Prague EC: 8/6/15, ET: 12/6/15, OTD: 26/6/15 :BFP: :heart:

Clucky14

Monday, August 31st 2015, 10:27am

Hi Shamrockgal,
I bet you got some funny looks lol...I am thinking leggings and big comfy hoody for on the way home and i might get some fluffy bed socks, just to wear on the plane hehe.
Thank you for the advice x
Claire ?o(