BeeS

Ace

• "BeeS" started this thread

Reg: Oct 31st 2009

Children: Two little boys born March '11 and Sept '13

Saturday, January 31st 2015, 11:12pm

Fertility Apps

Hello all

Can anyone recommend a Fertility monitoring app? I have an iPhone. There seem to be loads so I'm not sure where to begin. I'm particularly interested to know which might be good for more uneven cycles.

I have had amenorrhea due to PCOS for many years, though I have happily conceived two babies with the help of drugs to get me ovulating. But in the last 5 months or so I seem to have had a cycle of sorts. It's not quite regular though it's basically once a month and the bleeds vary a lot from short and light to quite heavy but it's quite interesting for me to figure out whether whether I might be ovulating naturally again for the first time since I was a teenager! I'm still breastfeeding my 16 month old and I'm wondering if that has had any affect on regulating my hormones.

Thanks in advance

Bee
Bee

PCO/Amenorrhea. Resistant to Clomid. Success with Gonal F ovulation induction.
DS1 born Mar 11 and DS2 born Sept 2013

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 2:26pm

Hello Bee :wave:

Nice to see you on here again! Sorry I am going to be spectacularly unhelpful and not offer any suggestions but just wanted to say hi. It's good that everything has become a bit more regular though - my cycle has been more regular since I had DD and stopped bf (when DD was 15 months), maybe that has something to do with it?

Hope someone comes along with a more helpful answer soon!

xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

BeeS

Ace

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 7:06pm

Hello Net and thanks for your reply!

I think lots of us have found things different after pregnancy / breastfeeding. After stopping feeding DS1 at about 17 months I had 3 bleeds before things petered out to nothing again. This time things seem a bit more regular for now although I guess it might not last again. Funnily enough I've also felt my metabolism had changed. I am slimmer even though I'm eating like a horse. I'm guessing it's all to do with breastfeeding hormones / PCOS etc. Of course the bleeds themselves don't necessarily mean I'm ovulating and that's what I'm interested in finding out. Especially as we'd like one day to try for another...

I see from your signature you've been busy lately - keeping my fingers crossed for you. Lots of love
Bee

Reg: Nov 3rd 2014

What's Up?
Pink twins on board :-)

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 8:27pm

Hi Bee, I used a couple of apps at one point. One was fertility friends ovulation calendar and the other was pink pad. Both were quite easy to use. I remember there were loads to choose from and it was quite confusing to choose.
Good luck! x
Ttc 7 yrs
Immune issues.
3 iui BFN.
IVF Nov 14 BFP :give_heart: :give_heart: It's TWINS!

2 beautiful girls arrived 8/6/2015, 7 weeks early but perfect. Kayla Grace 4lb1 and Sophia Faith 4lb 3.

Clare

blowkiss

BeeS

Ace

Sunday, February 1st 2015, 11:18pm

Thank you Clare glad those apps worked for you. Yes, the choice is confusing! Perhaps I should just take pot luck.

Congrats on your twin pregnancy! X
Bee