You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Beth86

Reg: Mar 31st 2013

Children: None - trying for first

Wednesday, June 12th 2013, 6:59pm

How did u get on cheree. I hope it went well xxx

Reg: Jan 27th 2013

Children: 1 - this is secondary infertility due to fibroid blocking my right tube

What's Up?
Gutted - where do we go from here

Thursday, June 13th 2013, 9:54pm

Hi Beth,

Thanks so much for remembering, it went really well, I have funding for two treatments which is fantastic we are over the moon :thumbsup: [zx126]

We now have to wait for the HFEA letter to come through so I can call up and try for tx that month xfingers it soon as I'm due on [zx245] around 22 Ne June - consultant says it takes 10-14 days to come through and I've got 10 days until I'm on so please letter come by Concorde not carrier pigeon please xfingers xfingers

I must say was really impressed with my consultant - rosa she explained everything brilliantly and put us at ease straight away :idea:

I asked about open evening for you and the next IVF night is 31st July :thumbsup2:

It's all systems go now sooooooo excited and nervous at the same time woohoo :weehee: [zx126] [zx014]

Just hope I get accepted first time but kind think it will be July I get accepted then start drugs mid August either way ill be happy

Looks like the threads are going to busy July n August he he

Hope every one else is good :xxx3:

Cheree's - journey to holding my little bundle of joy']MY DIARY[/url]
Me: 38 DF:40 1 DD 17 from previous relationship
TTC 4.5 yeas
Fibroid top right of uterus blocking my right tube
1st IVF cycle Sept/Oct 2013 :BFN:
2nd IVF cycle April/May 2014 :BFN:
3rd FET Dec 2014 :BFN:
Not sure where we go from here going to take a break

Reg: Sep 14th 2010

Sunday, June 16th 2013, 8:20pm

hi hope sorry for the late reply ive had my op done and they found out theres a break in my uterus wall this is why my ivf has failed dr wants to try and fix this with another op and an mri but i dont ssee the point now as me and dan aint together anymore hope ur well hunni xxxx

ICSI july2011 :BFN:
FET oct 2011 xfingers

Bride2B

Reg: Jun 18th 2013

Tuesday, June 18th 2013, 7:33pm

Hello Everyone:)
I'm brand new to this site and I'm already so glad I found you all!
My story is quite long (to long to type on my phone) but after TTC for 2.5 years an ectopic at the beginning of this year and many dissappointing months, I finally have my first app at St Marys.
Can anyone tell me what expect from here (in brief of course as I know it's far from simple)
Really looking forward to getting to know some people in the same situation as me xx
BFN Louise xx

Children: 1 - this is secondary infertility due to fibroid blocking my right tube

What's Up?

Thursday, June 20th 2013, 7:55am

Hi B2B,
:hello:
Welcome to the St Mary's thread, have you had your pink proforma tests? If not you will have your bloods scan and ursine sample taken at this appointment and DH will book in for his SA sample, normally a week later, then you wait for your consultant letter, normally takes two months to receive it then a month, later is the date you attend. At consultants appointment you will be told your results and tx route. If is all as expected you will be told your ready to start, you then have to call on your first day of AF to see if they can fit you in....

I hope all goes well on your journey hunny, :xxx3: babydust

TTC 4.5 yeas

What's Up?

Thursday, June 20th 2013, 9:59pm

Hi ladies, hope everyone is well

Just a quick update the which flew in this morning [zx245] so rang the clinic to start tx , clinic said they would ring back in 72 hours to let me know if they have agreed I can start tx this month xfingers xfingers xfingers :angel2:

I'm not expecting a yes so won't be too disappointed as they said don't expect to be accepted first time, will just have to wait and see.

:xxx3:

TTC 4.5 yeas

Reg: Oct 23rd 2010

Children: One gorgeous little boy through IVF

Monday, June 24th 2013, 8:49pm

Hi ladies,

Just wishing everyone lots of luck with there cycles, hoping to see lots of BFP.

Just wanted to say a special hi to my ex cycle buddies... Hopeful, Chloe, linzndan, and last but not least holly.

Hope- wow Harrison is already 15 months that's crazy. Jenson is 8 months and is crawling, he's into everything too. I still have to pinch myself, and I know just how lucky I am to have him. He's adorable.

Chloe- oh I'm so pleased for you and DH, it takes special people to be able to adopt. That's certainly you! I wish you so much luck hun, please keep me updated on how you get on. I will keep all crossed for you. So lovely. So glad I popped by, I often think of you all.

Linzndan- I'm so sorry to hear that you and your partner are no longer together. I hope your okay hun. Sorry to hear about your uterus wall, there's only you that can decide whether to go through with the op, but your still young and you may find that you meet someone else who you would like to have children with. Again, I'm so sorry hun.

Holly- how are you Hunni?

1st IVF Cycle Dec 10- :BFN :bawl:
2nd IVF Cycle May 2011- :BFN :bawl:
3rd IVF Cycle Sept 2011- Chemical pregnancy...BFN :bawl:
4th Icsi/ARRAY Testing cycle-Dec/Jan - : :BFP: :happy:

baby Jenson arrived safetly on the 01/10/12 baby7

Nickyw

Reg: May 5th 2013

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 3:40pm

Hi Everyone

sorry I've been out of the loop - I have been reading but have failed to get my arse in gear to actually write anything! I'll update my own diary later with the full details but here's my little rant for now...

Since the Teach Appointment (where I was missed off the list and am not sure we were actually taught anything) I've...
1. Seen the counsellor at St Mary's - free for the time you are having treatment and beyond and was really VERY USEFUL :thumbsup2:
2. Seen the practice nurse at my GP (once I'd got past the receptionist GRRR!) about my fears about injecting which was also VERY USEFUL :thumbsup2:
3. Waited for AF [zx245]
4. Got AF and called in to start drugs....waited all day for a call back today and now have to go in for more bloods tomorrow morning - does anyone who has cycled before know if this is normal? Results tomorrow afternoon so hopefully start on Menpur tomorrow evening... :hmm:
5. Got call back from group therapy session at St Mary's and have that tomorrow too... nailbite

It's all go!

Super scared now... :sniff:

Cheree - I'm so sorry we won't be cycling together! :-(

Everyone else - Hi if I've not already said it and I promise to be better at updating! :S

Nicky x
Nicky
Our TTX journey...

Me: 36
DH: 34
TTC since 12/08
Clomid throughout 2012 with no success
AMH level 1.95 December 2012
Hysteroscopy to remove fibroids 16/1/13
Waited 3 months to recover

Called in to start ICSI 5/5/13
Told someone woud be back in touch within 72 hours!!!

Nickyw

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 3:48pm

It's a YES!!!

Injections start today... [zx216]

Nx

babydust babydust babydust
Nicky
Our TTX journey...

TTC since 12/08

What's Up?

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 12:11am

Excellent news Nicky, your on your journey, you must be so thrilled but full of emotion at the same time. Can't wait to hear all your events over the coming weeks.

Want to know more about your counselling sessions and what help your GP provided did she run through the injection process in more detail?

Sending you lots of love, hope and support .... If you need me any time PM me n have a chat I'm always here...

babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust

Cheree xxx

TTC 4.5 yeas

Asha81

Reg: Jun 28th 2013

Friday, June 28th 2013, 5:29pm

Hi guys

My name is Joanna and Im so happy I found this thread... I hope to start IUI this cykle at St Marys but phoned them this morning and still waiting for a call back... :( Could u please let me know how long u were waiting for a call back from the nurses?? ?o(

Nickyw

Friday, June 28th 2013, 8:51pm

Hi Joanna

Welcome to the thread :hi: & good luck with your treatment! :goodluck:

They phone back within 72 hours. When I phoned in on a bank holiday Sunday it was Monday they called me back and I had my scan, bloods and teach appointments within about 10 days. I called again on my next cycle to see if I was to start injecting and they called back that afternoon. I then had to go back for more bloods on day 2 and was called back around 3.30pm that day to be told to start injecting. [zx065]

It all too MUCH longer than I had expected!! :headache

Good luck and keep up updated on how you get on... :angel2: :xxx3: babydust

Nicky x
Nicky
Our TTX journey...

TTC since 12/08

Asha81

Friday, June 28th 2013, 9:35pm

Thank you Nicky!!!
Im still waiting... I just want them to tell me are we starting our IUI this month or maybe next... :/
How have u managed work around all appointments and scans? I am so stressed out about it...
How u getting on with ur injections??

Nickyw

Saturday, June 29th 2013, 8:54am

Hi Joanna

Fingers crossed for your call back today. xfingers

I know what you mean about the stress of juggling work and scans and bloods and appointments etc. :pullhair: I'm lucky to have a great boss who knows what's going on and he's very supportive. I also have a job where I'm not in the office all the time anyway so I haven't had to explain to other colleagues. Is there someone you could confide in at work at all? Luckily most of the appointments are from 7.30am once you get started but obviously there are going to times during the day and periods when you might need some time off...it's SO difficult and you don't need the added stress. :comp:

All I can advise is to cocoon yourself as much as possible and try not to arrange things over this period. :hugs: :hugs:

Good luck and let us know how you get on. :angel2:

The first 3 days of injections are done. Not a big fan I'd have to say and I tend to have a down and tired period a couple of hours post injection. Today I start on my second injection as well - 450ul Menopur plus 0.25 cetrotide - we'll see how that goes! [zx005] [zx005]

Nicky x

babydust babydust babydust
Nicky
Our TTX journey...

TTC since 12/08

Asha81

Sunday, June 30th 2013, 5:08pm

Still waiting for them to call me... Im thinking if I should call them?!?!

Nickyw

Sunday, June 30th 2013, 5:12pm

Hi Asha

I'd call the first thing if you haven't heard. It will at least give you peace of mind.

Fingers crossed for you.

Nx
Nicky
Our TTX journey...

TTC since 12/08

Asha81

Sunday, June 30th 2013, 7:33pm

I will call them tomorrow morning. But I think this month is gone... ;( ;( ;(

How r u feeling with new injections Nicky??

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Asha81" (Jun 30th 2013, 7:34pm)

What's Up?

Sunday, June 30th 2013, 9:58pm

Hi ladies,

Hi Clare - thanks fore the good luck for us newbies x

Hi Joanna - welcome to the thread, I had to call up this month and they didn't get back to me, I ang on the Thursday didn't hear anything so rang them Saturday morning, it was no call back next month.... It's bad because all you can think of is the phone call... I agree with Nicky, I would call them tomorrow morning, you might be surprised and get a yes xfingers xfingers you do :goodluck:

Hi Nicky, I know it's hard lovely but your on day 3 and all is going well, I know the side effects must be horrible but it will be worth it in the end sending you big :hugs: and lots of love blowkiss

AFM - I'm having a real down day today - feel depressed and its not like me at all, to be honest I've been like this since last weekend, I think it's frustration as I want to get going and my life is on hold coupled with nerves of this is it, what if it doesn't work

C xx

TTC 4.5 yeas

baba222

Reg: May 2nd 2013

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 2:23pm

good news!

Hi, Cheree
I know you're probably waiting for a private message from me, but I thought I will share this with everyone, as I know how much we all need this kind of news and how much we "feed" on the hope they bring (you already know what I'm about to write, don't you).
So, for those of you who don't know, I had my day 6 FET last Monday. Yesterday I did a test and I wasn't really sure whether I could see a "shadow of a shadow" second line or I just really wanted to see it. So this morning I repeated the test and... :BFP: It's a very faint second line, but it's definitely there! Of course, if you remember my story (if not, you can read it on the previous page), for me it's only a small part of a success, as I keep m/c my pregnancies, so still a long way to go, but, nevertheless, I'm so grateful to God and all the staff at St. Mary's for getting me to this point.
Lots of love, B.
blowkiss

What's Up?

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 4:25pm

Hey Baba

Huge congratulations so so happy for you a DP - :congrats: :BFP: :BFP: :BFP: :congrats: [zx052]

Great news for us st Mary's ladies who are just starting or started treatment :weehee:

What protocol was you on you may have told me put will take me ages to look back...

:pray: :angel2: that LO stays with you and all is a success which I'm sure it will be :sticky: :sticky: :sticky:

You've but a great big smile on my face baba made up for you Hunni xxxxx

TTC 4.5 yeas

baba222

Reg: May 2nd 2013

Friday, July 19th 2013, 1:32pm

Hi, Cheree
How are things? Did AF arrive? Have you requested tx?
Take care, Everyone.
B.

What's Up?

Saturday, July 20th 2013, 9:36am

Hi baba

Thanks for remembering , yes [zx245] flew in Thursday , called clinic, they called back yesterday, refused again :pullhair: :tears: I don't know any one refused twice on here? Had a bad day yesterday, sick of feeling this is consuming my life so decided to live a little gona book a holiday abroad at the end of August.

How are you doin? What's next for you? Xx

TTC 4.5 yeas

Reg: Jul 23rd 2013

Wednesday, July 24th 2013, 10:08pm

Hi cheree. I'm new to this forum I'm having Icsi it's our first cycle started injections today :) We were refused 3times then they made us an appointment for teach We went and did that an collected meds then 3days later af arrived I called again to say I was cd1 and was on a short protocol and had had teach and was in today (cd3) for bloods and scan 16 decent size follicles seen :). So please please don't give up hope they will fit you in and it always seems everyone gets there turn before you but they do try not to go over 4months with each couple

What's Up?

Wednesday, July 24th 2013, 11:24pm

Hi bevncurt,

Yes they said that to me on the phone, that I could get refused next month too and on the 4th month they will ensure you get an appointment - I just hate it when your waiting for treatment and feel like your life is on hold. Not too disappointed as we can go away now next month then the month after will be a definite as we will be at the 4 months mark - good luck with your treatment this month wishing you every success xxx

TTC 4.5 yeas

Reg: Aug 8th 2013

Thursday, August 8th 2013, 6:00pm

st marys manchester!x

Hello, hope you dont mind me jumping in the conversation but i am also attending st marys for fertility, i had all my pink performa tests around 3-4 months ago and recieved a letter this morning for an appointment to see dr c. fitzgerald... does anybody know what is likely to happen at this appointment?? will it just be to discuss my results? look forward to hearing from you all..... Francesca xx

me and partner both 25.. been together 10 years and been diagnosed with pcos.. ttc 5 years and finally been referred to st marys :) :) :thumbsup:

Reg: Aug 15th 2013

Thursday, August 15th 2013, 8:09am

refered to st marys yesterday.

Hello everyone, I'm new on here and looking for guidance. I have been referred to st Marys for ivf from my local hospital yesterday. I've got a damaged left tube but due to many ops for crohns I cannot have an op to rectify it. They took all the blood tests yesterday and they advised that the next I would hear would be st Marys. She told me it could be 18 months before I start a cycle of ivf??? Is that normal as reading on here it can be as little as 6 months from referral. I'm 31 and everything else seems to be working ok. I'm so excited to start. If anyone can give me advice on what to expect as I have no clue. SO EXCITED!!!!

What's Up?

Saturday, August 17th 2013, 10:19pm

Hi Francesca great news on receiving your cons letter, your consultant will go through all your test results with you, let you know what course of treatment you'll b on and run through your consultation forms with you. Once this is complete you will have to wait a few weeks for the forms to be sent to HEFa and their letter to be retuned to the clinic then u can call up on each period to request tx I called up three times and has just been accepted this time, you can be refused up to 3 times but then they have to take you on the fourth request. What date is your appointment?

Hi lorna - I don't know about 18 months but it is a long wait I've only had to wait 9 months , you'll have to wait a few months for the letter from your hospital to go to st Mary's and for them to send you the initial pack and explain what you need to do to start your pink performa tests once you've had these you'll have to wait what feels like an age for me it was 3.5 months for the letter tome through with consultant date then around six weeks to see a consultant then you'll have to call up each period until accepted for tx.

Wishing you both lots of luck - babydust

Cheree xxx

TTC 4.5 yeas

Reg: Oct 13th 2013

Sunday, October 13th 2013, 3:57pm

first appointment

Hi there. Im new to this site. Ive got my pink proforma tests tomorrow. Ive got such a mix of emotion, im excited to finally be getting somewhere but nervous about the result. I think its great being able to read about other peoples experience as i havent found anywhere where i can talk about how i am feeling and get support and information when its needed. Thanks

What's Up?

Sunday, October 13th 2013, 8:31pm

Hi lindzee

I just wanted to pop by and say hello, this thread has been quite for a while now, if you've read above you'll see I went for my pink proforma in Jan and on the 5th September I started my first cycle, so it does take a while to receive your results back. If you want to ask me anything regarding St Mary's or this site just shout. I'm wishing you all the luck in the world on your new journey Hun blowkiss

TTC 4.5 yeas

Tink21

Reg: Oct 21st 2013

Monday, October 21st 2013, 9:52pm

Thanks every1 got sharing your stories it really helps I'm 33 and was diagnosed with sever endometriosis 3 years ago after ttc for years , after many ops I had my pink preforma a couple of weeks ago,they found another cyst and left tube blocked :( and we would here from them in 12 weeks . The waiting game is driving me mad its already taken so long to get here I just want to get started time is against me with endo coming back . It's been great to read through your stories and get a better idea of what happens , hope your all well
Thanks for letting me share / or should I say rant :)

What's Up?

Monday, October 21st 2013, 10:09pm

Hi tinks,

The waiting is the worse part, ad through the whole process it's a waiting game the only good thing is the time frames get smaller. I'm sorry to hear of your recurring endometriosis. I wish you well on your journey. I would imagine you'll be starting treatment in the new year exciting times xxx

TTC 4.5 yeas

Reg: Apr 26th 2011

Children: none

Monday, December 16th 2013, 8:47pm

:hugs: Hi guys,

Sorry iv not been on in such a long time, I just wanted to say hi and I hope your all well.

To my old cycle buddies

Clair, how is life with jenson? like he has always been there I should imagine. I hope your all well, i'll put a little update at the end here. :xxx:

Linz, I was sorry to read about you and dan hun, I don't know how any of us managed to stay together through any of this so stressful. Hang in there though and it's fantastic that they actually followed up your BFN I feel we didn't get that. I hope you meet someone special and finally get your dream. :xxx:

Hope, how are you? how old is little Harrison now? or not so little. ha

Well a little update from me, we have just finished our Adoption home study! Yayyyyyyy! our panel date is the 19th of march then we are told it will move very quickly. We have asked to be blessed with two sibblings, any gender age around 1 and three but would equally be as over the moon with 1. The whole process has been fantastic, at the start it was about us now it's about helping a child. I wish we would have done it years ago!!

Hi to every one else at st marys and I wish you all luck.

I hope you all have a fantastic Christmas, We will definitely be making the most of the celebrations as hopefully the last as a couple. :cheers2:

:xxx3:
Me33 Dh32 TTC6Y unexplained
ivf oct 2010 Bfn
IVFapril 2011 BFN

FET SEP 11 BFN

FET JAN 12 BFN

Oct 14 adopted two gorgeous girls
Never looked backxx

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "chloe301" (Dec 16th 2013, 8:49pm)

Reg: Oct 13th 2013

Friday, February 21st 2014, 8:20pm

Hi everyone. Me and my husband have our appointment with the consultant on 20th March which is coming round so fast. I don't know what to expect at this appointment, if anyone can help that would be fantastic. thank you :)

What's Up?

Friday, February 21st 2014, 9:56pm

Hi Linz,

They will go through the forms with you that you have to sign then they will go through what the cycle will be like and such like. Once you have your forms back from HEFA you can start to call up to request treatment, they can refuse you up to 3 times but have to take you on the fourth call.

I wish you every luck with your tx Hun xxx

TTC 4.5 yeas

AWT

Reg: Sep 30th 2014

Children: None

Tuesday, September 30th 2014, 4:28pm

ICSI

Hi All,

Is it very likely that we will be refused for up to 3 times to start the 1st cycle? :(

I just cant wait to start but i will obviously wait but it's a bit disappointing....

Please let me know what your experiences have been/are?

Thank you.

AWT XXX

What's Up?

Tuesday, September 30th 2014, 10:42pm

Hi AWT

Great to here your nearly at the start of tx, it's a great feeling isn't it, I have had two fresh cycles and I am abou to embark on my first FET, both my fresh cycles I had to wait three times until I got accepted, on my FET I was accepted after two periods, so not as long. I wish you every success.

My experience have been mixed, use this site to gain knowledge as STmarys don't have all the answers so to speak, I treated my first time as a trial and tried to improve things each time, fx you won't need anymore tx than your first.... To give you hope I know two ladies who got pregnant first time at ST Mary's so it does happen....

All the best xxx

TTC 4.5 yeas

2 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

2 guests

FERTILITYZONE