You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "jenny73" started this thread

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Saturday, August 2nd 2014, 2:41pm

Array with Embryoscope: any experiences?

Hi

Got to my egg collection this morning and there were two invoices waiting for me: one for array cgh (as planned) plus one for Embryoscope (time lapse imaging.) the suggestion was that we use both concurrently, although was acknowledged that the embryos would have to come out of the Embryoscope at day 3 anyway.

I was annoyed as we haven't budgeted for the extra 750£ that the Embryoscope costs and it was my understanding that array is by far the better analysis medium (I used Embryoscope on my last cycle and I ended up miscarryng).but

The cynic in me thinks that getting the patient to sign up to both of these processes means that they can really ascertain how accurate the Embryoscope is.

Have to add that not my clinic that is pushing for this added process but rather their satellite that carries out the embryology.

Does anyone have any experience of this? If so, please post ASAP.

Thanks, JennyJenny
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

rb76

United Kingdom

Reg: Dec 28th 2009

Children: One angel and her twin, our gorgeous little miracle

What's Up?
Looking forward to 2014 :)

Saturday, August 2nd 2014, 3:51pm

This is all very new technology and I agree there is likely to be an element of them wanting the results for their own purposes.

We have used array cgh (own eggs) and embryoscope ( donor eggs) and to be honest I'm not sure you need both if you're having array cgh? As that will tell if you the embryos are chromosomally normal anyway?

If they want the results then they should use the embryoscope free! Me personally, I'd tell them you can't afford the embryoscope as well and that you're paying for the array cgh to tell you about the chromosome normality/ or not, but that if they want to use the embryoscope they are welcome to..

I agree it's all so expensive in the first place! A real rip off when you go abroad and find the same thing is half the price
Good luck!

Me - 36 DH - 48. TTC since 2008
March/April 2013 Immune DE ICSI Gennet, Prague :BFP: [zx076] [zx076] :girl: :girl:
Diagnosed with severe pre eclampsia at 23 weeks :(
Babies born by emergency c-section at 24 weeks on 30th August 2013, One beautiful little angel passed away shortly after birth. Sleep tight sweetheart x :heart:
My Diary

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "rb76" (Aug 2nd 2014, 3:57pm)

• "jenny73" started this thread

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Saturday, August 2nd 2014, 5:37pm

Hi Ros

Thanks v much for replying. I think you are right re array and not needing Embryoscope as well. I am minded to suggest they use it and they can have the data they collect for free!

This was discussed whilst I was in theatre waiting for EC. I had to be v firm and say I didn't want to discuss it there and then. This is my last cycle and the sums of money involved are stressful enough as it is.

Xxx
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

Reg: May 30th 2010

Monday, August 4th 2014, 10:42pm

Just sending big hugs and plenty of babydust for your cycle xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE