You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "BeckieGray14" started this thread

Reg: Feb 11th 2014

Friday, February 21st 2014, 6:05pm

Rubella

Hi ladies,
I really need some help/advice...I'm due to start gonal f tomorrow, but all of a sudden there seems to be a problem! I KNOW I had my MMR injection when I was a baby, but a recent blood test is saying that I'm not immune? I've tried going to to my GP and it turns out that my medical records are missing! I don't know what to do??

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:baby:

Friday, February 21st 2014, 8:16pm

Sorry to hear this. Rubella is one of the important tests that the clinics insist on testing. I am surprised that you were started before they got the result as I don't know how long it takes to get immunity after vaccination. Have the clinic said you cannot start gonal f?

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Friday, February 21st 2014, 10:23pm

Sorry to hear this. Rubella is one of the important tests that the clinics insist on testing. I am surprised that you were started before they got the result as I don't know how long it takes to get immunity after vaccination. Have the clinic said you cannot start gonal f?

I had a blood test in August and it showed that i was immune, but when i was at the hospital today for my baseline scan, the nurse said that the blood test I had on Monday didn't show that I was immune. I know I had the MMR jab when I was a baby because my Mum worked at a doctors surgery. The Dr from the hospital said that they are happy for me to start on the gonal f as long as I can get written confirmation from the Dr, but we moved back in 2001 and my medical records from 1987 to 2000 have some how been "misplaced"

We're sooooo close to finally starting ICSI....I just feel like crying ;(

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Saturday, February 22nd 2014, 1:33am

Can they not test for rubella? It was one of the tests I'm sure I could have had as I went private x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Saturday, February 22nd 2014, 12:34pm

I had a blood test in August which showed that I was immune against Rubella, another blood test on Monday which showed that I wasn't immune, and another one yesterday which has also come back showing that I'm not immune. I don't understand how I was ok in August, but 6 months later, I'm not? I know I had the injections when I was little. They can't start anything until I have written confirmation from my GP saying that I had both parts of the MMR injection, but for some reason my medical notes from when I was born up until 2000 have been put into storage and none of the information about immunisations I had as a baby were put onto the computer?! I've got to wait until Monday when the Practice Manager is back at the doctors surgery so that she can go and check, but apparently she's very busy and will do it as and when she has time! I've now missed the chance to start ICSI this month which is so disappointing and upsetting, and it's all because things weren't logged properly at my GP ;(

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Saturday, February 22nd 2014, 6:18pm

Hi

What an awful stress for you just as you are about to start. I hope you can get to the bottom of it and get it sorted quickly. I don't understand how your immunity could wane over the six months, but I guess it must be possible otherwise they wouldn't test? (unless an error was made with the first test....??)

The only thing I can say is that it will be much better to go into the cycle knowing everything is in order. I understand how deeply upsetting it is, but perhaps for the best as it wouldn't be good to go into it so stressed. Try and garner your strength for a try very soon. Maybe do something this week that you wouldn't have got to do if you'd been cycling?

Very best wishes

Jenny x
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

Reg: Aug 16th 2012

Children: We have a beautiful little girl and a boy now expecting another little one

Saturday, February 22nd 2014, 10:24pm

Hi I had my mmr jab when I was younger too and previously shown on blood tests that I am immune but when pregnant with my last son the bloods showed up I was not immune and was told the immunity can wear off! I had to have the jab again in hospital after giving birth! Hope it all gets sorted for u xx
1 DD born Oct 07 8lb 5 oz***** 3 Miscarriages at 15, 14 and 5 weeks****1 DS born july 13 8lb 9oz***1DD born Aug 14 7lb 11oz!

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 10:01am

Thanks ladies. We've decided to start next month, hopefully this will all be sorted. I should hopefully get the written confirmation that I've had both parts of the mmr tomorrow, so I'll need to fax that through to the fertility unit and see what they want me to do. If they say that I need to have the mmr jab again, we won't be able to start until April/May time :-( it just makes me nervous because I've been told that you have to use the NHS funding within a certain amount of time (6 months) otherwise you lose it...and May will be 6 months for us....hopefully we'll be ok to start in March...so close yet so far xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE