You are not logged in.

Unread posts

av13

Ace

• "av13" started this thread

Reg: Aug 12th 2013

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 12:34pm

Anyone used progynova during a fresh long protocol cycle?

Has anyone used progynova during a fresh long protocol cycle? Not done a long protocol before so confused. The only info I can find about it (on here and by googling) is in relation to a FET. I was told at my consultation that i would be on buserelin to down regulate but no mention of progynova however this has been posted to me along with my other drugs.
I'm waiting to hear back from the clinic but wondered if anyone on here had heard of using it during a fresh long cycle? Also when, and why, is it used?
Thanks in advance :)
xx

Curlytails

GLOBAL MODERATOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Apr 18th 2010

Children: One gorgeous boy

What's Up?
:)

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 8:02pm

Sorry I have only used progynova tablets with a frozen cycle. Hopefully your clinic will explain it for you x

6 x IVF, 3 x FET
3 x MMC, 3 x :BFN:, 1 x failed thaw
Two gorgeous boys.

Reg: May 30th 2010

Wednesday, January 22nd 2014, 8:32pm

Hi, which clinic are you at? I used progynova similar timish as progesterone from after EC I think. Progynova has estrogen in it but sorry can't remember more it must be something to do with the embryo, however not all clinics use it. My clinic was super careful and gave all sorts of extra stuff (half of which I refused to take).

It certainly can't do any harm xx

Reg: Jan 18th 2010

Children: Still hoping and praying for our little miracle

What's Up?
I'm so so so blessed to finally have a gorgeous son. We love you so much baby boy

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 9:02pm

Hi

I'm currently doing a full cycle. I've not had ec yet but am due to start taking them along with other tablets. It all gets a bit confusing but I think they are oestrogen too. I think it gives you extra of this but I can't remember why.

Good luck x
Pam

2010 - 2012
2 x Full ICSI cycles :BFN:
4 x FET :BFN:

No treatment. Got married to my amazing, loving man [zx072]

Full ICSI cycle and lucky number 7 :BFP: one poor little one stopped at 8 weeks.
Lewis, born 15.11.14 happy and healthy and weighing 5lb 11.5 oz. Gorgeous boy, we love you so much lurve lurve

Pam's (Miss Anderson) ICSI Diary.

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 10:09pm

Hi

I've taken it on two long protocol cycles. Are you taking three a day, eight hours apart? It's oestrogen - helps thicken your womb lining.

Hope your cycle goes well.

Jenny x
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

Reg: Apr 27th 2012

Children: One beautiful boy. Centre of our world.

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 10:09pm

Hi

I've taken it on two long protocol cycles. Are you taking three a day, eight hours apart? It's oestrogen - helps thicken your womb lining.

Hope your cycle goes well.

Jenny x
One beautiful boy born in 2010 but multiple attempts for a sibling very sadly had to stop.

av13

Ace

• "av13" started this thread

Reg: Aug 12th 2013

Friday, February 21st 2014, 10:41am

I dont know im confused now, I got them in the post with my buserelin and progesterone and figured I would take them after EC. At my follow up the consultant said I shouldnt have started my period during the 2ww last time while on cyclogest so I thought maybe this was extra support sooo I rang them up and the nurse said she thinks they werent meant to send them ?o(
Good luck with your cycles xx

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE