You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Reg: Nov 29th 2010

Saturday, November 30th 2013, 9:00pm

Thanks for the info Elizmac. I'm going to do it after the hol - but am already slowly not giving him some stuff. Tonight we had mashed potato and he put a spoon in his mouth and then spat it out so I don't know if he doesn't like it or just wanted something else. Anyway he ate nothing really and cried most of the way through dinner and then had a banana and some milk before bed. I tend to do what you do with lunch and if he doesn't eat it he gets it as his snack later on. But it is hard because you just want them to eat something!
Is everyone still using bed guards? And can you recommend any or are they all the same? Got the magic bumpers that NH used but haven't found them that good as they are quite low. x

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 12:28pm

Before I got a chance to discuss bed guards with DH, he'd cut the legs of the bed in half!! So, we've never used one. She fell out a few times, but it was so low she never hurt herself and we moved her rug there to cushion the fall. It works really well actually and was an old pine bed with a new mattress. A will use it once he moves into a big bed and then we will get N a bed with storage underneath. Lovely crisp day today! X

Reg: Dec 6th 2010

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 6:21pm

We've just it Ross in a bed. Once we get him to stay in it he's fine. We just used the foam bed guards. I think they are ace!!!

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 6:35pm

Thanks ladies. I just find the foam ones not high enough so feel that Harry could roll over it IFKWIM. Might try them again. AG - that was a bit extreme sawing the legs down - made me LOL!!
Harry is in a single bed (with me!! a habit that needs to be broken). So it's quite high up. I tried putting him in the cot bed on the lowest setting but he didn't take to it and prefers the single - but the height is an issue. I could probably leave him in it now with some king of guard but he is waking up a lot just now. Coughing sometimes, dreams sometimes and itching a lot - must be his eczema but no physical signs of it - just scratch marks all over him in the morning. Not changed the washing powder or anything so I'm assuming it's eczema.

Elizmac - can I just ask you about the eating again? If Ross didn't eat a meal (tea time) would you just not let him have anything else then or would you let him have something before bed. Tonight Harry has eaten 1.5 chicken goujon's. Wouldn't eat the veg or roast potatoes. He then had some yoghurt and an apple - but I'm thinking he probably shouldn't have been given the yoghurt? He then asked for milk 30 mins later!!

AG - hope you're feeling a bit better now. Have you seen the life coach?

Hope you're all OK xx

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 9:25pm

Rocky - I would have gone for the foam ones if DH hadn't gone to extreme measures! I haven't seen the life coach and now I'm undecided as to whether I really need to see her. Possibly just having a bit of bad time, but over it! Not sure. Feeling so much better though and maybe just had a bit too much going on and it all came to a head!

A has had a more sore day today and seems more refluxy again, so not sure might have to try him with gaviscon again. Will see how he is tomorrow. He's coughing a lot and I think its reflux related. His hiccups also sound really sore and harsh. Going to see how he is in the morning - its a flimming pest! He vomits quite a lot, sometimes just a little, sometimes a lot, so will need to keep an eye on his weight gain too. Xx

Buzzbee

• "Buzzbee" started this thread

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 8:29am

Where is the time going?! Seems like ages since I last came on here.

Rocky - I agree with the others, hold off snacks if you want him to eat a proper meal. I'm sure I saw on the 3 day nanny programme (may be able to get it on 4OD) about a mum whose son refused any other food but nuggets. It was interesting and he was eating loads more other food by the end of the 3 days. I know Harry is still quite young but could he help out when you're preparing a meal to make it more fun and he may want to eat it? I am pretty sure if you stop snacks he won't not eat for days and will eventually eat what you offer him. It's good that he ate the protein. N can be fussy with veg. I do mixed veg but he only tends to eat the carrots and peas. Re the mashed potato maybe he didn't like the texture? Does he eat potatoes normally? N loves chips so we make our own with potatoes rather than buying the frozen ones although he will have the frozen ones if we have no potatoes in. Also, does H drink a lot in the day? That can fill him up too Especially if it's juice.

Re bed guards I had the Lindam one and it was good - that was when it was the cotbed. Now he has a football toddler bed, which has a slightly raised side but tbh he probably could still fall out of bed but as it's a toddler bed it's very low.

Hope you're well otherwise and have a lovely week away. I will PM you to sort meeting up before Christmas.

AG - DS had reflux but I cant offer any advice sorry as it seems a distant memory now. He had Gaviscon. It just suddenly stopped, I think he when he was weaned. Could he have a chest infection?

Hi to anyone else. Not much to report. Just very busy and never seems enough hours in the day. Started my Christmas shopping - thank god for online! We have got N the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Honeydew School off The Hive. We will get him a couple of other things too. I think we will do what we did last year and let him have a present on Christmas eve and then stagger them over Christmas as they get so overwhelmed with it all don't they? I'm going to get us some Christmas PJ's to wear on Christmas eve (DH won't wear them though LOL!). We're just spending it as a family at home, the 4 of us, which I'm looking forward to. My parents will visit in the morning and I think DH's mum will call up. I don't want to take N out as I know he'd rather be at home with his toys. DH is off work for the 2 weeks so we can spread out visiting.

Anyway, going to catch up on I'm a Celeb before DD wakes up. She is still in bed but didn't settle until about 9:30pm last night. So much different to how DS was as a baby. She's getting better though as she gets older and it's getting a bit easier.
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Buzzbee" (Dec 2nd 2013, 8:34am)

Monday, December 2nd 2013, 2:53pm

AG go ask the gp for some ranitidine. Will seriously make your life easier!!! I promise !!

Rocky. No nothing til bed time !! Ross had two spoons of Nash and a tiny bite of chicken last night. Maybe about three peas!! He was asking for yogurts and cake and god knows what and I knew he was hungry but he got nothing. I paid for it as he was a right winge bag. I give in if we are going out and he's not eaten much but until he is bribe able will have to do the best I can!!!

Reg: Jul 21st 2009

Children: 2 angels watching over us & our precious DD Scarlett Leigh <3

Tuesday, December 3rd 2013, 12:45pm

AG - my S had reflux! well.... thats what they kept diagnosing her with!
There are many things to help... Rantidine, Domperidone, Omeprazole & Gaviscon - go to the docs armed with info on these meds!

In the end, I felt the meds were just taming down the underlying factor with S, and proved she had a lactose intolerance!
But thats just S haha, not necessarily every baby ;)
Lots of heartbreaking history incl 2 losses :-(

April 12 - IVF - :BFP:

Sept/Oct 18 - ICSI

OHSS ;(

4 embies in the freezer :rollseyes:

Friday, December 6th 2013, 6:13pm

Thanks Elizmac - good to hear that others are small eaters as well and pulling the same tricks! Need to ask you a medical question if you don't mind....? DP's sister has recently had 2nd c section and wasn't allowed diclofenic this time as apparently the rules have changed re breastfeeding I think. Do you know anything about this? I'm asking as DP is worried as she had diclofenic last time and is considering a c section this time but is worried about the pain as she sister was in quite a lot of pain with just paracetamol. Also DP is worried that the diclofenic may have had some affect on Edie as she had quite a lot in those early weeks. Anyway, I just thought I'd see if you know if it's a national thing or may be down to cost or just something at her sisters hospital?

AFM - had a LOVELY holiday!! Except Edie has been ill for a lot of it - sickness and the runs. But we've still had a great time and it didn't stop us doing stuff. They saw father Christmas for the 1st time and Edie was OK but Harry didn't take to him. He came round about 1min before our time was up!! We went to the zoo as well and Harry loved it.
Anyway, hope you're all OK. AG how is A? Have you seen the doc? Think you should if his refulux is causing him (and you) distress as you just want to be enjoying this time with him. xx

Saturday, December 7th 2013, 8:49pm

Don't worry rocky. Can have inuprofen and codeine. She won't need to be sore. They still use diclofenac up here so dunno why they wouldn't unless she had a specific reason.

Reg: Aug 12th 2010

What's Up?
(",)

Tuesday, December 10th 2013, 10:10pm

Hi everyone, just popping on to say as it's been a while. I'm keeping up with reading the chat though. I can't see any further back, so this'll be a short one.

Buzzbee - R was a monkey for napping. I struggled lots, but kept on trying.

Rocky - congrats to your DP on her pregnancy and new job. Hope Edie is better.

Liz - My R is a bit fussy with her food. And she has picked up a really annoying habit too (from nursery, I expect) She goes "bleurgh, yukky" and sticking her tongue out at everything she doesn't like. She even did it when I asked her to go to sleep last night.

AG - Poor A, his reflux sounds painful for him. Did you get some ranitidine ?

Amyeliz - hi, hope all is good

NH, Booboo, Anna - hi ladies, and to each of your little girlies too.
Aug/Sept 2010 ICSI :BFP: :girl:

Wednesday, January 29th 2014, 9:24am

Hi ladies,

Happy New Year!!
It's been a while since we've chatted hasn't it? We 're all so busy now I know.
Anyway.....jut after some advice/ides etc....
Edie is the problem at the moment. She is 16months old now and sleep is still an issue. I remember it being so with Harry but in a different way. She wakes most nights and screams for 30mins-1hr. And we don't know what is wrong with her. In the past we always put it down to teething - she still only has 4 teeth and there doesn't seem to be any more on the way so now we are not so sure. Anyway, we were worried at one point that she was having calpol most nights and thought she may have some kind of addiction. The ccalpol seemed to settle her almost instantly and it can't work that fast! (Elizmac - can they get addicted to it?) And then things changed a bit and we stopped giving er the calpol so often after we realised that it could not be pin EVERY night. But things just keep going round in circles and we really don't know whats wrong. She wakes asking for water (which DP has stopped giving now as she was waking several times in the night asking for it), or asking for 'sen' (medicine - which we are not giving unless we think she is in pain obviously) or just crying. And like I have said she will just scream constantly for 30mins-1hr until eventually she will settle. We have tried all sorts with her including leaving her to get on with it. DP is obviously tired now so could do without this.
Last night she started at 10.15pm and out of desperation we gave her some water - no effect and then eventually calpol (no effect). It went on for 1hr 20min. Does anyone have any ideas as to what can be wrong with her? I'm sure that some nights it probably is teething and pain but it can't be this all the time as it's too often. I remember Harry waking often but he usually settled within 10 mins and cried on and off but this is constant screaming and we can't seem to console her - she pushes us away and then screams if we leave?? we could really do with some other opinions on this.

Apart from this things are good and I'm enjoying being at home with them - but it is bloody hard work. I have just joined a gym with a crèche as I want to loose some weight and it means I can also take them swimming with the membership (isn't swimming expensive?). I won't take them to the crèche too often though maybe just twice a week and then the rest of the time I will go at weekend when DP can look after them.
DP has started the new job which seems OK from what she tells me. She is really busy as the department is rubbish and they have no policies in place so she is having to sort everything out. And she doesn't have long until mat leave really as she is now 25 weeks. Think she will have a section - do any of you know when they are done if it elective? Or does it vary depending on the part of the country you live in? We don't want it doing too early.

So, hope everyone is OK. Be nice to hear all your news xxx

Buzzbee

• "Buzzbee" started this thread

Reg: Apr 14th 2009

Children: A son and daughter - our family is complete :)

What's Up?
Absolutely love being a mum of 2 but OMG it is hard work and very tiring! Wouldn't change it for the world though :)

Thursday, January 30th 2014, 1:55pm

Hi Rocky

Lovely to hear from you. Sorry to hear Edie isn't sleeping well. Have you heard of sleep regressions? I've attached a link (should I include not FZ endorsed?!) Why the 18 Month Sleep Regression Can Be One of the Hardest | The Baby Sleep Site - Baby Sleep Help | Toddler Sleep Help | Personalized Sleep Consulting

She could be having the 18 month sleep regression a bit ealier ?o( I know it's hard as N went through a tough one last year (from March till about June or July). He woke in the night and we couldn't put him to bed without having to sit in his room until he fell asleep otherwise he would get upset and become distressed. DH and I took it in turns to sit with him until he fell asleep to reassure him we were there and when he woke in the night we took turns with that too. We made a bed next to his should we need to stay a while so we could sleep too. Does Edie still sleep in the same room as DP? Also maybe is she sensing that her mummy is having a baby and a change is on the way? I was pregnant when N went through this phase. Thankfully by August he was back to sleeping great and has done since. He may have the occasional night where he wakes in the middle of the night but he is reassured by a cuddle and a kiss. I thought when DD arrived he would go back to waking but he didn't, which I was glad about. Also sometimes his were night terrors. Could Edie be having these or do you think she is fully awake? When N had a night terror he would scream and if we went in he would stare at us and cry more and shout no no no no. It was awful but I realised he didn't actually know we were there as he was still asleep, even though his eyes were open. We just sat there and waited for him to calm down so we could cuddle him and when he did realise we were there to reassure him and it was OK he would get upset but cuddle us back, which told me he had got through the night terror.

I guess babies / toddlers cope with these regressions differently. Hopefully this will pass soon and no doubt when the new baby arrives you will be woke by another LOL! :snigger:

How's Harry with his eating now?

All good here. N has changed so much the past 6 months. The difference in him is amazing, he is a proper little boy now, speaking great and learning so much. He attends nursery 4 days a week with Tuesdays off. It's tough having them both at home but I break the day up by taking him to a play group down the road. Soon I'll reduce his days to 3 days a week and he can have Fridays off. I was suppose to go back to work in September but now plan to go back at the end of July after our weeks holiday in Dorset. We've booked a beautiful cottage not far from Monkey World and the coast. My parents are coming too.

DD is so much better now. The first 3 months were hard but since Christmas she is much better and doesn't really cry that much now unless of course she is hungry. tired or overstimulated but I am pretty much in tune with her now so find it easier to prevent the tears. I stopped breastfeeding last week (did it for 5 months, which I am very proud of). She still wakes in the night at least once, mostly twice, but sometimes 3 times on a bad night, and she will either have a bottle or dummy to get back to sleep. I think she is a noisy sleeper as she will cry every 2 - 4 hours, which I have recently learnt is when they go through sleep cycles so if her eyes are closed I do try and leave her be otherwise I wake her fully but it is hard to leave he as I don't want her to wake N up. It isn't a proper cry so I feel comfortable ignoring it, but this has only been the past month that I felt OK about it. Up until then I would run to her every cry in the night and pick her up, which I think is why she now struggles to get through the sleep cycles and go from light sleep to deep sleep.

Hope everyone else is well. It is so quiet on here. I rarely log on now as I have a tablet and for some reason when I try and come on FZ the page goes blank. I'm typing this on my laptop while DD bounces away in the jumperoo. Definitely my best baby buy! That and a video monitor are two must haves I think.

Anyway, bye for now.

xx
An almost 4 year old son and a 21 month old daughter :)

Thursday, January 30th 2014, 2:23pm

Thanks Buzzbee - I have not had time to look at the link yet but will do. I honestly don't think it is sleep regression though as she has done it for so long. Last night was great and she didn't wake - so we do get good nights - it's just that we don't know what's up with her so it's frustrating and feels like about time she settled into a proper sleep routine! Yes DP still in room with Edie but we are trying to change that - waiting for a mattress to be delivered as me and DP actually have nowhere to sleep if not with them! Wish it was just a vase of sitting with her until she fell back to sleep but she just screams none stop.
Harry's eating is still the same - a little progress maybe - like last night he actually ate some mashed potato which he won't normally touch. He does eat throughout the day but he is still so fussy and will just refuse things. I have tried to stop any snacks and that didn't work so now we have just decided to give them healthy food when they want it (within reason).
Harry hads also changed a lot and is so clever - he remembers loads.
They both went into the creche at the gym and they were fine the first time and then the second time when I came back Edie was crying and had been quite upset with another little girl. I got the feeling that the staff had just left her to it so felt bad about that. I only left them for 40mins but it's a shame as I feel that the staff let me down there after making a big deal about how there's only 6 kids allowed to 2 adults (before I joined up). I asked them to come and get me if she got upset but they didn't. Anyway we'll have to see how that goes!
Buzzbee - I can't believe you are going back from mat leave early! Are you going to do 4 days again?
By the way - after the last time we met up and you said how you were able to leave Nathan at bedtime - I tried telling Harry that I needed to go to the toilet and he was OK and then went to sleep before I got back - happened for 2 nights running and then he got wise and started crying on the next night. So I still have to stay with him. It only takes about 10mins usually but I do wish he would do it on his own - only really because they are supposed to. I actually don't mind.
Anyway best go as the kids are running round like lunatics! xx

5 users apart from you are browsing this thread:

5 guests