You are not logged in.

Unread posts

FC79

Ace

• "FC79" started this thread

Reg: May 19th 2009

Friday, January 24th 2014, 9:55pm

Advice re increasing our chances of success

Hi all, I just wondered if anyone could give me any advice on what I can do ie diet and life style changes, to increase our chances of success when we have our next icsi cycle?

Bit of back ground- me-34 with no fertility issues. DH-33 with severeley low sperm count (last sa was 100,00 in total only a few moving). We have had one round of icsi which resulted in 6 'perfect' embryos all between 6-8 cells on day 3. We had 1 put back-BFN, then a natural FET, 2 put back BFP and our beautiful boy was born in 2011. Since then we have had 2 more FETs and although all the embryos survived the thawing none of them took.

We are now saving for our next round of icsi (we didnt think we would go through it all again, but with our little one getting bigger and being such a sociable little thing who loves babies! We feel we would love more than anything to give him a sibling). We are thinking we'll be ready to go again around May this year and having struggled to save the money for it (and with me getting older!) we want to make sure we are both in prime condition to give it our best shot!

With my husbands sperm issues I have focussed a lot on trying to improve the count with vitamins and supplements so know a lot about that, but cant remember any of the advice for myself! If anyone could let me know the sort of foods and supplements I should be having or avoiding before and during ivf, I would really appreciate the advice. I will be doing short protocol so no down reg.

Thanks in advance!!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "FC79" (Jan 24th 2014, 9:56pm)

Friday, January 24th 2014, 10:57pm

Hi FC79

Think I've spoken to you before.... Hope your well. We both are going through the same. I had ICSI in 2010 which resulted in my gorgeous boy in April 2011. We had 2 x FETS last year which both resulted in positive tests but didn't follow through. We are going for another round of ICSI this year, phoning with day 1 of period in May! We too never thought we would again but as you've said with first one getting older now and wanting a playmate, we just couldn't not! And I'm desperate for a sibling for him. He would love a baby too. The money indeed is hard to get together. We should have half and relative putting the rest to it! Thankfully!

I've just had blood tests done with GP for LH, FSH, prolactin and Rubella immunity which were fine and my partner giving sample next Wednesday at Liverpool womens and then it's waiting for day 1 to arrive in May:-)

We aren't doin anything to increase chances and any lifestyle changes etc as we didn't with our 1st attempt which got us our son. But we don't drink or smoke. Hardly any caffeine and eat pretty good. Hope u find some answers. Hopefully we can chat together when we go again. Exciting :-)
ICSI 07/10:BFP: bab11
FET 02/13:BFP:mc
FET 07/13:BFP:mc
ICSI 06/14:BFP: bab10
thanks Liverpool womens for 2 beautiful children!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Emma25" (Jan 24th 2014, 11:01pm)

chaz84

Reg: Oct 1st 2013

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 4:27am

Hi im only new to this on the wanting list for ivf in belfast nhs funded ive been take pregacare and royal jelly eatting fruit and veg and cutting out caffeine sugar fried food soy foods. So good luck to u both x

Quoted

Chaz84

Reg: Feb 3rd 2011

Children: One beautiful daughter -born Oct '11

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 8:09am

You need to have a great clinic and talk to them. yes there are some dietry adjustments but it's getting things right medically that will work the best. Some people also use alternative therapies to help. There is also some research now that suggests that endometrial scratching (mine cost £150) the month before TX can greatly increase the chances of implantation but again your clinic can advise on this.
Also, get tested for EVERYTHING. Some tests are very expensive but we felt it was worth it to put is fully in the picture.
I think stress also has a huge factor to play, something that is hard to reduce or illuminate but worth a try!!

Good luck xxx

5 - yes FIVE angels baby5 All early losses due to elevated NK cells.

1st IVF january 2011 resulted in our beautiful daughter born Oct 2011 bab10

My diary

FC79

Ace

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 9:48am

Thank you all for the replies!

Emma, we really are in the same position, my little boy was born in May 2011! It would be lovely to stay in touch, roll on May!!

Chaz84- Thank you, wishing you all the best with your cycle.

Hi Daisy, I will speak to the clinic about the Endometrial scratching, thank you. We have a really brilliant clinic (Wessex at the Freya centre, Southampton) They have been so helpful through all our ups and downs and have frozen a back up sample from DH free of charge to take some of the pressure off! Good luck for your test day!! How are you feeling?

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 9:58am

For me I really have no idea on the magic combination but to help a healthy balanced diet as much as possible I changed to filtered water and unrefined sugar in my tea! Supplements I took pregnacare, fish oil in high dose (not cod liver) and co enzyme q10.

I think the biggest factor for me getting pregnant was cutting out stress as much as possible I gave up my job and slowed things down a bit. I found a brilliant support group for infertility who kept me on an even keel during my cycle and had accupuncture. I realised it was out of my control and just tried to believe in my body doing the right thing and unbelievably to me I'm now 21 weeks pregnant!!

Good luck huni xxx
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

FC79

Ace

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 10:30am

That's brilliant news Macksie, congratulations!! I think I remember you from before too? Thinking about it, the first icsi we did which was BFN, I was working as a child minder and didnt want to tell all the parents about the treatment so fitting appointments around work and making up excuses for time off was really stressful. This time round I'm a stay at home mummy, so although that brings its own stresses, I have no one to answer to!! So hopefully that will make things calmer and easier. I think I will go for the accupuncture too. How many sessions did you have and when?

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 12:32pm

Yes the stress thing with knowing when you're going to need time off while keeping it from people is awful I worked in a college teaching so it was rather full on.

A good acupuncturist should guide you on how many appointments but I had a couple during down reg and stimms mainly for the side affects and to keep me grounded then one before ec and the a pre and post transfer one they're the most important apparently. It can cost you a few bob but I found it well worth it x
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

FC79

Ace

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 12:53pm

Thanks, my husband pays into some sort of well being fund thing every month at work so when you need anything to help your well being such as accupuncture they fund it for you. Definitely something I'm going to take them up on this time!

Saturday, January 25th 2014, 4:27pm

Result ! I'd definitely take em up on that one x
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE