You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "JessieBaby" started this thread

Reg: Jan 25th 2012

Wednesday, January 25th 2012, 7:40pm

Klienfelter's Syndrome

[font=&quot]Just wondering does anyone know much about this, we just found out on Monday that DH has it. His SA is zero and I'm wondering if there is any point in pursuing surgical sperm retrieval. We are taking a few months out before we attend the fertility unit (we have been public patients in Ireland up to this point, but everything going forward will have to be private).
Any help would be appreciated.
[/font]
[font=&quot]Jess[/font]
[font=&quot]x[/font]

kat13

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Sep 16th 2010

Children: One beautiful little girl

What's Up?
:)

Wednesday, January 25th 2012, 11:04pm

Hi Jess, welcome to FZ. Im afraid I cant really help with your question but im sure someone will be along soon who can. Didnt want to read and run. Good luck with your treatment xxx

Reg: Apr 21st 2012

Children: DD and DS, now ICSI due to secondary infertility

Thursday, May 31st 2012, 10:41am

Hi Jessiebaby,
Just wondered if you had found out any further information regarding the Kleinfelters syndrome. My DH is just waiting for the results of karyotyping genetics tests - we assume this is to check for Kleinfelters. We have read up on it and some of the signs and symptoms fit in with him! Any information you could share would be a great help!
TD xx

hope2012

Reg: Jun 14th 2012

Friday, June 15th 2012, 1:52pm

klinefelter, so what now????

Hello, we just found out that hubby has klinefelter. We really want to take the fertility route but dont know where to start. His consultant was not able to signpost him in the right direction and I couldnt find any information on clinics that actually deal with fertility on men with klinefelter syndrome!

I was wondering where you are with it all,

THANKS

Reg: Nov 27th 2013

Friday, November 29th 2013, 2:10pm

Hi Hope2012 just wondering if you got any further, i was reading thru and seen ur post, my hubby got the same results :( we are waiting on a refferal to LIFE centre in Newcastle

Any information you can give you be really appreciated :)

Reg: Feb 24th 2013

Children: 3 fur babies (2 cats and a scottish terrier).

Monday, December 16th 2013, 8:17pm

Hi newbie, we had a positive KF diagnosis a few weeks ago and my hubby attends both an endocrinologist, is on testim gel replacement therapy and we are attending a genetics counseller.
We have been referred for IVF but in the mean time the genetics counseller has recommended my hubby gets a biopsy anyway, for closure more than anything. We have been told that my hubby's blood work ( hormone levels ) mean it's highly unlikely they will find any sperm, but if we don't try, we will always wonder. We have been told to prepare for using donor.
We are in Glasgow and apparently. KF is the most common sex chromosome disorder that geneticists see. It sucks and I feel for you right now, I know how you feel. It's tough.
Sorry I don't know what LIFE is, is that fertility clinic?
All the best.

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 1:44pm

Hey Mispooh23

Sorry only gettin back to u, still trying to figure out how to use this site lol! Yes my hubby got it confirmed in the summer and he is on suston injections that the endocrinologist prescribed!! Yes Life cente is the fertility clinic in Newcastle, Belfast clinic said theres nothing they can do for us!! It felt like such a kick in the teeth and we were totally devestated, Now goin over to England is our only hope, We have an appointment in Feb so just waiting to see what they say, Its been an extremely long and tough 4 years so far, We dont really know wat to expect wen we go over, Hubby has to give yet another sample which seems totally pointless, Guess we just gotta wait :S

Thursday, January 16th 2014, 11:59pm

Hiya,yeah it's a long drawn out process but I think we have gotten used to how long everything takes now lol!

It can be more nerve wracking not knowing what the process is at a clinic. Maybe you could give them a phone and ask for an general outline of what will happen / be discussed?

I don't see the point in additional samples, we've had three now and all the same, so why give your hubby another one?? Clinic like to have their own version but surely if they ( doctors) don't rely on the original results then why should we?

Friday, January 17th 2014, 1:41pm

Some day the Patience really does be tested!! Seem to hear of a pregency every week from inlaws/friends or cousins!!!

Yes i think i will ring cos we've 3 appointments with 3 different doctors on the same day!!

No i think its ridiculous that he has to give another one when the 3 previous have all been zero and they have confirmed KF syndrome!!

Sorry for ranting and raving its just been a tough week and its been good to get it all of my chest!!

Do u think the genetics counsellor has helped, i know my DH finds it very difficult to talk about it and i was wondering if an outside wud be better for him to chat with
?o(

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 12:53am

Hiya,

No worries, ranting is defo required some days or you would go mental otherwise.

Difficult when all you see or hear is about others getting pregnant. My hubby and I work in the same place and this week we found out a girl at work is pregnant but she isn't in our faces or anything. But still you can't help those feelings, it's natural. I've blocked some peeps on Facebook because of it.
The day we got KF confirmed I had a random rant on FB and my Sister in Law posted a photo of our nephew, new born, saying cheer up. She doesn't know what's going on with us, so didn't know any different but sometimes you feel like screaming it out to the world.

The genetics counsellor is not counselling in the conventional sense... it's not lying down on a couch and talking about your feelings Which I thought it would be. For us it was a genetics doctor, asking what we knew already, explaining what KF is, what the implications are ( other than infertility) and asking what we wanted to do going forward. She was really nice and didn't overload us with info given everything else that's going on. She sent us loads of leaflets on diabetes, oesteoperosis and literature on outside self help info. Welcome to the Klinefelter's Syndrome Association UK | Klinefelter's Syndrome Association is the main website they promoted to us. The genetic counsellor is as much for you both as a couple as it is for you husband specifically I think. Our one is kind of treating us together anyway.

My hubby is the same, doesn't talk so much about it, but he does if required, he's sensible about it and this is his coping mechanism. I'm pretty sure it's the same for guys in this position, where women want to talk and get things out in the open to relieve the pressure, men do the opposite mostly.
I am 100% sure that you should get infertility counselling too at your clinic,but whether it's specific enough to deal with KF couples I don't know, I'm sure they have dealt with many different scenarios and as I said in my previous post KF is the most common sex chromosome issue, so I'm sure that they have dealt with it before and could help. It's certainly something we want to ask about when we get our consultant appointment.
I know that if you decide on donor insemination it's mandatory counselling.

Xx

Sunday, January 19th 2014, 1:01am

By the way I did another post about the counselling session under the Scotland page glasgow southern general if you wanted to know any details.

You might think its weird me doing that, but I only did it because I wish I had been able to find someone's take on KF and genetics before going through all this, so I'm determined to post as much useful info for others who might be going through the same thing.

Monday, January 20th 2014, 10:22am

thank you so much for ur help and information, Yes FB is a nitemare, constantly seeing photos and congratulation messages !! I think this is a great forum, its hard for others to understand wen they have no problems concieving, Hopefully 2014 will be a good year for us all!! Yes i will check out ur post, KF and genetics is all so confusing every little bit of information is appreciated :)

1 registered user thanked already.

Users who thanked for this post:

Misspooh123 (21.01.2014)

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE