You are not logged in.

Unread posts

berryme

• "berryme" started this thread

Reg: Aug 29th 2013

Thursday, August 29th 2013, 5:33pm

Anyone NHS funding in Oxford?

Hi ladies,
I'm moving to Oxford very soon and I have a referral letter from my hospital in London to my future GP for an IVF ICSI.

We were in a middle of an application for a funding in Camden PCT, we did all the tests we could do but didn't start any treatments because we knew we had to move. :pinch:

So as soon as we register with a new GP, we'll apply for a funding in Oxford. Considering we fit in all the requirements (age ok, no children, no smokers and BMI ok) we're pretty optimistic.

But 3 years waiting to have a baby is very long (especially when you know at an early stage that you can't have baby naturally), and I'm worrying to have to wait a long time again and to have to do all the tests we have already done again. ;(

So here are my questions: Do you know if they'll ask us to do the tests again?
Do you know how long it takes to get the funding? I read somewhere there is a 18 weeks rule, is it true?

And more generally, what do you think about the hospital, doctors and nurses? I wanted to stay in my hospital in London but I was told that I have to go to Oxford hospital, if I really want to stay in London it's gonna be a fight with the NHS lol!! :huh:

Grace

Princess of the Universe

United Kingdom

Reg: Jul 29th 2008

Children: 1 beautiful little son conceived through ICSI and one equally beautiful little boy concieved naturally!

What's Up?
Oh god I've got Puppies!

Thursday, August 29th 2013, 9:53pm

I have limited experience with fertility tx in Oxford so I'm afraid I can't answer all your questions, but I can help with some.

I had initial investigations and Clomid at the John Radcliffe in Oxford and the staff were very nice but there were long waiting lists, I was told that the follow up appointment after clomid was at least 6 months so you had to book the follow up when you started taking the treatment if you wanted to be seen when you finished (assuming you didn't get pg). They didn't ask me to do any of the previous tests (which would have helped as mine had been done by the GP and weren't accurate) but they did do some further investigations.

If you get NHS funding you can demand any hospital if you're prepared to fight for it under the new freedom of choice the NHS offer. Personally I would fight to stay in London and do your research as there are a few that have a much higher success rate than elsewhere.

ICSI BFP DS1 born Nov 09
Natural BFP DS2 born Sept 11

• "Macksie" is 42 years old today

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Friday, August 30th 2013, 7:52am

I'm in Hertfordshire so not sure if Oxford falls under the same pct but I would think the hospital will do the referral straight away given your history so no doubt you'll need the referral tests bloods and stuff unless you can manage to get a copies from your last hospital. once that's done you should hear back from the clinic in a few weeks for your first consultation.

You may be referred to Bourn Hall in Oxford I'm at the.Cambridge one and can't fault them. It's a real task getting referred but once you're there it all goes very quickly. Good luck xxx
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

United Kingdom

Reg: Nov 4th 2013

Children: Giuseppina Letizia Santoro is here we are so over the moon yay

Sunday, January 12th 2014, 5:56pm

Hi I know this is an old posting but if it is any help we have just gone through ICSI in Oxford fertility unit and we are NHS funded they were absolutely wonderful they looked after us so well and I can't praise them enough we are currently on our 2ww. good luck with your cycle when do you start or have you started? xxx

gingebaby baby2 baby8 bab10 bab14 :girl: bab21 bab19 bab17 blowkiss lurve

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE