You are not logged in.

Unread posts

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "Chava" started this thread

Reg: Sep 29th 2010

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 12:57pm

How soon did you do FET after fresh IVF cycle and how does it work?

We've just done a fresh IVF/ ICSI cycle which failed.

We have some eggs that were frozen from that cycle and I am wondering how long other people waited after a fresh IVF cycle before doing the FET.

Also, how does it work? I have PCOS and irregular cycles so I assume I would be doing a medicated cycle. Which drugs do you take and what are the timings?

And... if you did a fresh IVF cycle after a failed FET, how long did you have to wait for that?

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 2:59pm

Hi

I'm sorry your fresh cycle failed.

As you can see from my signature I did my first frozen cycle in July/ August after a February fresh cycle. It failed unfortunately , as did my next frozen cycle both due to my lining not thickening properly. I also have irregular cycles. I down regged then took HRT tablets and patches to thicken the lining . Because I didn't get to ET due to lining issues I then took a break for 6 months or so before trying again, which resulted in the birth of my daughter in February. I found FET much less stressful than a fresh cycle I must say.

Good luck!

Xx
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Net

Reg: Apr 10th 2010

Children: Two beautiful daughtersr - thank you Guys hospital

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 3:01pm

Just to add, on my successful cycle I down regged for 3 weeks I think then took HRT for two weeks before ET then carried on with HRT and progesterone until I was 12 weeks pregnant.
NET

ICSI Feb 2011-:BFP: m/c
FET Aug11 & Nov 11 - cancelled pre ET
FET May 2012- :BFP:
DD born Feb 2013
FET Feb 2015 :BFP:
DD2 born Nov 2015

MY DIARY

Reg: May 8th 2012

Children: Blessed with one beautiful boy

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 5:01pm

You normally have to wait until you've had two periods before you do an fet but as you have pcos they may do something different for you I down regged and then started hrt tablets and patches then to mimic when you would ovulate you.start the crinone gel a few days before transfer.

It's a longer process but definitely less stressful as there are less clinic visits.

Good luck x
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

ICSI #2- Sept 13 = :BFP: : D
Pprom at 28 weeks - Freddie James born at 32+4 perfect in every way lurve

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 5:41pm

Thanks for the replies!

Oh wow, I was hoping it was going to be a shorter process, not longer :-(

I didn't DR on my fresh cycle, I did short protocol so it was 2 weeks from start to finish.

I think you have to wait 2 months for a fresh cycle too so I am not really gaining anything by doing the frozen cycle. Do you have to keep going in to have the uterine lining measured? If I'm going to have to take a lot of hormones again I feel as if it would be better to do another fresh cycle as there would hopefully be more chance of it working as long as they agree to fertilise all the eggs this time.

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 6:11pm

So is it eggs you have frozen or embryos? If it's eggs I am guessing they will have to fertilise them after thawing which carries more of them not surviving than when thawing frozen embryos. the success rate of fet is pretty good you do have to go in but only for a couple of scans then for et and that's it. But if you have the option to do a fresh cycle then you could always use the frosties later.
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Macksie" (Jul 3rd 2013, 6:12pm)

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 9:41pm

We have frozen eggs, not embryos but I was imagining that the process would be the same for me, it is just that they have to thaw the eggs then fertilise them before transfer.

We have 5 eggs. The consultant said that they expect to lose 15-20% of the eggs in the thawing process so he said he would expect us to have at least 3 eggs to work with. My eggs have not been good quality on all 3 fresh cycles we did though so I am nervous about only having three eggs to fertilise. When we had 10 eggs to work with, 7 fertilised ut still only 2 were good enough to transfer after 3 days.

Has anyone done a cycle with frozen eggs by the way? I know it is much more common to use embryos but here in Italy they try and avoid having embryos to freeze.

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 10:50am

If you do a medicated cycle do you have to down reg?

It has not been explained to me by my doctor.

I have been told to call on day 1 of my period (which is today) and tomorrow I have to start with some Patches. I think they are estrogen Patches. Then on day 10 of my cycle I have to go for a blood test and scan.

I am wondering if I am down regging and if that was a mistake. This doctor already ignored the fact that I have PCOS when making a decision about my previous cycle. She also looked not to be thinking clearly on the day I saw her because she did not complete the blood test referral forms correctly amd I ended up having to go back and have her re-do them.

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 11:19am

Yep chava you down reg like a fresh cycle have the bleed and then they start you on the progynova oestrogen which is in the form of tablets or patches that thickens your lining. Then they scan you to measure when transfer should be and you have to use the lovely progesterone pessaries.

Much more relaxed than the fresh cycle good luck xxx
ICSI #1 & FET= BFN
FET #2= BFP early mc

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 2:11pm

Thanks for the reply!

So you HAVE to DR?

I did 3 fresh cycles and only DR for the first of them.

They told me to start estrogen on day 2. Is estrogen given during DR?

So annoyed this wasn't explained to me!

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

Reg: Aug 12th 2008

Children: Two beautiful little girls, so so lucky!! :)

What's Up?
:hello:

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 2:16pm

Hi Chava, sorry I missed this before.

I did 3 medicated FETs, I started on the pill for 3 weeks to control my cycle then down regged with Buserelin injections and then Prognova tablets and Cyclogest pessaries and a Pregnyl trigger injection.

Wishing you lots of luck for your cycle xxx

1st ICSI - Oct 08 - :BFP:!!! DD born July 2009 : D
1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
3rd FET - Jan 12 - :BFP: DD2 born October 2012 : D
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 2:20pm

Oestrogen is given to thicken your womb lining xxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Dusky7

FORUM MENTOR

United Kingdom

What's Up?

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 2:29pm

I thought that you had to DR to stop the production of the hormone that releases eggs...? Xxxx

1st FET - May 11 - BFN
2nd FET - Sept 11 - BFN
2nd ICSI - May 18 - BFN
4th FET - Sept - ???

DUSKY'S FET DIARY

Tuesday, September 17th 2013, 3:43pm

On the cycles I did not DR (short protocol) I took a half dose of the DR medicine for three days before my drug free day, then egg collection.

When I did DR, I had injection for 3 weeks before starting stimms, then continued with a half dose.

Tuesday, October 1st 2013, 3:20pm

Just to update the the thread in case anyone was wondering the same thing.

I did not down reg, I started the oestrogen on day 2 of my cycle, had blood tests and scans on days 10 and 14 and they defrosted the eggs on day 15 (today.)

If any of the eggs fertilise, the embryos will be transferred on either day 2 or 3 depending on how many make it. I guess that if just one or 2 fertilise t will be a day 2 transfer.

Reg: May 30th 2010

Tuesday, October 1st 2013, 9:56pm

Figers crossed for good fertilisation Chava. How many eggs were defrosted?

xx Rianon

Wednesday, October 2nd 2013, 9:19pm

5 eggs were defrosted and the clinic called today asking me to go in for transfer Tomorrow but woud not give any information about how many eggs survived the thaw or how many fertilised. I'm guessing that there are no more than two embryos because if there were more they would have gone for a day 3 transfer to see which were the strongest.

Just hoping I will be able to have 2 embryos transferred.

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 12:59am

Well even if it is a day-2 transfer they are best were they belong. Also hoping for two embies for you xx

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 10:32pm

So...3 out of the 5 eggs survived the thaw, all three fertilised but two abnormally so there was just one to transfer. It is a 6 cell grade 2/3 with 1 being the highest and 3 being the lowest quality so not holding out much hope :-( They found a polyp on my cervix while they were doing the transfer as well so that is going to have to be dealt with too.

Friday, October 4th 2013, 7:49pm

:hugs:

You must be feeling really down now. Did you take some time off for the two week wait? Will you do some nice things with your DH?

More big hugs.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE