You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "Laurenmcguinness" started this thread

Reg: Feb 24th 2013

Children: 3 fur babies (2 cats and a scottish terrier).

Wednesday, May 15th 2013, 10:34pm

IVF criteria changes in Scotland - what do we think?

I read today in the BBC news that the scottish government have approved proposed have changes in the criteria under which couples can receive IVF.

You now get 2 guaranteed free treatments for infertility as of the 1st July 2013.
It applies up to the age of 40, however if aged 40-42 and no previous treatment given, an individual can receive one cycle of infertility treatment.
It will not be given to obese women, ( it's below bmi 30 I think, we'll in our clinic it is).
Neither partner must have smoked 3 months prior to any treatment.
Neither partner can be on methadone for at least a year before IVF.
And the government are investing £12 million over three years in reducing waiting times overall.

What do we think?

This is supsed to reduce timescales and even them out on a countrywide basis, rather than regional. I don't know anyone else in other regions who has had infertility treatment, are the times all that different? I suppose it sound good, but I am pretty new to all this, is this a drastic change to the criteria for treatment at the moment?

Just wanted to get a feel for any other Scotland based members thoughts on this.

:)
Miss Pooh
Treatment - GRI
1st-3rd DIUI - :BFN:
4th-6th DIUI (stim)- :BFN:
1st DICSI cycle- 12 eggs,8 fertilised, 3 frozen, no transfer due to egg collection infection and fever.

One day at a time ......
starsmile

:xxx3:

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 10:26am

Hi Lauren

I was self funded so i'm not sure of the ins and outs of nhs guidelines but I always thought you got 3 rounds of ivf but I could be wrong

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

Reg: Jan 16th 2011

Children: Our beautiful angel Evie and her new baby sister Isla, our wee rainbow.

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 11:12am

I might be wrong but i'm pretty sure NHS entitlement has always differed slightly from region to region so i guess making it a country-wide policy is definitely a good thing.

xxx

Reg: Oct 25th 2012

Children: Little girl via IVF at Aberdeen.

Thursday, May 16th 2013, 3:55pm

HI

Each PCT has different criteria, waiting times, procedures and protocols.

Some areas have a few weeks waiting list, others have more than 3 years.

Personally, we know that Aberdeen IVF waiting times have drastically reduced. Our initial appointment was Sept 2015. Due to the Scottish Government increased funding, we are starting treatment next month.

Glad they are finally making it a lot fairer. The postcode lottery is hopefully a thing of the past now.
TTC 2007

1st IVF June/July 2013 cancelled

2nd IVF Sept/Oct/November 2013 - :BFP:

• "Misspooh123" started this thread

Friday, May 17th 2013, 8:33pm

Hi
It definitely sounds a lot fairer. Totally agree with yòu Tazza ,lottery is the right word! And good news on startîng your treatment earlier than anticipated!
Fingers crossed for a quick turnaround for us too.
Miss Pooh
Treatment - GRI
1st DICSI cycle- 12 eggs,8 fertilised, 3 frozen, no transfer due to egg collection infection and fever.

One day at a time ......
starsmile

gemmab

FORUM MENTOR

Reg: Feb 8th 2008

Children: 2 miracle icsi boys and 2 step kids.

What's Up?
Getting ready for another egg donation!!!

Saturday, May 18th 2013, 6:18am

Anything they can try that will make a difference is worthwhile.

I know in england you are meant to be entitled to three fill goes but up until last year our pct was not allowing any. It has changed recently but still only allows one. A government law that says they have to offer two is a good thing. If i needed funding and moved half an hour i would probably get three so defo to do with postcode!

ICSI 1 Apr 08-m/c 9.5.8
FETJul 08-BFN
ICSI 2 Dec 08 (ES) -I'm a mummy Kaynan arrived 19.8.09! :heart:
ICSI 3 Dec 10 (ES) -BFN
FET Mar 11- BFP- M/C ;(
ICSI 4 (ES) -:BFP: 1.7.11 Cobi arrived 09.03.12 [zx160]
Egg donation Aug 2012 BFN for recipient- gutted
Egg donation Dec 2012 Recipient :BFP:
Egg donation 27.05.2013- not great - please pray for the recipient :dust:

Reg: May 6th 2013

Friday, June 21st 2013, 11:50pm

I assume there is still no funding if there is a child from a previous relationship living in the house. Seems unfair to the partner who hasn't had any kids...
Me : 32 DH : 29
TTC 2 yrs
IVF aug 13 :BFP: but mmc at 11 wks bigcloud
FET 2014....

• "Misspooh123" started this thread

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 11:45pm

Hi Ellie, yes I think that is taken into consideration. But you do have a point, one partner, while there are children in the family, may not have their own biological children yet, so it's a fair point to raise.
However I suppose they are attempting to remove some of the postcode related waiting lists/criteria so that circumstances like that can be considered on their own merit. I cannot speak about this directly as I have no experience but its what makes sense to me. ?o(
Miss Pooh
Treatment - GRI

One day at a time ......
starsmile

Reg: May 6th 2013

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 4:49pm

I understand they have to lay a line somewhere, but it seems wrong that my ex could get treatment- even though he chooses to have nothing to do with his child, but me and my husband can't even though its my hubby's count that's why we need the treatment... I guess nothing is fair in this world, and hubby has to work a lot to pay. I guess we are lucky that he can do overtime :-(
Me : 32 DH : 29
TTC 2 yrs
IVF aug 13 :BFP: but mmc at 11 wks bigcloud
FET 2014....

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE