You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "NELLY1103" started this thread

Reg: May 17th 2013

Children: NONE SADLY BUT HOPEFULLY GOD WILL BLESS US ONE DAY WITH A MIRACLE

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 7:28pm

Information on Cetrotide short protocol

hi guys im looking for step by step information on cetrotide short protocol, im starting my second round of ivf this thurs :thumbsup: however im petrified this time round ;(

i wouold like to kow step by step the procedure and how long treatment lasts for x

thanks all x

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 9:00pm

Each clinic will prescribe their own protocol. Normally they start you with stimulating drugs first then they add cetrotide after your folicles reach a certain size. Cetrotide is used for preventing you from ovulating. They don't want you to ovulate before they collect your eggs.
Check this: INFO: A ROUGH GUIDE TO IVF/ICSI

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 7:40am

thank you x :thumbsup:

Reg: May 3rd 2010

Children: We are still dreaming.....

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 8:44am

This is how mine went at my clinic for me but i think they are all tailored to your needs, lengthwise anyway. Firstly you will have a baseline scan to make sure your lining is really nice and thin then you will start on your stimulation injections mine was menopur, some clinics use different ones. Mine was once daily. Then I went into clinic every so many days for a scan to see how the eggs were stimulating and checking that the lining was thickening up. They will then advise as to how long you keep going with stimulating injections, you will then instructed as to when to start cetrotide injections these are also once daily on top of your other injection. You should keep going for scan, some clinics more than others, I always stimulated for roughly a week to 10 days but everyone is different. When you have enough follicles you will be given a time to take a one of maturation injection which mine was ovitrelle and you will be told when your egg collection will take place. Your eggs will be mixed and hopefully fertilised and then you will be given a date for embryo transfer. Each person and clinic do things differently I.e time scales/drugs etc.

Wishing you lots of luck and baby dust x x x

Tuesday, May 28th 2013, 8:46am

Also just noticed your from Falkirk nelly, which clinic are you at, I was at ninewells x

Friday, May 31st 2013, 9:18pm

Hi Nic im at Ninewells too x

Friday, May 31st 2013, 9:56pm

I loved ninewells, the staff are great. There are a few girls in the third trimester chat (very much preggers) who were also at ninewells. If you want to know anything just ask away x

Friday, May 31st 2013, 9:57pm

Did you have your first cycle with ninewells Hunni x

Sunday, June 2nd 2013, 4:16pm

yeah i had my first cycle there all staff were fab only complaint was i didnt get any help or support after finding out it failed it was basically a im sorry over the phone that was it, i paid privately first time round, currenlty on my 2nd cycle with ninewells on nhs, today i discoverd that on 1st cycle they went ahead with transfer even though my wee things were not matured enough,, also they thought i had twoo large ones when infact it was actually fluid so nurse said that could have been a possibility as to why it failed as well so none too happy about that part,, however fingers crossed this time round our dream will come true....x :thumbsup: