You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "#wannabmummy" started this thread

Reg: Aug 3rd 2012

Monday, May 20th 2013, 6:53pm

electronic cigarettes before treatment

Hey ladies,

does anyone know if smoking electric cigarettes affect egg quality? Or wrong a month before treatment?

I am due to start treatment in July.
I quit smoking in January and have only hick upped when drinking.wine (which has only been 3 times since Jan) only, im off on holiday on weds and dont want to be hanking for a ciggie the whole time I am there. I dont want to use patches either.

any advice would be great

Xx

1st IVF in Feb 2012 = :BFP: but sadly a MMC @ 9.5 weeks :sniff:
2nd IVF in Sep 2012 = :BFP: M/C @ 6 wks.... :tears:
Can i take any more??? time for a break
NK Cell tested in April 2013 - Normal : D
3rd IVF in July 2013 - nervous but very excited

:xxx3:

taxihome

United Kingdom

Friday, May 31st 2013, 12:13am

Hi Hon
Firstly congrats on giving up. I can't answer wether smoking an electronic cig will affect egg quality but what I done when I gave up (for the same reason as you) was to use an electronic cig without an empty cartridge. Ok you can't puff smoke out, but it is all mind over matter and just having it in my hand, putting it to my lips and blowing out nothing seemed to help. Nicotine is the addictive part so personally I would stay away from it, mainly because it will just take that one timevto feed the addiction and youl be back to a smoker. However at the end of the day a couple of puffs on an electronic cig has got to be better than patches and even better than a cig. Xx

[zx071]
2 x man boys -MC,Ectopic IVF x 4 Natural BFP/Born sleeping 22/WksRIP LO
Jan/11:ICSI:BFP: bab21 [zx115] Our dream has finally come true
MY DIARY

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE