You are not logged in.

Unread posts
  • "rosa21" started this thread

Reg: May 15th 2012

Monday, May 6th 2013, 11:05pm

How soon to exercise after embryo transfer

Hi girls,
I've just had an FET cycle and I'm looking for advice about how soon I can go back to the gym.
In previous cycles I've put myself on bed rest for a couple of days, and then taken it very easy til OTD, spending most of my time lounging around in bed. Previous cycles have been BFNs.

This time I've been a lot more active, and on the third day went for a long but gentle country walk. It's a week til test day at the moment, and I would love to resume some exercise but not sure when or how much.
I'd normally do 3 yoga classes, a pilates class and 2 body conditioning classes a week, and a couple of 40 minute sessions on the cross trainer. Also an hour's walk most evenings.

As it wasn't a fresh cycle I don't have any pain in my ovaries, or presumably any risk of twisting them, but I don't want to be reckless.

I realise there's probably no definitive answer about this but it would be good to hear your opinions.
Rosa

Me 38 rubbish cycles, very low amh
DH 39 rubbish sperm

Ist ICSI 6/12 - abandoned :-(
2nd ICSI 10/12 - BFN :-(
3rd ICSI 1/13 - BFN :-(
4th FET 3/13 abandoned :-(
5th FET 5/13 - BFN :-(
Taking a break over the summer

sasha146

Reg: Aug 13th 2011

What's Up?
Adoption assessment complete

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 11:05am

Hi Rosa

I suppose the way to look at it is there are people who get pregnant and have no idea, they smoke, drink, eat things they maybe shouldn't, exercise etc etc and go on to have healthy pregnancies, I know our circumstances are different and we want to do everything we can to have a positive result , so maybe you could cut out any high impact exercise and stick with walking and yoga, it's really a personal choice at the end of the day.

Good luck I hope its a bfp this time round

x
ME 30 DH 37

ICSI Oct 11 :BFP
bab11 July 12
FET Aug 14 BFN
FET Nov 14 BFN
What's next??

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE