You are not logged in.

Unread posts

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

Dear visitor, welcome to FertilityZone . If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

• "lollipop_88" started this thread

Reg: May 3rd 2013

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 1:54pm

AMH/FSH Levels.............Very confused!!! Please help!

I have been informed that my AMH levels are extremely low and will not be able to concieve naturally......

I dont really know much about this? Is anyone able to help? I have another review appointment next week to see consultant so I want to know what is actually wrong with me so I can ask some questions as it hasn't really been explained to me.

Thank you xxx

Reg: May 15th 2012

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 2:52pm

Hi Lollipop,
I must admit that I don't know loads about amh levels. It's supposed to be an indicator of your ovarian reserve, and the numbers go down with age. Mine are VERY low, but we were already having ICSI because of my husband's rubbish sperm.
I've noticed that the levels for some people on here do improve spontaneously so don't panic too much. If you do need to have treatment to conceive then your consultant will take your amh into account and treat you accordingly. I've managed to produce a good number of eggs during treatment even with low amh, so it isn't a disaster.

Sorry I don't know much more, hopefully someone else will be able to give you more information soon.
x
Rosa

Me 38 rubbish cycles, very low amh
DH 39 rubbish sperm

Ist ICSI 6/12 - abandoned :-(
2nd ICSI 10/12 - BFN :-(
3rd ICSI 1/13 - BFN :-(
4th FET 3/13 abandoned :-(
5th FET 5/13 - BFN :-(
Taking a break over the summer

Gracie

Reg: Jul 15th 2007

What's Up?
I now have double the trouble :)

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 4:40pm

Hey

Welcome to FZ!

AMH gives an indication of your ovarian reserve, mine is also very low and was just 1.79 when it was measured four years ago. I had donor treatment in the end and conceived my first daughter and then conceived naturally last year so now have two lovely girls.

Don't give up hope as you really never can tell, try and get a more detailed answer from your consultant. Some clinics won't treat you with IVF if your AMH is below a certain point but mine did a short protocol IVF (which worked in a very roundabout way but I sadly had an early loss) so there will be plenty of options open to you.

:goodluck: to you.

xxx

Me - 40 AMH 1.79, DH - 45
TTC since 04/06
6 x TX to date, inc 2 DIVF in Barcelona

One early loss, 04/09
Freya Grace arrived on 6/11/10 - Perfect at 6lb and 1/2 oz

Amazing natural :BFP: on 12/02/12
Poppy Ann arrived on 13/10/12 - Born at home weighing 6lb 12oz

We got there in the end! happydance

United Kingdom

Reg: Sep 24th 2006

Children: Three gorgeous daughters!

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 4:42pm

Hi and welcome

I hope you like it on here, we have very friendly and supportive members that are sure to make your TTC journey that little bit easier, I hope you feel right at home with us all soon.

Here are some links that you may find useful.

There is an abbreviations section HERE so you know what we're all going on about.

There is a FSH/POF section HERE where there is loads of information.

There is a general fertility section HERE there is tonnes of information there that you may find helpful and will answer some of your questions.

There is a general fertility FAQ section HERE which contains lots of guides to different aspects of fertility.

There is a guide to the initial fertility tests HERE which explains the tests you can expect to be offered.

There is a TTC naturally section HEREwhere you can get to know others TTC naturally.

There is a TTC naturally chatter thread HERE where you can chat and get to know others TTC naturally.

There is a cycle buddies section HERE so you can get to know others having TX at the same time as you.

There is a 2WW section HERE and a 2WW CHAT thread HERE so you can compare every twinge and symptom with everyone else.

There is a clinic feedback & chat section HERE so you can look up your clinic and ask others any questions about it.

There is a ** GETTING STARTED - FZ FACTS, TIPS & HELP ** thread HERE this contains everything you need to know about getting started on FZ and a few guidelines too.

There is a ** NEW TO THE SITE? A BIT LOST? POST FOR HELP HERE!!! ** thread HERE where you can post any questions you have about how to use the site, a team member will answer you as soon as possible!

There is a how to search thread HERE so you can get the maximum benefit from the forum..

FertilityZone is free to join and 90% of the forum is free to use. You may however like to become a member and take advantage of all of the special benefits and fun bits that this gives you! We have a thread HERE which tells you how to subscribe and explains all of the extras that you will enjoy as a member!

And finally!! Have you seen that lots of our members have fancy names in their signatures? If you’re interested in having something similar it’s really easy to do. Have a look HERE to choose a style. If there isn't one you like there, let us know the kind of thing you'd like and we'll try and create one for you.

If you have any questions about anything, just ask. :smile:

Maria72

Italy

What's Up?
ohffs

Friday, May 3rd 2013, 5:57pm

Hi and welcome!
Check this: FSH/AMH/hormones/POF/menopause FAQs

The guest access to this forum was limited. Overall there are 6 Postings in this thread.
To read them all you should register yourself.

FERTILITYZONE

MEDHURST – PROUD HOSTS OF FERTILITYZONE